The Muppets are Communist tools used to brainwash our children

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I really hope this is a joke. I was laughing through most of it when the "expert" discussed how the Muppets are being used by the communists in Hollywood to train children to hate corporate America while clips of the movie showed scenes of puppets dancing in the street. Even The Onion couldn't have come up with something this ridiculous.

Fox Business' Follow The Money Unmasks The Muppets' Liberal Agenda: "Brainwashing" Your Kids! | Media Matters for America
spot

Post by spot »

Speaking as a practising communist, I'm surprised you find it improbable. What's so unlikely about it? Hollywood hosts communist sympathizers, did you pay no attention to Senator McCarthy? Why should you think they no longer exist?

Check the script of the Muppet Treasure Island too if you need convincing. As a parody of Corporate America, the lyrics to Professional Pirate would take some beating.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

These good Americans must really hate JR Ewing then, he was the epitome of an evil oil baron.
theia

Post by theia »

spot;1378294 wrote: Speaking as a practising communist, I'm surprised you find it improbable. What's so unlikely about it? Hollywood hosts communist sympathizers, did you pay no attention to Senator McCarthy? Why should you think they no longer exist?

Check the script of the Muppet Treasure Island too if you need convincing. As a parody of Corporate America, the lyrics to Professional Pirate would take some beating.

Apologies, Snooze...off topic...

Spot, could you explain more about being a practising communist, perhaps in another thread? I'm interested in knowing more.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

SnoozeAgain;1378296 wrote: These good Americans must really hate JR Ewing then, he was the epitome of an evil oil baron. Ahhhh JR... but I'm still trying to work out that this swelling Is.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I think those are the same guys that say Billy Graham isn't a Christian.

Ya just can't depend on anybody anymore.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Next you are going to tell me Bert and Ernie are gay.....wait no nevermind.
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

. . .

Attached files
koan

Post by koan »

Animal is too obvious. It's the Swedish chef you need to watch out for.

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Anyone miss Ted Koppel's interview with Brian Williams last night?

Ted Koppel: As U.S. Withdraws From Iraq, Questions Remain About American Presence (VIDEO)

Nine years ago, the veteran reporter was embedded with troops as the War in Iraq began. Since then, 4,500 troops have died. Some 32,000 were wounded, many gravely. And the U.S. has spent $1 trillion to fight insurgents and bring down Saddam Hussein

$1 trillion dollars...Does anyone else have trouble bringing that amount of money into perspective? All for oil...

I will say that the government's anti-communist agenda as a means to romanticize capitalism for the benefit of the wealthy that manipulate this country has more than succeeded...

And anyone willing to vote Newt Gingrich into office needs to be imprisoned

Return to “General Chit Chat”