Working For the Council

General humor & jokes. Share funny photos and jokes. Must be "R" rated or below.
OpenMind

Working For the Council

Post by OpenMind »

A bloke goes to the local council to apply for a job in the office.

The interviewer asks him, "Are you allergic to anything?"

He replies, "Yes, caffeine."

"Have you ever worked for the public service before?"

"Yes, I was in the army." he says, "I was in Iraq for two tours."

The interviewer says, "That will give you 5 extra points toward employment."

Then he asks, "Are you disabled in any way?"

The guy says, "Yes. A mine exploded near me when I was there and I lost both of my testicles".

The interviewer grimaces and then says, "O.K. You've got enough points for me to take you on right away. Our normal hours are from 8.00am to 4.00pm....but you can start tomorrow at 10.00am - and carry on starting at 10.00am every day."

The bloke is puzzled and asks, "If the work hours are from 8.00am to 4.00pm, why don't you want me here until 10.00am? I'm not looking for any special treatment y'know"

"What you have to understand is that this is a council job," the interviewer says,

"For the first two hours, we just stand around drinking coffee and scratching our balls. There's no point in you coming in for that."

Odie

Working For the Council

Post by Odie »

so true!:wah:
Life is just to short for drama.
spot

Working For the Council

Post by spot »

True in what particular sense, Odie? I'm quite familiar with truth in various settings but none of them map onto the content of that joke. Or are you adding a second joke to complement the first?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Odie

Working For the Council

Post by Odie »

spot;1362685 wrote: True in what particular sense, Odie? I'm quite familiar with truth in various settings but none of them map onto the content of that joke. Or are you adding a second joke to complement the first?

-spot, it's a simple joke about government.:yh_rotfl

don't you ever laugh at jokes or laugh at anything?
spot

Working For the Council

Post by spot »

Odie;1362687 wrote: -spot, it's a simple joke about government.:yh_rotfl

don't you ever laugh at jokes or laugh at anything?

I laughed at OpenMind's joke, it's a simple joke about government. I was utterly confused at what you might have meant by "so true" so I asked you what you meant. How does asking that mean I have no sense of humour? Was "so true" meant to be humorous too? If so, how? If not, what was it there for?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Odie

Working For the Council

Post by Odie »

spot;1362690 wrote: I laughed at OpenMind's joke, it's a simple joke about government. I was utterly confused at what you might have meant by "so true" so I asked you what you meant. How does asking that mean I have no sense of humour? Was "so true" meant to be humorous too? If so, how? If not, what was it there for?

I didn't know I had to spell a joke out for you spot

"For the first two hours, we just stand around drinking coffee and scratching our balls. There's no point in you coming in for that."

so true, as governments area lazy.

spot I well know you despise me and its time you stop bullying/harraseming me everywhere I go.

isn't bullying/harassing against the rules spot? You of all people should know that.

There's no point in reporting some of your posts is there now? Your the admin and everyone would suck up to you.

I'm off now for a while to a much different sort of forum where no one gets picked on, where everyone has they're say and has a great time...

...and people wonder why so many left this forum??
spot

Working For the Council

Post by spot »

Odie;1362691 wrote: so true, as governments area lazy.You seem not to recognize that if "for the first two hours, we just stand around drinking coffee and scratching our balls" were conceivably true then the joke wouldn't work. The joke can only work if there's a logical disconnect between the set-up and the appropriately incongruous punch-line.

"Governments are lazy"? Some government departments seem inherently inefficient, perhaps. Government employees at the work-face are stretched closer to breaking point more often than is good for either the public or the employee. If "so true" weren't so ludicrous as to be meaningless it would be an undeserved incoherent insult, perhaps, but it wouldn't be even slightly funny.
Bruv

Working For the Council

Post by Bruv »

Sigh !!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”