Nudity and self portraits

A forum created specifically for polls.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

A brief synopsis: I've posted a nude photo of myself here (with areas blocked out for obvious reasons) in a thread discussing weight and no one had a seizure looking at it, that I know of anyway.

At another, much different forum where 'adult' discussions are the norm, I was constantly being accused of being morbidly obese and smelling of cat piss and dared to post a photo proving them wrong. Well, since I obviously don't have a problem with nudity, I posted the same photo and the forum is STILL freaking out about it.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Damn, I wrote 'tacking' instead of tacky. You know what I mean.
spot

Post by spot »

I think you should expand on "for obvious reasons" since there are several alternatives and I suspect you only have one of them in mind.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Gawd, I misspelled nudity in the title too! I swear I'm not drinking, it's only 6:30 AM.

For obvious reasons, ie nips and pubes.
spot

Post by spot »

You feel the full monty be offensive to others? I can't imagine why you would. Or is it that you prefer not to release a photo that graphic? I'm quite sure the site management would have no ethical problem.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

It's because I was using photobucket and they have certain views on full nudity. That isn't the issue, I was told repeatedly that my photo was offensive because I'm not young, slender and muscular and that posting it was proof that I'm mentally ill. Apparently nudity is only suitable if you're under the age of 25 and your resume includes 'swimsuit model'.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Could I impose upon you to fix my title? Nudity doesn't bother me but typos prey on my mind.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Like this:

spot

Post by spot »

If I could tone my stomach to those proportions I'd discover what smug really means.

You may perhaps move in more Puritan circles. For my part the drawn markings are a distraction from the message.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

As Eric Morcombe might have said "That's a fine young man"
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Post by spot »

Bruv;1385109 wrote: As Eric Morcombe might have said "That's a fine young man"

Along with "Nice out, isn't it".
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

SnoozeAgain;1385085 wrote: Like this:

This Rembrandt brought $200K recently

Maybe they'd prefer this Brazio:

spot

Post by spot »

Accountable;1385120 wrote: Maybe they'd prefer this BrazioStartling, considering how long ago it was painted. His thing in the National Gallery always stops me in my tracks too.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I'd rather be compared to a Botticelli. :thinking:

Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I'd say you'd make a good nude model. It appears you work at least a bit at remaining tone.

I find myself wondering whether or not JJ could make it through this thread before climaxing.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

I salute anybody who dares to have a nude portrait made.

it shows you're comfy with your own body. Ignore those who say you're to old or to curvy. they're just to scared to have their own portrait taken!!
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

The artists' portrayal above of breasts is interesting, it appears as though they used coffee cups to outline them.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I find myself spending far too long in this thread with nothing to say............
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Post by spot »

Ahso!;1385127 wrote: it appears as though they used coffee cups to outline them.
That's how I do mine too.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

It looks to me like both artists put the breasts of young girls on the bodies of older women. Who knows, perhaps that's what made them sell. I think it's telling.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Nothing wrong with that body at all. Matter of fact, I've now added it to my collection of photos I share with guys who ask for naked photos of me.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

koan

Post by koan »

It's a rather important topic, the slut-shaming behaviour of women towards each other. I'm constantly amazed by how many average looking women I've had ask me "Isn't she ugly?" when pointing at a picture of a model in a magazine. No, dear. She wouldn't have that career is she was ugly.

Jezebel had one of the better articles I found on a search for "women judge each other" though its really just a starting point for reading the work of the people she mentions. The common theory right now is:

Baumeister and Twenge [2002] hypothesized that women ‘‘stifle each other's sexuality'' as a way of maintaining advantage in the negotiation of resources. Females who make sex readily available compromise the power holding position of the group. It is therefore in the best interest of the group to punish those who violate this unspoken rule/convention.

link

The blog actually points out; bitches aren't jealous, they're threatened.
spot

Post by spot »

I bet dwarfs are just as bad.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Peter Dinklage is a very attractive man.

spot

Post by spot »

If I dyed my hair and changed my tie that could be a photo of me, it's uncannily like.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

remember what happened when I was going to post a self portrait of myself ??? I thought the world was going to end . And told in messages by the 'good people' that it wasn't appropriate on a "family" forum. Christ it wasn't even one tit!!!!! .....well there you go eh?
koan

Post by koan »

go ahead and post it, fuzz.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

hmmm. i never even showed wendy the back of the garage when she was here. Spose i could retreive it from the cobwebs.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Slut

Only joking.... good for you... well done.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Fuzzy, I'm well acquainted with the 'good' people of this forum, Clancy and I call them the luvvies. Lots of garden analogies comparing us all to flowers, except us bad people that are weeds and they wax poetic about how wonderful life is in the garden until someone posts a naughty limerick and they'll descend like harpies to express their displeasure and disgust. Apparently they think we should all act like 80 year old parishioners discussing tea sets and silverware.

Fortunately there aren't many left here to clutch their pearls and gasp in horror at this thread.
Oscar Namechange

koan;1385295 wrote: go ahead and post it, fuzz.

You think she should post her fuzz?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

SnoozeAgain;1385166 wrote: Peter Dinklage is a very attractive man.

Oh no, that's horrible.... not my type at all.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

He's the best looking *real* dwarf I've ever seen.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Finally, a thread I can sink my teeth into. Oh, I have always liked star shaped nipples on my women.

spot

Post by spot »

YZGI;1385317 wrote: Oh, I have always liked star shaped nipples on my women.The less naive among us recognized the Occult Paired Pentagrams of the WitchMistress and warded the bounds of our display panels accordingly.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

spot;1385325 wrote: The less naive among us recognized the Occult Paired Pentagrams of the WitchMistress and warded the bounds of our display panels accordingly.

Damn, I never thought of that. I'm doomed..
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

We're told it also requires the use of an acid rinse to some degree.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “Polls, Polls, and more Polls”