Happy Fourth of July !

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
tabby

Happy Fourth of July !

Post by tabby »

Wishing all of our American members a happy & enjoyable Fourth of July holiday! No special plans on this end, just hopefully a relaxing & quiet day with a cook-out in the afternoon at some point.

I did buy a teeny tiny little American flag on a stick this afternoon as an impulse buy at the cash register checkout. You know the kind ... the ones like you would wave from the sidelines at a parade as it went by. We don't often have parades go by in rural Virginia but in the unlikely event one were to happen by, I'll be ready! :yh_flag

Enjoy your holiday!

tude dog

Happy Fourth of July !

Post by tude dog »

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
along-for-the-ride

Happy Fourth of July !

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Hubby and I will have to work. We will get holiday pay plus hours worked, so it's not so bad.

I do hope everyone has a happy and safe July 4th. :)

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
tabby

Happy Fourth of July !

Post by tabby »

What a great photo, Tude Dog ... I love it! Beautiful flag and it looks great on the porch!

AFTR, at least you'll get extra pay for the holiday and if you didn't have any plans then it's not so bad to go in to work. I just assumed most businesses closed for the holiday. I bet it'll be a quiet day for you!
tude dog

Happy Fourth of July !

Post by tude dog »

tabby;1430999 wrote: What a great photo, Tude Dog ... I love it! Beautiful flag and it looks great on the porch!

Thank you.

I hope our English friends notice my T-shirt, given to me by a friend who lives in London, and is a big fan of the British National Party.

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
LarsMac

Happy Fourth of July !

Post by LarsMac »

We'll be watching the Portland, Maine festivities this year, from a friend's boat in Casco Bay.

Should be fun.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Kathy Ellen

Happy Fourth of July !

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Thank you Tabby...Happy 4th of July to you and everyone.

I won't be doing anything for a bit now. I've been celebrating for the last 10 days with all of my company who stayed with me. Had a good time, but am exhausted now.
Bryn Mawr

Happy Fourth of July !

Post by Bryn Mawr »

My co-workers declared today our very own "Independence Day" after one of our senior managers was shown the door.

His management style starts with intimidation and descends from there - he will not be missed.

So joy of joy and happy celebrations to all those over the pond :-6
tabby

Happy Fourth of July !

Post by tabby »

LarsMac;1431003 wrote: We'll be watching the Portland, Maine festivities this year, from a friend's boat in Casco Bay.

Should be fun.

It's been fun seeing you pop up to say where you are ... will you have lobster while in Maine?
tabby

Happy Fourth of July !

Post by tabby »

Kathy Ellen;1431005 wrote: Thank you Tabby...Happy 4th of July to you and everyone.

I won't be doing anything for a bit now. I've been celebrating for the last 10 days with all of my company who stayed with me. Had a good time, but am exhausted now.

Are you officially retired now, Kathy Ellen?

tabby

Happy Fourth of July !

Post by tabby »

Bryn Mawr;1431012 wrote: My co-workers declared today our very own "Independence Day" after one of our senior managers was shown the door.

His management style starts with intimidation and descends from there - he will not be missed.

So joy of joy and happy celebrations to all those over the pond :-6

lol ... that's definitely worthy of a celebration ... congratulations on the turn of events! Isn't it amazing how one personnel change can dramatically affect a work environment?
tabby

Happy Fourth of July !

Post by tabby »

Tude Dog's photo made me wonder if I had any that would fit the topic and this is the only one I could think of to post for July 4th.

My grandmother is on the far right with the fife, her best friend Mae Grubbs is on the far left with the drum and the girl in the middle holding the flag is noted as M.D. . The photo was taken in 1926 when my grandmother was attending St. Mildred's Academy in Laurel, Maryland. She noted on the back that she was 15 years & 6 months old. The girls were doing their own patriotic version of the famous "Spirit of 76" painting depicting the American soldiers of the revolution.

LarsMac

Happy Fourth of July !

Post by LarsMac »

tabby;1431015 wrote: It's been fun seeing you pop up to say where you are ... will you have lobster while in Maine?

Of COURSE!!!

Yesterday we had Lobstah Rolls at at Red's, in Wiscasset

Tomorrow, it's Lobster dinner. You can get Lobster here for around 4.50-5.00 a pound. and they'll steam them on the spot, free of charge.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bryn Mawr

Happy Fourth of July !

Post by Bryn Mawr »

tabby;1431022 wrote: lol ... that's definitely worthy of a celebration ... congratulations on the turn of events! Isn't it amazing how one personnel change can dramatically affect a work environment?

We certainly hope so :-)
Kathy Ellen

Happy Fourth of July !

Post by Kathy Ellen »

tabby;1431029 wrote:

My grandmother is on the far right with the fife, her best friend Mae Grubbs is on the far left with the drum and the girl in the middle holding the flag is noted as M.D. . The photo was taken in 1926 when my grandmother was attending St. Mildred's Academy in Laurel, Maryland. She noted on the back that she was 15 years & 6 months old. The girls were doing their own patriotic version of the famous "Spirit of 76" painting depicting the American soldiers of the revolution.

Ahhh Tabby, what a treasure the picture is...Absolutely beautiful!!!!!

Return to “Holidays”