split thread: off topic material from life is so sad sometimes

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

oscar;1366193 wrote: Funny enough, despite my many fall outs with Spot, he at least speaks his mind and has undoubtable knowledge and Is highly educated. That is something that one can at least respect. However, simply hanging on the coat-tails of that gives you not one jot of the credence you desire.If this is what you honestly believe, why then is it you constantly insult Spot? I'll tell you why, it's because your head is clouded. You go to and fro with everything you post about.

You wish others were as honest with you & cared about you as much as I do.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Yes, we can all agree that spot is a wonderful man... nay, a GREAT man. He's a titan of our times, a hero for the ages. Why, we're lucky to share the same pixels with him.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I feel strangely dirty for popping in and out of this thread.

Every time I leave I am having to wipe my feet, thinking of having an extra long shower with some Dettol before sleeping tonight.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Post by spot »

SnoozeAgain;1366197 wrote: Yes, we can all agree that spot is a wonderful man... nay, a GREAT man. He's a titan of our times, a hero for the ages. Why, we're lucky to share the same pixels with him!

Damn right. You tell them snoozie. That's a comment I can bask in for months because I know it came from the heart.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1366194 wrote: Apologies, I meant grade C...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/p ... report.pdf gets it best. Page 126.3. Alcohol and tobacco are not included in the classification system

13. It is this omission from the classification system that, perhaps more than any other, truly lays bare

its fundamental lack of consistency, reasoning or evidence base. Any and all medical authorities will

acknowledge that by far the greatest harm to public health from drugs stems from alcohol and tobacco use.

In the UK they are estimated to be responsible for 30,000 and 100,000 premature deaths each year

respectively, more than 300 a day. This figure is approximately 40 times the total number of deaths from all

illegal drugs combined, and even if relative numbers of users are taken into account, if classified under any

realistic assessment of toxicity, addictiveness and mortality rates both drugs would certainly be criminalised

and prohibited under the current system. The reason they are absent from the classification system is that

they are, for entirely political/ historical reasons, absent from the international prohibitionist legal system.

This distinction is arbitrary, perverse and illogical.

“Why not criminalise tobacco, place it within the Misuse of Drugs Act, put it into Class C and

have two years for simple possession of this dangerous drug?. . . it is an awkward question in the

debate that needs to be asked.” GriYths Edwards (former chair of the ACMD) “Matters of Substance”

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I agree Spot I have re-read the post 20 times and can't see how Pam was intentionally trying to hurt anyone with it. I think this is a very sensitive subject that many have had memories brought back, and to the front I respect your pain. I know where your coming from but will keep my pain to myself. There is no greater loss than that of a child.

Pam didn't mean to offend anyone she isn't that kind of person. I hope the bickering can stop as Fuzzy was sharing a very sad story indeed.

Do you know what, oscar? I think you failed to grasp what Pam actually wrote, you censored it into what you wanted to see instead of what she actually posted. The offending was entirely your own. Perhaps you might like to go back and check carefully.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

spot;1366200 wrote: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/p ... report.pdf gets it best. Page 126.3. Alcohol and tobacco are not included in the classification system

13. It is this omission from the classification system that, perhaps more than any other, truly lays bare

its fundamental lack of consistency, reasoning or evidence base. Any and all medical authorities will

acknowledge that by far the greatest harm to public health from drugs stems from alcohol and tobacco use.

In the UK they are estimated to be responsible for 30,000 and 100,000 premature deaths each year

respectively, more than 300 a day. This figure is approximately 40 times the total number of deaths from all

illegal drugs combined, and even if relative numbers of users are taken into account, if classified under any

realistic assessment of toxicity, addictiveness and mortality rates both drugs would certainly be criminalised

and prohibited under the current system. The reason they are absent from the classification system is that

they are, for entirely political/ historical reasons, absent from the international prohibitionist legal system.

This distinction is arbitrary, perverse and illogical.

“Why not criminalise tobacco, place it within the Misuse of Drugs Act, put it into Class C and

have two years for simple possession of this dangerous drug?. . . it is an awkward question in the

debate that needs to be asked.” GriYths Edwards (former chair of the ACMD) “Matters of Substance”

If you would like to start a thread re: this, I would be happy to participate.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1366202 wrote: If you would like to start a thread re: this, I would be happy to participate.

That runs a close second to "I say chaps, let's turn over those rocks there might be woodlice".
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1366180 wrote: and oscar I do agree that Pam did say that she was leaving and she should have said that in her opening post as well, and so should have Kathy Ellen, who has also done the same thing over and over again here only to finally come back again and stay and I again said I was sorry if I cause you grief with others in the past but, like I said in the past is over and I have been through some quite devastating things in this past year which I never have no intentions at all telling anyone here as they don't have time or give a damn....

and that is not why I was banned and a lot back by spot who I assured there would be no past brought up....accept with Helen, who never even bothered to read my new pm.......with no 'must read back' put on it..

I again must go.............please mods you must leave this post here as everyone else also knows..,:yh_party

an again for the very last time if I should ever come back here again.....:lips:

and you think you might just say, damn, this has made everyone feel so good?

wrong....just think about what others will say or do, including your newbies, whom you need so much now and I and others do to.......but also your 'subscribing members' and new subscribing members who think they may now become new...

will never become new subscribing members....

.....just trust me as you need members to subscribe to keep any forum running unless mods are rich enough...but we are not.:lips::yh_wave:mad: Do I take It from this post that you are not returning to Forum garden?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1366210 wrote: Do I take It from this post that you are not returning to Forum garden?

We should be so lucky.

Maybe you could try something like "It is simply someone not agreeing with all you say. When someone disagree's with you, out you flounce. It's all dramatics and attention seeking. It Is a forum, not everyone agree's with everyone's posts. You could simply have left the thread and not posted again If you were so disgruntled at someone calling your post Into question". You know - goose, gander, that sort of thing.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1366226 wrote: We should be so lucky.

Maybe you could try something like "It is simply someone not agreeing with all you say. When someone disagree's with you, out you flounce. It's all dramatics and attention seeking. It Is a forum, not everyone agree's with everyone's posts. You could simply have left the thread and not posted again If you were so disgruntled at someone calling your post Into question". You know - goose, gander, that sort of thing. You're up very early for a Bristolian.

You are anticipating too much without waiting for the outcome.
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1366228 wrote: You are anticipating too much without waiting for the outcome.If you have any influence, temporary or otherwise, you might press her to have a third-party review of whatever she's taking. She never had much of a grip but right now she's in free-fall.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1366259 wrote: If you have any influence, temporary or otherwise, you might press her to have a third-party review of whatever she's taking. She never had much of a grip but right now she's in free-fall. Spot, Odie has some health Issue's. Mocking her lack of understanding whilst she has those Issue's Is not funny, big or clever.

The difference between Pam and Odie Is that Pam Is Intelligent enough to deal with a situation. Disagreeing with a members post Is a far cry from mocking the Inflicted. It's reminiscent of a head boy of a public school shouting 'bundle' In the dorm. Besides, you are predicting the final score without the penalty shoot out being played.
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1366264 wrote: Spot, Odie has some health Issue's. Mocking her lack of understanding whilst she has those Issue's Is not funny, big or clever.I have a responsibility not to mock the afflicted and I hold to it. Odie has the responsibility to say when her head's screwed or people will slate her for ages before it becomes apparent that she "has some health Issue's". Far from doing that she's refusing to even acknowledge it when anyone enquires.

What she can't do is continually spit gobbets of filth over the site and expect perpetual immunity on account of her fragile grasp, whatever its cause. If the woman's ill then talk her into restricting her posts to PMs, or at least to stay out of otherwise serious topics like fuzzy's. Behaving as she has will gain her no special treatment at all. Nor you neither, I might add.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1366271 wrote: I have a responsibility not to mock the afflicted and I hold to it. Odie has the responsibility to say when her head's screwed or people will slate her for ages before it becomes apparent that she "has some health Issue's". Far from doing that she's refusing to even acknowledge it when anyone enquires.

What she can't do is continually spit gobbets of filth over the site and expect perpetual immunity on account of her fragile grasp, whatever its cause. If the woman's ill then talk her into restricting her posts to PMs, or at least to stay out of otherwise serious topics like fuzzy's. Behaving as she has will gain her no special treatment at all. Nor you neither, I might add.
First of all Spot, where did I say In any post that her health Issue's related to her head being screwed? You are assuming again.

She has absolutely no more responsibility to discuss her health Issue's on a public forum than anyone else does.

Anyone with a a shred of humanity, would realise by her posts that all is not well. Instead, you yourself trolled her around threads baiting her until Bryn slapped you down.

Have a little humility Spot Instead of trying to be the smart arsse each and every time. Rat boy may be Impressed but I suspect that others may be a little uncomfortable with It.

Leave members to deal with Odie themselves all In good time.
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1366273 wrote: Leave members to deal with Odie themselves all In good time.
Not when she behaves like she did yesterday, no.

If I could swap her and you for the entire acute demented ward at the BRI I'd take the offer like a shot.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1366277 wrote: Not when she behaves like she did yesterday, no.

If I could swap her and you for the entire acute demented ward at the BRI I'd take the offer like a shot. You see? You couldn't just say 'We'll wait to see what happens with Odie' could you? Play up to the audience.
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1366279 wrote: You see? You couldn't just say 'We'll wait to see what happens with Odie' could you? Play up to the audience.

I've waited to see what happens with Odie for the last three years. Holding my breath any longer isn't going to change my conclusion. Someone, somewhere, may think she's God's Gift but whoever it is they're not on ForumGarden.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1366280 wrote: I've waited to see what happens with Odie for the last three years. Holding my breath any longer isn't going to change my conclusion. Someone, somewhere, may think she's God's Gift but whoever it is they're not on ForumGarden.

It was you who trolled Odie around threads baiting her when her posts obviously Indicated a problem even to a blind beggar. It was you who got slapped down and It was you who had a member report your post. If anyone expects Immunity, It is you.

Instead of waiting for Odie to return to this thread and let other members deal with her, you continue to play to the gallery In order to Insult all the more so she'll come In with all guns blazing. It seems a very old tired tactic of yours. If you keep chipping away, she might just get angry enough to make another nonsensical post that you and rat boy can mock. It Is called 'Flaming' Spot, something you have many times accused others of.

Making blatant Insults Is not helping Odie understand where she went wrong when she already has a problem understanding In the first place.
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1366282 wrote: Making blatant Insults Is not helping Odie understand where she went wrong when she already has a problem understanding In the first place.It is perhaps a matter of regret that ForumGarden didn't know Odie before she became incoherently aggressive, she may well have been interesting to talk to in that earlier phase of her life. My comments relate solely to Odie as she presents herself here, not to any putative former resident. I'm dealing with a choice betweeen retaining posters like Pam whom the site values, or a combination of Odie the thread-molester and her wretched sidekick who seems to post here purely as practice should the Hammer Studios re-open and the chance to audition for the role of Countess Bathory arise.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1366284 wrote: It is perhaps a matter of regret that ForumGarden didn't know Odie before she became incoherently aggressive, she may well have been interesting to talk to in that earlier phase of her life. My comments relate solely to Odie as she presents herself here, not to any putative former resident. I'm dealing with a choice betweeen retaining posters like Pam whom the site values, or a combination of Odie the thread-molester and her wretched sidekick who seems to post here purely as practice should the Hammer Studios re-open and the chance to audition for the role of Countess Bathory arise.

You just can not leave It alone can you? As I said, why not wait to see If Odie returns to this thread and let the members deal with It?

I think the problem you have Is actually that upon my return, you were waiting In anticipation for the fireworks between Odie and myself.

Odie knows how I feel. I made It clear to her when i replied to one of her pm's a couple of days ago.

It Is not a case of anyone being someone's sidekick, more recognising when a member Is being trolled and baited on other threads just for the fun of It. While the Ahso follows you around like a phart In a spacesuit, pot, kettle, black In relation to sidekicks.

If you have a problem with Odie's post attacking Pam, why not take your own advice and use the private message facility. It may be more dignified than the spectacle you are putting on for others.

I asked you to show a little humility with someone who has some serious health Issue's, how that equates to the assumptions you are making Is anyone's guess.

I can not ask you again. If myself and other members here have a problem with Odie, then we can deal with her when she returns. Chucking out Insulting posts, as I said, Is not helping her understand the problem. If Odie Is to be put right, she needs to understand.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

spot;1366284 wrote: I'm dealing with a choice Knowing you dislike banning, you do, I believe, have the option of screening posts before they appear on the board, don't you? This way you don't have to listen to the "let so-and-so come back, please" BS. Leave the screening exclusively to Bryn and yourself.

That's more work than anyone should need to do on a forum whose membership is made up of adults, but the fact is you've got one or three people here who obviously need their hands held.

Odie was tolerable before Oscar returned, all that was required was to permit Odie to stagger around and avoid bumping into her. Oscar, on the other hand, goes about looking for trouble, or misreads and misinterprets what others type along with her name calling.

So censor the two of them.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Just got up to let the dog out...

Shouldn't this thread at least be in the members only area?

IMO, it is out of line for any of you to be posting any of your last bits here in the open area.

back to bed
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Oscar Namechange

Kathy Ellen;1366141 wrote: **Sorry...the quote didn't work on op....#1

Posted by Oscar...

Then why not point that out In your first post? I was Insulted by your post and because someone has dared call you Into question, you expose your umbrage. You posted that you were leaving this forum a few days ago on your 'requiem for the banned thread' and I seem to recall you posting similar on several other occassions. It Is not ugliness Pam, It is simply someone not agreeing with all you say. When someone disagree's with you, out you flounce. It's all dramatics and attention seeking. It Is a forum Pam, not everyone agree's with everyone's posts. You could simply have left the thread and not posted again If you were so disgruntled at someone calling your post Into question and taking the thread off tangent for the people who want to read for some help here.

Posted by Odie..

your absolute right oscar, it's nothing that a drama queen doesn't say over and and over, I'm leaving....just to get everyone say.,,,,,,,,,,awwwwwwwwww please stay!

then a few days later she's back.

then starts the lying and more drama after drama and no one wants to read several long paragraphs and feel they have to completely respond.

then as you said.....the thread goes off tangent.

when we were friends on FB?

she would do the same..then type more after she hit comment......and that kept on going for at least 5 times and stlll does.

Odie,

I'm going to post a comment to you here since you won't answer my question...Were you talking about Pam?

Words spoken between Oscar and Pam are between them. You on the other hand jumped on the bandwagon and said some pretty nasty untruths about Pam.

Facts are...

1. Pam is not a drama queen...never has been, never will be. You are the drama queen and no one else.

2. Pam does not look for sympathy, nor does she wish for anyone to feel sorry for her. She does not lie. She is an amazing, strong woman who fights her own battles without drama.

3. You were never a friend of Pam's on Facebook so how could you read anything that she posted? How could you comment on anything that was never there on her wall when you didn't see her wall?

How dare you try to besmirch her good character and spew the vile that you do?

You should be ashamed of yourself and apologize to all.

I'm honestly gobsmacked with what you've said here.

Now the truth is out...You are the one who makes up lies and starts the drama!!!

btw...You also said that 'Pam made a statement on her 'banned' thread that she's leaving FG, but she's still here.' Unfortunately, you deleted that part before I could copy it. There is no drama on that thread...I just reread it....another blatant lie on your part.
As It appears that Odie Is not going to return to this thread as I hoped so members could deal with the Issue Instead of Spot, I will reply to your post now Odie.

Odie, your attack on Pam was disgusting.

For the record, I have no issue with Pam other than I took offence to her post. I have not had problems with Pam In the past and as she comes and goes, I have not formed any real opinion of her. I do not dislike her just because I disagreed with her post. But, what you did was jump on the bandwagon at my expense and I do not like being used. I have since tried to contact Pam on Facebook to apologise to her and see If she will return here. I posted to her that I did not feel a very sensitive thread was the place to be announcing she was leaving. Any issue was between Pam and myself and It was not for you to use It as an excuse for launch an unprovoked attack on her.

Although I do not know Pam very well, from everything she has posted, I do not believe she Is a liar.

I defended you on other threads because I believed you were being trolled and baited. That does not mean you can attack another member simply because I disagreed with them.

I made It very clear to you when I replied to your PM that I had no desire to accept friend requests here or on FB nor enter Into private messages with you. I also made It clear that I returned here purely to post with some British posters on current events. I also explained to you when you resurrected my room that i had no desire to continue because for one, I do not have the time these days. You told me you understood.

Whilst I do not agree with Spot's continued Insults directed at you which I suspect Is to flame you all the more, I am not your keeper. I would feel the need to point out blatant bullying against any member. All I have tried to do Is be civil to you In respect of Bryn.

Where you go wrong Odie time after time, is re-hashing old fall outs. There Is no need to keep bringing Gill, Jazzy and anyone else Into It. All you do Is set yourself up for some of the attacks you get back from members. You have to let things go and move on Odie.

I am very close friends with Gill, Carol and Kaz In real life. They will not return to this forum because of you.

I can not help you If you will not help yourself. You need to forget the past and move on. Start a clean slate.

The advice I gave you In my message was just to carry on posting. What I meant was, to carry on posting without joining In when ever you see a bun fight.

Stop bringing up the past Odie. You are confusing who said what to who when and It doesn't help you.

If you have a grievance, go to Bryn as I can not and will not be your defender when you are In the wrong.

I have too much on my plate along with the problems with my husband to get embroiled In this crap.

Please just let me get on with the reason I came here for and I am sure things will work out.
Oscar Namechange

Ahso!;1366286 wrote: Knowing you dislike banning, you do, I believe, have the option of screening posts before they appear on the board, don't you? This way you don't have to listen to the "let so-and-so come back, please" BS. Leave the screening exclusively to Bryn and yourself.

That's more work than anyone should need to do on a forum whose membership is made up of adults, but the fact is you've got one or three people here who obviously need their hands held.

Odie was tolerable before Oscar returned, all that was required was to permit Odie to stagger around and avoid bumping into her. Oscar, on the other hand, goes about looking for trouble, or misreads and misinterprets what others type along with her name calling.

So censor the two of them. Perhaps you would like to refer yourself back to the threads I have posted where you have come on simply to stir the pot. Please show me where I have posted anything on your threads where I am looking for trouble.

No worries, I have you on Ignore now.
Oscar Namechange

Penalty shoot out completed.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

oscar;1366289 wrote: Perhaps you would like to refer yourself back to the threads I have posted where you have come on simply to stir the pot. Please show me where I have posted anything on your threads where I am looking for trouble.

No worries, I have you on Ignore now.More misinterpretations, oscar. This is exactly what I'm talking about, you become offended way too easily due to your raw emotionality. My comments on the thread you allude to was a genuine debate on the relevance of the op presented.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Ahso!;1366286 wrote: Knowing you dislike banning, you do, I believe, have the option of screening posts before they appear on the board, don't you? This way you don't have to listen to the "let so-and-so come back, please" BS. Leave the screening exclusively to Bryn and yourself.

So censor the two of them.As a follow up: you can let the delayed posts be debated by green members, but I would also suggest members who require censoring not be permitted to be green unless and until they cure themselves of their adolescent behavior.

And sell all this to whomever you need under the guise of "Tough Love". American members should buy in rather quickly under that heading.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Never in all my time on Forum Garden have I read such infantile crap on any thread before. It’s been like going back to Prep school and listening to seven and eight year olds having a go at each other in the playground during recess.

Plus minus seventy nine posts of mostly infantile jibes. “Yes you are … no I’m not! You said this … No I did not … Yes you did!”

Get a life guys puleeze!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I thought I was losing my mind, what with the disappearing threads and all. I guess I've gotten to the age when I wonder if senile dementia might be creeping in.
Odie

Post by Odie »

SnoozeAgain;1366317 wrote: I thought I was losing my mind, what with the disappearing threads and all. I guess I've gotten to the age when I wonder if senile dementia might be creeping in.

they're everywhere Snooze, you really have to look!
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “Members' News”