Snow warning

A place to discuss all of your outdoor activities. Hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, and whatever else you do out in the great wilds.
Oscar Namechange

Snow warning

Post by Oscar Namechange »

This Is the forecast for Friday...

I'm In that dark blue area where It'll be It's worst...

I'm due for 7 Inches..... but that's enough about my sex life for now...

Click on pic to enlarge

Attached files
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
tabby

Snow warning

Post by tabby »

No No No!!!!!! It's not fair!!!!!

I'm the one who's been begging for snow!! Why do some people have all the luck?!

Snooz

Snow warning

Post by Snooz »

The Isle of Man doesn't usually get much snow, does it?
Bryn Mawr

Snow warning

Post by Bryn Mawr »

tabby;1416961 wrote: No No No!!!!!! It's not fair!!!!!

I'm the one who's been begging for snow!! Why do some people have all the luck?!

They keep promising it here but, so far, less than a quarter of an inch.
Bruv

Snow warning

Post by Bruv »

Bryn Mawr;1416971 wrote: They keep promising it here but, so far, less than a quarter of an inch.
Who said that Oscar ?

But seriously........they told us we would get it bad from Monday, rained most of the day here.

The days are lengthening, I sense spring around the corner, and now they say it's coming again..........I will believe it when I see it.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
gmc

Snow warning

Post by gmc »

Let's hope it doesn't snow in london or the news will full of stories about brave people in the city being stranded overnight in their offices or struggling in to work on icy paths.
Oscar Namechange

Snow warning

Now police are threatening to arrest you If you throw a snowball.... good !!!

Police threaten to arrest people throwing snowballs - Telegraph
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
YZGI

Snow warning

Post by YZGI »

Around here sometimes, I think they blow these things up to help sell bread, milk, ice melt, snow shovels etc. etc.
Bryn Mawr

Snow warning

Post by Bryn Mawr »

YZGI;1417029 wrote: Around here sometimes, I think they blow these things up to help sell bread, milk, ice melt, snow shovels etc. etc.

They do here too but the other reason they big it up dates back to the big blow when the national weather forecast poo-poo'd the idea of strong winds the day we were hit by the tail end of hurricane Charlie.
YZGI

Snow warning

Post by YZGI »

Bryn Mawr;1417034 wrote: They do here too but the other reason they big it up dates back to the big blow when the national weather forecast poo-poo'd the idea of strong winds the day we were hit by the tail end of hurricane Charlie.

I call then grocery store storms. I do understand the need to warn of possible damaging storms though.
Betty Boop

Snow warning

Post by Betty Boop »

It's wild, wet and windy here tonight, no madness in the supermarket though, just come from there before picking up my lad from youth club. Seems none of Cornwall are worried about stockpiling food.
Snowfire

Snow warning

Post by Snowfire »

gmc;1417017 wrote: Let's hope it doesn't snow in london or the news will full of stories about brave people in the city being stranded overnight in their offices or struggling in to work on icy paths.

Put some more peat on the fire and stop mithering
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
gmc

Snow warning

Post by gmc »

Snowfire;1417044 wrote: Put some more peat on the fire and stop mithering

I'll have you know my house is heated by north Sea Gas. Or it was, in the eighties when maggie was shutting down pits people were warning that the gas was not infinite and that we would end up dependent on foreign gas when we could be developing clean coal burning technologies that could sell all around the world (we import coal for the remaining coal fired stations). We are now in that future bet you're glad thatcher privatised an industry so the french could buy it up. Well maybe not you personally but hopefully yo get my drift.
Oscar Namechange

Snow warning

Quite heavy fall here In South Gloucestershire over night and It's still snowing....All the schools have been shut.
AnneBoleyn

Snow warning

Post by AnneBoleyn »

tabby;1416961 wrote: No No No!!!!!! It's not fair!!!!!

I'm with you tabby, this is the second year in a row that we've had no snow! I hate it & I am very jealous!
Bruv

Snow warning

Post by Bruv »

The rest of the country has ground to a halt, but here in my corner of Kent (The Garden of England)........................just an apology of a dusting....thank goodness.
chonsigirl

Snow warning

Post by chonsigirl »

A dusting is great, don't need more snow than that.
Betty Boop

Snow warning

Post by Betty Boop »

Bruv;1417181 wrote: The rest of the country has ground to a halt, but here in my corner of Kent (The Garden of England)........................just an apology of a dusting....thank goodness.

The roads were bad here yesterday, not snow, flooding, again.

Stopped raining for now and it's bitterly cold out there for Cornwall.
Bryn Mawr

Snow warning

Post by Bryn Mawr »

We had about four inches here during yesterday which is more than we've had in the past thirty years but today's clear and it's slowly melting.
Bruv

Snow warning

Post by Bruv »

Bruv;1417181 wrote: The rest of the country has ground to a halt, but here in my corner of Kent (The Garden of England)........................just an apology of a dusting....thank goodness.
I should learn to keep my big mouth shut (Don't ALL agree please)

It happened overnight , the dusting is now a liberal coating, a couple of inches thick and it is still half heartedly falling.
Oscar Namechange

Snow warning

Still deep and crisp and even here with more flurry's.

And one poorly little dog who on seeing snow for the first time thought It sensible to eat It.
Betty Boop

Snow warning

Post by Betty Boop »

Bugger, it's been snowing here but not settled. Seems there could be a chance of more between 3am and 9am, fingers crossed not, we'll just end up stuck up the damn hill!
chonsigirl

Snow warning

Post by chonsigirl »

How is the snow today?
Betty Boop

Snow warning

Post by Betty Boop »

We had a light coating at the top of the hill but down below was clear. Could see the snow laying thicker across the bay, all gone now with more threatened over night or possibly tomorrow. I'm debating on whether to take the car down the hill and leave it there, trouble is there will be precious little free parking as most people up here do that too :wah:
Bryn Mawr

Snow warning

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Leicester had another two inches today but what there was in London has melted.
Oscar Namechange

Snow warning

More snow....and more forecasted for Friday....

The outskirts of Bath are a nightmare and two days ago the morning school run took 3 hours.....
Bruv

Snow warning

Post by Bruv »

Forecasted ? Is that a real word ?

All our snow is gone except for an odd stubborn bit here and there and the news is it will be getting warmer toward the end of the week.
Betty Boop

Snow warning

Post by Betty Boop »

We haven't had any more, thank god. It's definitely warming up down here too :-6

Return to “The Outdoors”