Facebook

Oscar Namechange

Facebook

Post by Oscar Namechange »

spot;1401504 wrote: Facebook keeps making the most socially inept suggestions of people I might like to try befriending. My word yes. Were Facebook human I'd take it aside for a quiet word.

I have absolutely no idea whether I've adjusted its settings in a satisfactory fashion, I can see no way of moving component parts or adding third party assemblies. I am, should anyone want to criticize, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004214318898

Funny... I've been on facebook today and all the while, I had " Spot from Forumgarden needs friends, can you suggest friends for him"?

My husband happened to be strolling past and I said " Look, Spot's added a profile pic". He peered over my shoulder and said " Miserable **** " and carried on passing.

I can only apologise for my husbands rudeness but If I have to see these alerts every time I use Facebook, could you change It to a pic where you've cracked a smile?

LOL PMSL Smiley Face Kiss Kiss as they say In Facebook speak.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

Facebook

Post by spot »

flopstock;1401505 wrote: please warn me when you take up farmville, 'kay?

I doubt whether my wrist can take that much action.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Facebook

Post by spot »

oscar;1401507 wrote: could you change It to a pic where you've cracked a smile?
It's called a supercilious sneer, I learned it from photos of Jackie Fisher decades ago and it's become a permanent feature. Besides, taking that one may have flattened my camera battery.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snooz

Facebook

Post by Snooz »

I call mine a bitch face. I've earned it.
YZGI

Facebook

Post by YZGI »

Wow, Spot on Facebook? I never thought I'd see the day. Just noticed Galbally is his friend. Haven't heard from him for a while.

Spot, You should friend Lon, then you guys could play Cafe World together.
spot

Facebook

Post by spot »

YZGI;1401524 wrote: Wow, Spot on Facebook? I never thought I'd see the day.I only joined to play scrabble! It's getting a bit out of hand, that's what I reckon. We're playing a decider fifth game having drawn so far.
Snowfire

Facebook

Post by Snowfire »

SnoozeAgain;1401523 wrote: I call mine a bitch face. I've earned it.

Arse face, I seem to remember
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
spot

Facebook

Post by spot »

SnoozeAgain;1401523 wrote: I call mine a bitch face. I've earned it.

What puzzles me is the way you always plat bits of straw in your hair before you take the photo, I never worked out what that was for.
spot

Facebook

Post by spot »

Facebook seems determined to cause me grief - it's asked me in the last hour whether I'd like to befriend The Stig, whether I'd like to support Armed Services Day and forwarded messages from The Rolling Stones who apparently have A Surprise In Store. "Store" may be a code-word for shopping, but I may be mistaken.
YZGI

Facebook

Post by YZGI »

spot;1401536 wrote: Facebook seems determined to cause me grief - it's asked me in the last hour whether I'd like to befriend The Stig, whether I'd like to support Armed Services Day and forwarded messages from The Rolling Stones who apparently have A Surprise In Store. "Store" may be a code-word for shopping, but I may be mistaken.

I never get any of that kind of stuff. Must be a settings thing?
spot

Facebook

Post by spot »

YZGI;1401539 wrote: I never get any of that kind of stuff. Must be a settings thing?

You're asking the wrong chap, mate. I'm just steering this thing, I've no idea what the other pedals are for.

I've just disliked The Rolling Stones, a new-age perfume shop in Ohio and Shakira.
YZGI

Facebook

Post by YZGI »

spot;1401543 wrote: You're asking the wrong chap, mate. I'm just steering this thing, I've no idea what the other pedals are for.

I've just disliked The Rolling Stones, a new-age perfume shop in Ohio and Shakira.

Dislike? It asks you to like or dislike things? Hmm . No idea. I wouldn't pay attention to them.
spot

Facebook

Post by spot »

YZGI;1401544 wrote: Dislike? It asks you to like or dislike things? Hmm . No idea. I wouldn't pay attention to them.

It's rather difficult to pay no attention to Shakira, she looks exactly like my cleaning lady.
Snowfire

Facebook

Post by Snowfire »

spot;1401545 wrote: It's rather difficult to pay no attention to Shakira, she looks exactly like my cleaning lady.

I'd like to come and stay at your house. I'd like to meet your housekeeper for a quick wipe down and polish
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Facebook

spot;1401545 wrote: It's rather difficult to pay no attention to Shakira, she looks exactly like my cleaning lady. I thought you looked mean and moody In your profile pic. So It's confirmed then ? You were born In 1923
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

Facebook

Post by spot »

Snowfire;1401547 wrote: I'd like to come and stay at your house. I'd like to meet your housekeeper for a quick wipe down and polish

She's sweet, bless her, and no bother at all really. Though with all this hot weather she does tend to turn up in shockingly skimpy housecoats.
spot

Facebook

Post by spot »

oscar;1401548 wrote: I thought you looked mean and moody In your profile pic. So It's confirmed then ? You were born In 1923

I've taken to changing the subject when my age is brought up. The sole evidence you can advance is my appearance which is in fact an unfortunate consequence of seeing something nasty in the woodshed many years ago.
LarsMac

Facebook

Post by LarsMac »

I just sent a friend req.

Y'll seem far more interesting that most of my family.

And, you might want to explore the settings and privacy adjustments.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
theia

Facebook

Post by theia »

spot;1401526 wrote: I only joined to play scrabble! It's getting a bit out of hand, that's what I reckon. We're playing a decider fifth game having drawn so far.

Bah!
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Snooz

Facebook

Post by Snooz »

oscar;1401548 wrote: I thought you looked mean and moody In your profile pic. So It's confirmed then ? You were born In 1923

I didn't notice that so much as his large nostrils.
Oscar Namechange

Facebook

SnoozeAgain;1401558 wrote: I didn't notice that so much as his large nostrils. He needs them for all that snorting with disgust.
Snooz

Facebook

Post by Snooz »

oscar;1401559 wrote: He needs them for all that snorting with disgust.

He could blow someone off their feet with those things.
Oscar Namechange

Facebook

SnoozeAgain;1401561 wrote: He could blow someone off their feet with those things. And provide shelter for passing Field Mice.
Snooz

Facebook

Post by Snooz »

I should probably add that spot's photo is taken angled up, with him looking down at the camera with a clear view up his nose. He's practically inviting comments like this.
spot

Facebook

Post by spot »

SnoozeAgain;1401561 wrote: He could blow someone off their feet with those things.

They are said to flare like oil rigs on certain occasions the nature of which I shall not type on an open board.
Oscar Namechange

Facebook

SnoozeAgain;1401567 wrote: I should probably add that spot's photo is taken angled up, with him looking down at the camera with a clear view up his nose. He's practically inviting comments like this. It's all that looking down with haughty disdain.
spot

Facebook

Post by spot »

SnoozeAgain;1401567 wrote: I should probably add that spot's photo is taken angled up, with him looking down at the camera
That's what happens when one holds a camera at arms length and squinnies down the barrel of its lens while pressing all its buttons!
spot

Facebook

Post by spot »

At least I combed my hair first, it's more than some people managed.
spot

Facebook

Post by spot »

Life's just odd. I get QUIN thrown at me, I haven't a clue what quin means but it's obviously legal. Later those letters score again as QUINT, again I haven't a clue what quint means but it's obviously just as legal.

I see that there's room, I have the missing bits so QUINTAIN seems about right and the program agrees to take it on account of quintain being practically part of Basic English In 1000 Words as taught to four year olds.

On the contrary, posting quintain is right up there on a par with demanding an immediate withdrawal of troops from Poland. Echoes of the explosion still reverberate. Scrabble is harder than it looks.
Betty Boop

Facebook

Post by Betty Boop »

spot;1401795 wrote: Life's just odd. I get QUIN thrown at me, I haven't a clue what quin means but it's obviously legal. Later those letters score again as QUINT, again I haven't a clue what quint means but it's obviously just as legal.

I see that there's room, I have the missing bits so QUINTAIN seems about right and the program agrees to take it on account of quintain being practically part of Basic English In 1000 Words as taught to four year olds.

On the contrary, posting quintain is right up there on a par with demanding an immediate withdraw troops from Poland. Echoes of the explosion still reverberate. Scrabble is harder than it looks.

Some people have other burning issues this evening and last night when you pulled into the lead with a huge margin yet again, I admit I was tired and teasy and walked out of the game.
spot

Facebook

Post by spot »

I'm not sure "yet again" describes a first game!
Betty Boop

Facebook

Post by Betty Boop »

spot;1401803 wrote: I'm not sure "yet again" describes a first game!

I'd caught up with you within 30 points of your score lol you'd been way out in the lead the whole game, so yet again you pulled out into a massive lead.

You do know it's not cool to be such a clever dick.
spot

Facebook

Post by spot »

Betty Boop;1401804 wrote: You do know it's not cool to be such a clever dick.
Bah. It's the only thing I'm good at.
spot

Facebook

Post by spot »

I'd not even have played it except it reached a Double Word square.
AnneBoleyn

Facebook

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I went over to Facebook, I looked under spot at forumgarden & spot & I could not find you.
spot

Facebook

Post by spot »

AnneBoleyn;1401812 wrote: I went over to Facebook, I looked under spot at forumgarden & spot & I could not find you.

If you go to [profile reference removed - see below] you'll see what you're aiming for. I can't search for myself - once you see that page, and you're logged in as you, what would you search for? I've no experience of Facebook at all before this week.
YZGI

Facebook

Post by YZGI »

AnneBoleyn;1401812 wrote: I went over to Facebook, I looked under spot at forumgarden & spot & I could not find you.

He came up for me on a search.
AnneBoleyn

Facebook

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Well, thanks spot, I found you. My my you remind me of someone. I'll probably spend all day trying to think of who. I say you're cute, btw.
flopstock

Facebook

Post by flopstock »

AnneBoleyn;1401826 wrote: Well, thanks spot, I found you. My my you remind me of someone. I'll probably spend all day trying to think of who. I say you're cute, btw.

the guy from 'network'?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

spot

Facebook

Post by spot »

flopstock;1401827 wrote: the guy from 'network'?

Archie Rice, I bet.
spot

Facebook

Post by spot »

AnneBoleyn;1401826 wrote: Well, thanks spot, I found you.It may be if I add Spot.At.Forumgarden as my username searching for me will be easier, so I've done that. I'm guessing. It makes more sense than the numeric profile reference I offered yesterday.
AnneBoleyn

Facebook

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Is that a picture of an actor? No wonder he looked like "someone else". Oh whatever. I like Accountable's "picture" too, although I'm aware it's Marty Feldman. R.I.P. he was a treasure.
spot

Facebook

Post by spot »

AnneBoleyn;1401831 wrote: Marty Feldman. R.I.P. he was a treasure.The picture of me is me, Archie Rice was played by Laurence Olivier and had shockingly similar mannerisms and the same trick with his eyebrows. I'd have much preferred a meal out with Mr Feldman's sister, if I had a choice.
AnneBoleyn

Facebook

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Hmmmmmmmmm.
Snooz

Facebook

Post by Snooz »

Is this the actor you're thinking of?

spot

Facebook

Post by spot »

SnoozeAgain;1401840 wrote: Is this the actor you're thinking of?

That's Percy Alleline. He's far too young to play me.
Snooz

Facebook

Post by Snooz »

Unless Toby Jones played Percy Alleline, then no.
spot

Facebook

Post by spot »

SnoozeAgain;1401848 wrote: Unless Toby Jones played Percy Alleline, then no.

He did last time I checked...

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Snooz

Facebook

Post by Snooz »

Well that still is from another movie; that's Thomas Henry Huxley and he's probably the right age.
spot

Facebook

Post by spot »

SnoozeAgain;1401856 wrote: Well that still is from another movie; that's Thomas Henry Huxley and he's probably the right age.

No, it's Toby Jones and I could be the sod's grandfather.

This is Thomas Henry Huxley and there's no way I could have been his, I was out of the country at the time.

Return to “Computers Internet”