Gardening vs. Sport Activity

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Lon

Post by Lon »

By mutual agreement---------I cook----my wife gardens. Today I decided to help her by pruning hedges and bushes. 45 minutes of that activity and I was huffing and puffing and felt like I had run a 26 mile marathon. Gardening must use different muscle groups because I can play volleyball and other sport activities for several hours to stay in shape and not get any where as tired.

I think gardening can be injurious to one's health. :wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Lon;1357993 wrote: By mutual agreement---------I cook----my wife gardens. Today I decided to help her by pruning hedges and bushes. 45 minutes of that activity and I was huffing and puffing and felt like I had run a 26 mile marathon. Gardening must use different muscle groups because I can play volleyball and other sport activities for several hours to stay in shape and not get any where as tired.

:yh_rotfl

Gardening is hard, most think its just simple planting and even that can be a task with me having arthritis of the spine.

I love using my electric hedge trimmers on my neighours oh so horribly looking long hedge

Then there's the electric weed-whacker, and lawnmower, when I'm all done, I'm pooped and muscle aches all over......by mid-summer, no more aches.:wah:
Life is just to short for drama.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

You got that right Lon ..!! When I use to take care of all the gardening at my mother house prior to go no maintenance at all around her house I was exhausted and ached in placed I didn't know could ache. :)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Bez

Post by Bez »

It's a good 'workout' that's for sure but more important for me is that gardening has kept me sane for many years...
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

So true, Lon. I gave up trying to get a veggie garden after the second year-all that work for very little produce. I have a nice gentleman mow my yards, that yard work used to wipe me out for the weekend.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Lon;1357993 wrote: By mutual agreement---------I cook----my wife gardens. Today I decided to help her by pruning hedges and bushes. 45 minutes of that activity and I was huffing and puffing and felt like I had run a 26 mile marathon. Gardening must use different muscle groups because I can play volleyball and other sport activities for several hours to stay in shape and not get any where as tired.

A solid day of washing, rincing, leathering, T-Cutting and polishing the boat on Saturday had much the same effect - I slept well that night.

Return to “General Chit Chat”