Two and a half Men

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
LarsMac

Two and a half Men

Post by LarsMac »

I used to enjoy this show. It was good for a laugh.

But that was when I thought Charley Sheen was acting like a self-absorbed nitwit.

But now I see that he is not acting.

Kinda takes the fun out of it.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
koan

Two and a half Men

Post by koan »

I was under the impression that the show was inspired by him. They cast him as himself. I suppose that's why I never liked it. It's kind of joke here, if my kid wants to watch it and I have to be within hearing distance she owes me a favour.

I'm more entertained with what he's doing right now suing the network than by the show itself. His statements about being proud of the way he lives and his party lovin' bad boy status is also rather refreshing. He's announced that he'll no longer apologise for being the way he is.
Snooz

Two and a half Men

Post by Snooz »

I had a friend that insisted it was the funniest show on TV and gave me some vids he had taped of it. Sorry, but I thought it was pretty dismal and I don't remember laughing once. I guess my type of humor is geared more toward shows like 30 Rock and Parks and Recreation.

I did used to enjoy Charlie Sheen's dramatic roles in movies but that was several decades ago.
Compost King

Two and a half Men

Post by Compost King »

I think he's going to self destruct, sad really. He looks different somehow, can't figure out what it is?
CARLA

Two and a half Men

Post by CARLA »

It will never be a "Frazier" but at times I find it funny. Not so much now that I see his antics he will self destruct eventually. He looks different because of drugs and no makeup when doing these interview look like he has lost weight and his teeth appeared to be decayed on the right when he talks look at him. Crack, Met will destroy your teeth.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Peg

Two and a half Men

Post by Peg »

I love the show. The supporting cast makes the show, not Charlie. The more he opens his mouth, the more repulsive I find him.
Scrat

Two and a half Men

Post by Scrat »

He's already had some of his teeth replaced in front I believe. He's a sad individual IMO. Just one question though. Why don't they arrest the people selling him drugs? Really, what in the hell is going on here? You'd think the vice squad would be helping him out a little? Maybe they're afraid of something? Why's he getting special treatment?

The only reason I can think of is the fact that he's making a great example of just what that stuff will do to you. Like they say, "He's not a total loser, he can still serve as a bad example". :yh_rotfl
Odie

Two and a half Men

Post by Odie »

I love his show! Everyone in it exceeds their acting abilities, they make the show.

No, it`s not for kids, but neither is SouthPark and many more.

Sheen has wrecked his own career all on his own, so much for this years episodes as they have all been canceled.

wonder just how long will the network will put up with so much crap from him.
Life is just to short for drama.
ur_next_ex

Two and a half Men

Post by ur_next_ex »

One of the things that the general public simply must learn to do is to SEPARATE an ARTIST from his CRAFT. Enjoy what they have created and leave their personal life out of anything you have to say about them. I remember waaay back when I was a teenager and I found out one of my very favorite artists was gay. I was STUNNED. SPEECHLESS. FLABERGHASTED. SHOCKED. But as the years past, I discovered that his talent as an artist/musican never waned; indeed, it got better and stronger. What was I to do? Reject the artist because of a personal life choice he made that in no way shape or form directly or indirectly affected anyone I know? OF COURSE NOT. Since then, I have learned that it is an artists craft that is up for critique, NOT what he/she does in their personal life. Period. End of Story.
Odie

Two and a half Men

Post by Odie »

ur_next_ex;1355290 wrote: One of the things that the general public simply must learn to do is to SEPARATE an ARTIST from his CRAFT. Enjoy what they have created and leave their personal life out of anything you have to say about them. I remember waaay back when I was a teenager and I found out one of my very favorite artists was gay. I was STUNNED. SPEECHLESS. FLABERGHASTED. SHOCKED. But as the years past, I discovered that his talent as an artist/musican never waned; indeed, it got better and stronger. What was I to do? Reject the artist because of a personal life choice he made that in no way shape or form directly or indirectly affected anyone I know? OF COURSE NOT. Since then, I have learned that it is an artists craft that is up for critique, NOT what he/she does in their personal life. Period. End of Story.

well said!
Life is just to short for drama.
greenfingers

Two and a half Men

Post by greenfingers »

What the people do in there personal life shows who they are - if you watch their series you support the people. I mean they get money for it. So you have to think if you do support them or not. If you exaggarate a bit you could say that by watching the series we paid Charlie Sheen's addiction.
spot

Two and a half Men

Post by spot »

That's not an exaggeration at all. Had people switched channels he'd have remained free of the fanatical ambition which rips inconsequential talentless prostitutes like him apart.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
ur_next_ex

Two and a half Men

Post by ur_next_ex »

greenfingers;1355321 wrote: What the people do in there personal life shows who they are - if you watch their series you support the people. I mean they get money for it. So you have to think if you do support them or not. If you exaggarate a bit you could say that by watching the series we paid Charlie Sheen's addiction.
I'm willing to discuss this as long as neither of us gets personal. Your opinion is a pristine example of what I know people SHOULD NOT be doing. A Musician, an athlete, an actor; these people audition THEIR TALENT. THAT is what should be judged. You are throwing out the baby with the bathwater if you chose to stop enjoying the fruit of a talented artists' craft because of something going on in their personal life that doesn't effect you in any way shape or form. And no, people who just look at 2 1/2 men aren't paying Sheen a dime; especially if they don't use the sponsor's' products anyway. By the way, who's suited to judge what's going on in YOUR personal life? CHARLIE SHEEN or some other actor or musician or athlete? If somehow Chalie Sheen heard about something you actually did and he told you that he thought you were a jerk because of what you did, you would say "Who the hell are you to judge me? It's none of your damn business!" I really can't paint this picture any clearer.
librtyhead

Two and a half Men

Post by librtyhead »

I find it funny that an actor has raised this many emotions across the board. I kinda think that he is actually increasing his net worth by acting so screwed up. If that makes any freaking sense. He has accomplished what actors aspire to become. Jerks with swimming pools.
flopstock

Two and a half Men

Post by flopstock »

How's emilio doing?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Return to “General TV Shows”