The Paranoia of Glenn Beck

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Has anyone caught this lunatic's latest? I think he and O'Reilly may be in the mists of nervous breakdowns. FOX really needs to take these guys off the air. Obsessing over and addiction to money and attention can do this to certain monkeys. I've heard Beck has been hemorrhaging viewers and sponsors. Here it is (it's a bit lengthy):

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

You don't want my take on these obnoxious talking heads. I truly can't believe anyone believes a word they say, they embarass themselves.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

What's most interesting is that this neurosis is memorialized for all the world to witness on youtube. It would not surprise me if colleges were to use footage such as this in future academia for teaching psychology and psychiatry.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

They just get progressively more paranoid about everything. I almost find it comical until I realize some people actually hang on every worD they say. SCARY..!!
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Scrat

Post by Scrat »

He reminds me of one of those telepreachers. I want to barf. Threads of truth manipulated and twisted.
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

To my knowledge Lenin never said "useful idiots".

The earliest known usage in Western media is in a 1948 New York Times article on Italian politics.[1] Despite often being attributed to Lenin by American conservatives, in 1987, Grant Harris, senior reference librarian at the Library of Congress, declared that "We have not been able to identify this phrase among [Lenin's] published works.

Useful idiot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He does make a good point, people who have nothing are going to rebel.
gmc

Post by gmc »

The first bit was quite funny till I realised he was actually being serious.

First time I've heard an american commentator pointing out backing up repressive regime is maybe not a good idea and pointing out just how hypocritical it is. It has a kind of insane logic to it if you don't know much about world politics. Do people actually take this seriously in america?
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

This explains it all, ye of little faith.

Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

gmc;1352721 wrote: The first bit was quite funny till I realised he was actually being serious.

First time I've heard an american commentator pointing out backing up repressive regime is maybe not a good idea and pointing out just how hypocritical it is. It has a kind of insane logic to it if you don't know much about world politics. Do people actually take this seriously in america?Many people in our country love the guy, and hang on his every word.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Ahso!;1352739 wrote: [QUOTE=Ahso!;1352666] I've heard Beck has been hemorrhaging viewers and sponsors. Many people in our country love the guy, and hang on his every word.[/QUOTE]...
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Glen Beck illustrates the dangers of whern someone stops taking massive amounts of drugs cold turkey ... they become "dry drunks". Bush was another. He's still high on his own bullshit. Personally, I'd sooner he puked his vomit in the toilet rather all over the T.V. :)
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Accountable;1352751 wrote: ...It's not a contradiction. Word is Beck has lost about one third of his viewership over the past year or so. He still has "many" viewers.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I did see this episode and I actually thought he had some interesting ideas sprinkled among moments of accuracies. Grudgingly I do admire his free thinking, research and willingness to voice his opinion. His opinions are less biased than the rest in the sense that his thoughts are original and not based on party lines. He is equally critical on both sides of the fence.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Here's a special treat, O'Reilly interviewing Glenn Beck. I guess O'Relly is hurting for ratings too. Funny O'Reilly seems afraid to push the issue and show the degree of arrogance to Beck he does to about everyone else he interviews.

It wasn't that long ago a person such as Beck would either be behind a religious podium or in an insane asylum. With the creation of FOX opportunities abound for such folks.

Bill O'Reilly Dismisses Beck's Egypt Theory: 'No Evidence' (VIDEO)

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

It's funny these same guys attack a country in the middle east to "spread democracy" but clearly they have nothing but contempt for the idea.
gmc

Post by gmc »

:yh_rotflOK I'm not quite sure what he is suggesting here I can't decide whether he thinks hitler had some bad ideas or he's suggesting america should march forward under god. Ein Volk might be a bit problematical unless he also wants to exterminate certain ethnic groups.

YouTube - Glenn Beck and Adolf Hitler VS Richard Dawkins

Is this guy really mainstream TV - or is it satire aimed at showing where religious fanatiacism can lead?

Return to “General Chit Chat”