National Geographic Photo Contest 2012

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
tabby

Post by tabby »

These are some great photos! So much depends not just on skill but on timing, on being in the right place at the right time.

National Geographic Photo Contest 2012 - The Big Picture - Boston.com
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

YES!! Saw this on my subscription site!

But sooo many of the photos have been modified...like Nature's Art and I don't have the skills or software for that.

don't get me wrong they are great shots and it is about being in the right place at the right time or placing yourself there when you know there will be a shot (Hard to explain) but only enhanced by color correction, editing and cropping.

I am also looking at another contest where you can only submit your untouched, original photos.

but all said and done I think photography is the key to capturing a moment that will never exist again. Lovely!
tabby

Post by tabby »

I know what you mean about the modified photos. Maybe there should be a separation of categories into enhanced and non-enhanced photos during the submission & voting processes.

Good luck with your contests! :yh_shamrk

Return to “Photography More”