Would You Stand on The Kjeragbolten?

A forum created specifically for polls.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I felt proper queasy just looking at the pictures, don't know where this comes from I have noticed it getting worse with age, have worked off ladders and at height when younger with no qualms, no major qualms anyway, just a healthy respect.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I am not particularly fearful of height, but:

One day, some poor fool will be the one whose weight makes that last particle of grit that keeps that rock in place shift, and the rock will slide away, and plummet to the bottom with a passenger along for the ride.

I have no intention of finding myself to be that passenger.

I'll pass.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
tabby

Post by tabby »

lol ... me too!!
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

My sense of balance is none too good and I'm not great going up ladders but as long as the ground beneath my feet is solid I'm OK.

I'd have to see it first but I'd walk over it (I think) - stepping onto it, turning round and walking back would probably be another matter.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

This proves you have to be a bit mad to do it...........right at the end of the video.

I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Bruv;1380195 wrote: This proves you have to be a bit mad to do it...........right at the end of the video.

Mad certainly - but well travelled!
Lon

Post by Lon »

Bryn Mawr;1380198 wrote: Mad certainly - but well travelled!

Not only would I stand on it, I would do a head stand & ten pushups. :wah:

At my age why not?
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Yep. Might need clean pants, though...!

Have done Crib Goch:

Just got an interesting copyright message on the screen (I don't know if anyone else can see it or not) which as far as I can see is saying it's fine to use this image as long as I credit David Johnston, who took the photo.

Great photo Dave!

The summit of Snowdon is the point ahead. The drop on your right is at times more than vertical, and on your left steep enough there's no way you'd stop for 1000 feet or so if you fell. One heck of a rush for little old me. From a technical point of view it's easy enough for people with only a little hill experience, so in summer it is often so busy there's a queue to get on!

(I don't want to be in trouble or get anyone else in trouble, so please mods remove the photo if it's worrying)
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Clodhopper;1380213 wrote: Yep. Might need clean pants, though...!

Have done Crib Goch:

Just got an interesting copyright message on the screen (I don't know if anyone else can see it or not) which as far as I can see is saying it's fine to use this image as long as I credit David Johnston, who took the photo.

Great photo Dave!

The summit of Snowdon is the point ahead. The drop on your right is at times more than vertical, and on your left steep enough there's no way you'd stop for 1000 feet or so if you fell. One heck of a rush for little old me. From a technical point of view it's easy enough for people with only a little hill experience, so in summer it is often so busy there's a queue to get on!

(I don't want to be in trouble or get anyone else in trouble, so please mods remove the photo if it's worrying)

I'm happy - as far as I can see a CC-BY licence (which this appears to be) allows the work to be freely reproduced as long as it is attributed to the original creator (which it is).
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

I don't know about being as nimble as a mountain goat anymore but I would stand on it and I aint real great at heights but I'm a bear at dares.
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

I could do it....if it meant life or death ~ but I would crawl along that piece of rock!

Great poll Tabby!

And thank you Bryn for posting it.

always,

Lady J

Return to “Polls, Polls, and more Polls”