Diabetes prevention

K.Snyder

Diabetes prevention

Post by K.Snyder »

rajakrsna;1392391 wrote: These seaweeds we boil it then put some tomatoes, preserved grounded shrimps & vinegar. Then we eat them. It`s rich in iodine which is the cure for Goiter or Grave`s disease.Wouldn't boiling them kill most of the nutrients and is there a distinction between radioactive iodine isotopes 125 and 131 compared to the context in which we're using "iodine" simply found in seaweed?
rajakrsna

Diabetes prevention

Post by rajakrsna »

K.Snyder;1392440 wrote: Wouldn't boiling them kill most of the nutrients and is there a distinction between radioactive iodine isotopes 125 and 131 compared to the context in which we're using "iodine" simply found in seaweed?

You could try perhaps our mud crabs weighing 1-2 kilos or our prawns ( large shrimps ). These are other sources of iodine.

The iodine found I guess in seaweeds is the stable iodine not the radioactive ones. The radioactive ones you are implying are used in the treatment of thyroid cancer or detect the presence of thyroid cancer.
Om namo bagavate vasudevaya, " God is the Cause of All causes."
K.Snyder

Diabetes prevention

Post by K.Snyder »

I'd watched a documentary last night on diabetes in America. It suggested that the large majority of diabetes is found in the low income populations which shows a high degree of irony in my opinion. The irony being that diabetes is almost entirely avoidable(at least diabetes in the context of life and limb being threatened) yet the low income populations being forced to buy the most unhealthy foods that are available for sale to the public. It says quite simply that America's standards for nutrition are expendable compared to the short minded philosophies that have gone on to plague this country not just figuratively but literally as well. Sad, very sad.

It's no surprise to me that the most overweight states in the US are Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama. Tonight, HBO begins airing "The Weight of the Nation," a four-part documentary about America's obesity epidemic. It's a gripping look at the increased risk of diabetes and other health problems millions of people face as a result of being overweight. It also chronicles the cost of the problem, which are expected to exceed $300 billion by 2018. Table Talk: HBO's 'Weight of the Nation,' an in-depth look at the obesity crisis, begins tonight | OregonLive.com
stacyjmes1

Diabetes prevention

Post by stacyjmes1 »

When eating out, choose steamed veggies or broiled entrees instead of fried foods and cream sauces. This will help you to reduce the risk of diabetes.

Return to “Diabetes”