Wonderwendy is coming to australia

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

kayleneaussie;1375817 wrote: you enjoy your time with Wendy....I wont be able to meet up as i have some eye problems at he moment and need an operation so wont be driving for awhile:-1

Awww, I'm sorry to hear this, I do hope everything gets better for you. *insert huggy dude here, because I'm too lazy to look through all the smileys*
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

9 DAYS until I leave the USA for OZ!!!! a little excited here....just sharing!
spot

Post by spot »

You need a camera of some sort, there's still time to get one and practice.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

spot;1377725 wrote: You need a camera of some sort, there's still time to get one and practice.

Spot, I have a camera and video on my cell phone which doesn't leave my person EVER---seriously I sleep with it. I have a camera and a small camcorder (flip) and buying 2 or more disposable cameras. A friend has given me two disposable cameras with strict instructions to take lots of scenery pictures for her and bring them back to her to develop. I will be a picture taking fool!
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

but thank you..any other suggestions?? I'm open to them for traveling...I'm Nervous Nelly here!
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

You'll be touching down here next week lol lol lol .................sorry does that make you nervous?
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

fuzzywuzzy;1377840 wrote: You'll be touching down here next week lol lol lol .................sorry does that make you nervous?

EEEEEEEKKKKK...a little!!!! Arrrghhh thanks!
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Nervous and excited just sayin'
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Well Wendy is on her way . according to her facebook page . YAY!!!! Will leave here to pick her up from the airport tomoz morning. She'll be here in another 26 hours.
spot

Post by spot »

But wouldn't it be really uncanny and spooky and the like if she disappeared off the plane half way over the Pacific though. And nobody could work it out except it was another of those alien abductions.

I'm just saying.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

any other suggestions?? I'm open to them for traveling...I'm Nervous Nelly here!

I think you can go to your doctor for some sort of tranquiliser if you are a nervous flier. Someone on here might know.

It's more than a quarter of a century since I was in Aus. It is an amazing place and I'm sure you'll love it.

But it is HOT. Especially in the North. It's very obvious, but a wide brimmed hat really helps. (If you want to fit in with the locals, thread a dozen corks on 3 inches of string and hang them evenly spaced around the brim. It helps to keep the flies off. ;))
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
spot

Post by spot »

And there's a social convention that you're meant to call all the guys Bruce.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Also, swearing at people is regarded as an expression of affection, especially at a first meeting. Eg, "Gudday Bruce, ya bloody poofter" translates as "Hello dear Sir, how utterly delightful to meet you."

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

WENDY IS HERE!!!!!! And yes she's already been subjected to firstly ......swearing ...a Bruce....and our weather ...twas a gorgeous day in Melbourne for her arrival . Pics will come later .
spot

Post by spot »

We are more delighted than we can adequately express. Make sure she eats and sees at least one day of a proper cricket match.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

spot;1378592 wrote: But wouldn't it be really uncanny and spooky and the like if she disappeared off the plane half way over the Pacific though. And nobody could work it out except it was another of those alien abductions.

I'm just saying.

I just saw this....thankfully I am home safe and sound now and had a great time!
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

spot;1379008 wrote: We are more delighted than we can adequately express. Make sure she eats and sees at least one day of a proper cricket match.

We passed by a cricket match in our travels and I said "oh look there are golfers" and Megan almost wrecked the car laughing at me! I did watch some on TV but still don't understand the game. But, then again...I don't watch American sports.

I really enjoyed looking at the stars/night sky over there-was so beautiful.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

WonderWendy3;1380096 wrote: I just saw this....thankfully I am home safe and sound now and had a great time!

Photos, photos - we want photos
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

OMG!!! spot , clodhopper , Bryn..I swear I almost ran off the road when we passed marcelin college and she said "oh look golfers" ...No wendy that's called cricket....."OH I wondered why there were so many around the hole" ....Okay put yourself in my situation . I died a little bit inside lol lol lol lol lol and yes we almost ended up going off the road into a pole I was laughing so much ...and then i thought ..this is the begining lol lol

As far as photos go ask wenders ....she had so many cameras i had to hold them lol lol lol .....funny as . and lots of footage too .
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

If you're on FB they are all there .
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Sounds like you girls had a blast.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fuzzywuzzy;1380310 wrote: If you're on FB they are all there .

No, won't go near the place.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

OMG!!! spot , clodhopper , Bryn..I swear I almost ran off the road when we passed marcelin college and she said "oh look golfers" ...No wendy that's called cricket....."OH I wondered why there were so many around the hole" ....Okay put yourself in my situation . I died a little bit inside lol lol lol lol lol and yes we almost ended up going off the road into a pole I was laughing so much ...and then i thought ..this is the begining lol lol

Glad you girls had a great time. Wish I'd been there for the golfing moment. Sounds like you didn't stop laughing the whole trip!

WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Bryn Mawr;1380103 wrote: Photos, photos - we want photos

I will do my best to post some very soon! I guess I will add to my gallery vs. this thread??? not sure, haven't done in so long....I have videos and many pics on facebook if you want to become my friend there...:)
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Bryn Mawr;1380323 wrote: No, won't go near the place. Okay, I will add pics here to my gallery for you! :)

Clodhopper;1380324 wrote: Glad you girls had a great time. Wish I'd been there for the golfing moment. Sounds like you didn't stop laughing the whole trip!

We did have a great time! Megan treated me like royalty! She got me good and drunk the first night I was there....now that is hospitality at its finest!! LOL
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Okay I posted some pictures for now...it was a pain in the hind end....had to do one at a time...so will post more later...trust me there are MANY more!
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

We did have a great time! Megan treated me like royalty! She got me good and drunk the first night I was there....now that is hospitality at its finest!! LOL

Aussies are some of the finest on the planet (except, of course, in relation to cricket and rugby.;)

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

OI!!! dont be like that .... :)

hey did you see clarke walked for 300 and something not out ? well he declared anyway . highest score at the sydney cricket ground . and yes before you comment , shocked the **** out of us too . hussey and ponting both scored high . India not looking good at this piont ...have no idea why, they were doing so good ..really gave us a pounding. but ? pink day .????
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Clodhopper;1380498 wrote: Aussies are some of the finest on the planet (except, of course, in relation to cricket and rugby.;)

well I"m here arent I? kinda proves it really ..lots of stories to come.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Oh man. The Test series against the Indians last year was one of the biggest disappointments of my cricket following life! I thought the number 1 and 2 Test sides ought to have had a heck of a series. Instead they just fell apart. Must have been like watching some of the England sides that have fallen apart Down Under.

So applause for Clarke. Never thought he was as bad as some Aussies did. But I'm not sure this Indian side has much to offer in Test terms. Good at the 50 over rubbish though. Less so at the smack and giggle format. Glad to see old Ponting having some fun in his twilight years as well.

Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fuzzywuzzy;1380506 wrote: OI!!! dont be like that .... :)

hey did you see clarke walked for 300 and something not out ? well he declared anyway . highest score at the sydney cricket ground . and yes before you comment , shocked the **** out of us too . hussey and ponting both scored high . India not looking good at this piont ...have no idea why, they were doing so good ..really gave us a pounding. but ? pink day .????

Must be something to do with the Aussie hospitality the night before the test - never a good idea to try matching an Aussie drink for drink
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

WonderWendy3;1380471 wrote: Okay I posted some pictures for now...it was a pain in the hind end....had to do one at a time...so will post more later...trust me there are MANY more!

And wonderful pictures they are too - it looks like you both had a whale of a time :-6
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

well there are some stories ...wendy cracking up at my good samaritan act and then her thinking that golfers look like cricketers and some bloke who almost bit his own head off trying to talk to her, and me walking off cause I thought she'd found a new friend ...but hadn't .....oops should have stuck around me thinks . then she thought our 'walking' signs were amusing ....etc etc and then she didn't understand the australian male pissiness .....now that was funny .!!!! cause she's sittin there and I'm off outside and two men are going at it and I said .."meh don't worry about it they'll kiss and make up later " . I just shrugged. lol
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

fuzzywuzzy;1380945 wrote: well there are some stories ...wendy cracking up at my good samaritan act and then her thinking that golfers look like cricketers and some bloke who almost bit his own head off trying to talk to her, and me walking off cause I thought she'd found a new friend ...but hadn't .....oops should have stuck around me thinks . then she thought our 'walking' signs were amusing ....etc etc and then she didn't understand the australian male pissiness .....now that was funny .!!!! cause she's sittin there and I'm off outside and two men are going at it and I said .."meh don't worry about it they'll kiss and make up later " . I just shrugged. lol

Other than the guy on the tram and how I shocked you at the airport when I first arrived....I think you covered it! :)

I had a really good time, Thank you so much Megan for everything!! I am ready to come back again already---remember how you told me I would get into a "funk" about the trip....yeah that never happened....so much that I actually had a dream that I drove my car over there to get the few items I left behind (which I feel horrible about btw) and Caleb came with me....Hope the new job is going well...realize you won't read this anytime soon! :)

Return to “Members' News”