Ashes Mayhem

Discuss all types of sports.
Bryn Mawr

Ashes Mayhem

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I've never seen anything like it, after fourteen wickets fell yesterday in the cloudy conditions, today was meant to be a batsman's paradise in the sun.

Sure enough, for the first half hour runs came apleanty - and then chaos struck and the Aussies have lost five wickets in the second half hour.

They're down to their last man now and England's low score of yesterday is not looking more than respectable. Anderson and Swann are destroying them!
Bryn Mawr

Ashes Mayhem

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Mayhem continues as their debutant last man starts knocking the English bowlers all round the ground.

He's just past his half century and the Aussies are approaching England's score.
Bryn Mawr

Ashes Mayhem

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I'm so disappointed.

The 19 year old Ashton Agar, playing last man in his first test match, holed out on ninety eight having given the Aussies a decent lead of sixty five.

Such a shame that he didn't make his ton - just the record for the highest ever score by a number eleven.
Oscar Namechange

Ashes Mayhem

Post by Oscar Namechange »

You sound just like my Father. :-6
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
LarsMac

Ashes Mayhem

Post by LarsMac »

That whole rant made absolutely no sense whatsoever to me.

I remember sitting at a pub in Basingstoke on by first visit to England, watching a Cricket match once, and a couple of guys from IBM tried to explain the game to me, but I fear the Bodington's had got to my head, already, and I retained very little of what they told me.

There is a group of engineers from India that live around here who meet in a local park from time to time and play the game. Perhaps I will take some time to go watch and get them to explain it to me, again.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bryn Mawr

Ashes Mayhem

Post by Bryn Mawr »

LarsMac;1431571 wrote: That whole rant made absolutely no sense whatsoever to me.

I remember sitting at a pub in Basingstoke on by first visit to England, watching a Cricket match once, and a couple of guys from IBM tried to explain the game to me, but I fear the Bodington's had got to my head, already, and I retained very little of what they told me.

There is a group of engineers from India that live around here who meet in a local park from time to time and play the game. Perhaps I will take some time to go watch and get them to explain it to me, again.

You said all that needed to be said - a couple of guys from IBM - confusion reigns!

Return to “Wide World of Sports”