Let the looting begin

AnneBoleyn

Let the looting begin

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Patsy said: "Anne

I haven't stated any position - I haven't disagreed with you - I just stated what I have heard as the trial proceeds."

Patsy! I want to make sure you know----Please Always feel free to disagree with me! (if that's what you ever want!) No thin skin on me & friendship is more important to me than my dumb opinions! :-)
Accountable

Let the looting begin

Post by Accountable »

tude dog;1431524 wrote: Did Mr.Zimmerman legally defend himself according to Florida State law or not?
If I'm on trial for murder, my defense might be "Yes I killed him but it wasn't murder."

If I'm on trial for manslaughter, that would be a phenomenally stupid defense.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, so I'm dropping out.
tude dog

Let the looting begin

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1431533 wrote: And that's why I say George Zimmerman is a Pussy with a Gun. By the next day, the swelling in his nose was already down. The back of his head merely sustained scratches, & required only band-aids.

All that is irrelevant. All that matters is at the time, did George have reasonable fear of death or serious bodily injury. I submit, all things considered, he most certainly did.

AnneBoleyn;1431533 wrote: For a year & a half, GZ attended, 3X a week, Martial Arts lessons.

‘JUST PHYSICALLY SOFT’: Zimmerman’s MMA instructor says he was a lousy fighter

Pollack also said that Zimmerman began boxing training but that he never progressed past shadow boxing.

He's lucky. I had to get hit before I realized boxing wasn't for me.

AnneBoleyn;1431533 wrote: I've seen girls slap each other around with more injuries.

Was one named Mindy? I swear. That gal was so though. I was almost ready to hand in my man card.

AnneBoleyn;1431533 wrote: Never saw a bar fight? Or a pub fight?

Yea. Another reason to not frequent stupid places where stupid (drunk) people do stupid things. Like shoot eachother.

AnneBoleyn;1431533 wrote: I did, but never one which ended with someone getting shot.

Meaning what?

AnneBoleyn;1431533 wrote: He's a Pussy with a Gun. A crybaby & he gets away with murder. It's a shame to call him a Man.

Include me on that. Difference between me and George, is that thug would never have got close enough to sucker punch me.

I think like, hmm, say, about 14 years old when I realized there is nothing manly about standing toe to toe to settle an argument/disagreement.

AnneBoleyn;1431533 wrote: Did you know GZ has a record? Assaulting a cop in a bar? A restraining order against him from a woman?

So I have heard something along those lines. So now we bring up Trayvons record?

All of that has zero bearing on the assault against George and his justifiable/legal use of a gun for self defense.

AnneBoleyn;1431533 wrote: PS, maybe he "reasonably" felt his life was in danger because he's a coward who started something he couldn't finish without resorting to shooting.

Started what?
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
tude dog

Let the looting begin

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1431540 wrote: Except that he put himself in the position of being "attacked"

He went running into the night in pursuit of a "suspect" with little, or no training in how to handle such a situation. He had no business doing that.

He created the incident.

As for the rest, we only have his side of the story. No, I do not believe that being stupid warrants the death penalty, or anything like that - There is a way to cut down the population though, eh?

Firstly, the kid is from Miami. When I lived there, it was not a nice place. If I had seen someone following me, I would become cautious, maybe run around a building, and of they continued to follow, nail the bugger.

Just because someone is beating on you, is not justification to shoot them. Anne is right.

Of course, once I knocked his ass down, I would have probably run off and left him there, because he might be armed.

Again, let an idiot carry a gun, and someone will probably die.

Attack somebody with a gun, don't be surprised to join the Darwin club of extinct species.

By all available evidence George was not trailing that Trayvon guy.

Trayvon had all the time in the world just to go to his dad's home. He was on the phone to a girl. If scared, could have hung up and called 911.

Stupidly, he attacked a man with a gun, and the gene pool just got a little cleaner.
Patsy Warnick

Let the looting begin

Post by Patsy Warnick »

How does one know who threw the 1st punch?

because Z. said so.

Approaching some one in the dark would put any one on the defense.

Tude

Martin is relaxed & on the phone so why would Martin hit 1st?

Oh, he was approached in the dark & tried to defend himself?

What did Z. do to provoke that 1st punch? I'm truly asking for facts but then again it's Z. story.

Patsy
tude dog

Let the looting begin

Post by tude dog »

Patsy Warnick;1431547 wrote: How does one know who threw the 1st punch?

because Z. said so.

It is obvious George was punched more than once. It is also apparent his head was banged.

Only wounds to Martin were on his knuckles. I would bet it safe to say it was pretty much a one sided fight.

Patsy Warnick;1431547 wrote: Approaching some one in the dark would put any one on the defense.

Tude

Martin is relaxed & on the phone so why would Martin hit 1st?

Oh, he was approached in the dark & tried to defend himself?

What did Z. do to provoke that 1st punch? I'm truly asking for facts but then again it's Z. story.

Patsy

We know Z briefly followed Martin. The gal he was speaking to said he referred to Z as a "creepy ass cracker". Apparently Martin was pissed and wanted to take it out on Z. Unfortunate for Martin Z had a gun and used it.
AnneBoleyn

Let the looting begin

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Not Guilty

So say ye all
Patsy Warnick

Let the looting begin

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Tude

Thanks

OK - then there's the question of the who's voice is screaming on the tape.

Martin family say's it's Martin.

Z say's it's himself screaming. why doesn't Z just scream - analyze the voice

prove it's Z and one would believe self defense - solid story. be done?

It's his life on the line here - I'd scream in court :wah: prove it's me

what do ya got to lose at this point.

I still feel Z brought this trouble onto himself - so pay the consequences

Martin paid for his.

Patsy
Scrat

Let the looting begin

Post by Scrat »

Verdict came in. Unanimous. Not guilty.
Scrat

Let the looting begin

Post by Scrat »

Zimmerman Found Not Guilty - YouTube
Snooz

Let the looting begin

Post by Snooz »

Scrat;1431556 wrote: Zimmerman Found Not Guilty - YouTube

He didn't show much of a reaction.
tude dog

Let the looting begin

Post by tude dog »

Patsy Warnick;1431550 wrote: Tude

Thanks

OK - then there's the question of the who's voice is screaming on the tape.

Martin family say's it's Martin.

Z say's it's himself screaming. why doesn't Z just scream - analyze the voice

prove it's Z and one would believe self defense - solid story. be done?

At first his dad didn't claim it was his voice. His brother wasn't so sure. A witness, John Good, only one to witness the beating believed it was George, but admitted he wasn't 100%

George had no obligation to say prove anything. If he did the scream it won't stop there. He loses the right to remain silent.

Patsy Warnick;1431550 wrote: It's his life on the line here - I'd scream in court :wah: prove it's me

what do ya got to lose at this point.

Problem was it won't prove anything and as I pointed out, he would lose the right to remain silent.

Patsy Warnick;1431550 wrote: I still feel Z brought this trouble onto himself - so pay the consequences

Martin paid for his.

Patsy

He paid a terrible price. Besides having had to endure a political show trial, death threats, there still is the possibility of a civil rights violation charge by the federal government.

Considering President Obama practically adopted Martin and Eric Holder has no more scruples than the president, don't be surprised to see ACT II two of the screwing of George Zimmerman.
Snooz

Let the looting begin

Post by Snooz »

Does Peru have an extradition agreement with the US? I'd seriously consider getting the hell out of Dodge if I were Z.
Scrat

Let the looting begin

Post by Scrat »

He didn't show much of a reaction.

It's a sad situation. What was he supposed to do? Scream, shout and jump all about? I'm quite sure he was relieved inside.

"Maybe Martin was just coming home from the 7-11. I'd bet he wasn't.

What this was, a series of escalations that led to Martins death which I see as self inflicted as he DID NOT have to attack Zimmermann."

"I'd bet he wasn't." But he WAS, so you would be wrong.

"he DID NOT have to attack Zimmermann." There is only one witness to that, the other is dead. Also, don't forget how dumb a 17 year old can be. If Zimmerman was afraid, maybe Trayvon was too.

eta--if the black or hispanic kid was not from the Ellison home, all that means is that in America we can walk where we want to. You wouldn't question my ability, or my right, to walk anywhere, & unfortunately for you, black or hispanic teens have the same rights I do. You'd have no right to ask me what I was doing there, & the same goes for them.

"I'd bet he wasn't." But he WAS, so you would be wrong.

Anne, how do you know that he was just walking home from the 7-11? Were you with him? Fact is you don't know what he was doing any more than I do. Yes, we can all walk when and where we want to, the key words being WE CAN ALL WALK WHEN AND WHERE WE WANT TO. Provided we are willing to accept the risks involved with that in this society.

I have no right to confront someone off of my property unless they are committing a crime but I can look at and observe objects and yes, people if I so choose. Like it or not T MARTIN escalated the situation to one of violence, G Zimmermann had the same rights as Martin. He also had the right to defend himself.

Your arguments don't stand up to logic.
AnneBoleyn

Let the looting begin

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Scrat: "Your arguments don't stand up to logic."

Your logic. Yours don't stand up to mine.
Scrat

Let the looting begin

Post by Scrat »

Does Peru have an extradition agreement with the US? I'd seriously consider getting the hell out of Dodge if I were Z.

He'll be hunted. Sad but true.
AnneBoleyn

Let the looting begin

Post by AnneBoleyn »

SnoozeAgain;1431564 wrote: Does Peru have an extradition agreement with the US? I'd seriously consider getting the hell out of Dodge if I were Z.

Yes, it does, but Zimmerman is not guilty of any crime so why should it matter? I don't think it is used for civil matters.
LarsMac

Let the looting begin

Post by LarsMac »

What a mess. I hope this fades into the history books, but not without some lessons learned.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Snooz

Let the looting begin

Post by Snooz »

LarsMac;1431569 wrote: What a mess. I hope this fades into the history books, but not without some lessons learned.

What lessons? I still don't think that Zimmerman did anything out of line. Yeah, the dispatcher said "you don't need to do that" when he asked if he should follow him. Big effing deal.

This case was tried in the media and political circus long before it went to court. Where's the outrage for all the other Black young men that are shot and killed? Not quite as high profile because it's black-on-black, right?
LarsMac

Let the looting begin

Post by LarsMac »

SnoozeAgain;1431576 wrote: What lessons? I still don't think that Zimmerman did anything out of line. Yeah, the dispatcher said "you don't need to do that" when he asked if he should follow him. Big effing deal.

This case was tried in the media and political circus long before it went to court. Where's the outrage for all the other Black young men that are shot and killed? Not quite as high profile because it's black-on-black, right?

Lessons:

1. Don't go running off into the dark to chase someone you think may be a criminal.

2. Don't carry a gun unless you have the brains to know what to do with it.

3. Don't wander about a neighborhood looking in windows while wearing a hoodie.

How are those for starters?

If he'd just stayed in the car and waited for the cops, the kid would still be alive and Mr Z could have finished his college.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Let the looting begin

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1431568 wrote: Yes, it does, but Zimmerman is not guilty of any crime so why should it matter? I don't think it is used for civil matters.

Just for general information, Z is now immune from any civil suit in this matter.

939.06 Acquitted defendant not liable for costs.—

(1) A defendant in a criminal prosecution who is acquitted or discharged is not liable for any costs or fees of the court or any ministerial office, or for any charge of subsistence while detained in custody. If the defendant has paid any taxable costs, or fees required under s. 27.52(1)(b), in the case, the clerk or judge shall give him or her a certificate of the payment of such costs, with the items thereof, which, when audited and approved according to law, shall be refunded to the defendant.

2012 Florida Statutes

I am wondering just how much money the State is going to have to reimburse Z.

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—

(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant.

(2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful.

(3) The court shall award reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection (1).

2011 Florida Statutes
flopstock

Let the looting begin

Post by flopstock »

It is okay with me that there are rallies and protests at the verdict.

Months later I am still outraged that Casey Anthony got off. If I'd been down there for her event, I would have been out there screaming at the injustice of it.

It is the nature of the beast. Someone is going to be disappointed with the verdict, every time.

I think that so far, the folks most disappointed are the media.Not with the verdict, but with the reaction to it. I believe they will try to stir things a bit yet..:thinking:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

LarsMac

Let the looting begin

Post by LarsMac »

There IS that pesky little thing that the jury must contend with.

I know you have heard of it.

It's called "Reasonable doubt"

While I may think that he should be held responsible because he wasn't thinking, and did something stupid, I have to admit that if we start locking people up for that, we will need a lot of much bigger jails.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

Let the looting begin

Post by gmc »

What lessons? I still don't think that Zimmerman did anything out of line. Yeah, the dispatcher said "you don't need to do that" when he asked if he should follow him. Big effing deal.

He chose to follow him did he not? If you can walk away from a situation and choose not to do so then you are responsible at least in part for what happens next, clearly the victim was intent on getting away so why follow and continue the confrontation. Would he have done so had he not been armed? At the very least I would have thought manslaughter. He chose to follow and open fire how could he still be threatened by someone that was walking away?
Snooz

Let the looting begin

Post by Snooz »

You missed the part where Zimmerman was heading back to his truck and Martin jumped out of some bushes to punch him. He didn't open fire on the kid, they were on the ground with Martin on top, clearly the aggressor. Why is Zimmerman being portrayed as some gun-slinging cowboy when Martin is the one that instigated the physical confrontation?

I'm not arguing that this could have been prevented and it clearly WAS manslaughter since someone is dead, but it's also pretty obvious that this was unintentional. I think my biggest bitch about all this is the race baiting going on. As I mentioned earlier, where's the outrage for black-on-black shootings? There are a whole lot more of those going on all across the country.
tude dog

Let the looting begin

Post by tude dog »

SnoozeAgain;1431615 wrote:

I'm not arguing that this could have been prevented and it clearly WAS manslaughter since someone is dead,

Not manslaughter according to Florida law.

(1) The killing of a human being by the act, procurement, or culpable negligence of another, without lawful justification according to the provisions of chapter 776 and in cases in which such killing shall not be excusable homicide or murder, according to the provisions of this chapter, is manslaughter,

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

CHAPTER 776

JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE

Not saying you Snooze, but it seems some people just want to get George for something, anything.
AnneBoleyn

Let the looting begin

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I only want to get him on manslaughter. Jury spoke.

So, TD, the looting did not begin. Your expectation was wrong.

Snooze, you are repeating, verbatim, GZ's account. That's fine I guess that you believe him with no doubts. I don't believe his account, I don't believe his words. Since he would never have followed Trayvon without a weapon cocked & ready for use my description of him as Pussy with a Gun is accurate, in my estimation, & that is what counts to me.
LarsMac

Let the looting begin

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1431622 wrote: I only want to get him on manslaughter. Jury spoke.

... Since he would never have followed Trayvon without a weapon cocked & ready for use ...

That is actually an assumption on your part. I doubt that he thought that far ahead.

And there was obviously a struggle.

The rest, we will never know for a certainty
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Let the looting begin

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I am basically quoting Judge Alex Ferrar, that GZ could not have gotten his gun out in the situation as he described it. Also, I don't believe this guy leaves his house without a weapon. I've been day or night in many situations, many places, without a gun. He was only going to a store. Ready for anything. People are just too nervous today. Maybe they have reason to be, maybe not. As for me, I'll continue going where I want, when I want, with no fear & common sense as my weapon.
tude dog

Let the looting begin

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1431622 wrote: So, TD, the looting did not begin. Your expectation was wrong.

Thankfully.

AnneBoleyn;1431622 wrote: cocked

You don't cock a Kel-Tec PF-9. It is double action only.

AnneBoleyn;1431622 wrote: & ready for use

Uh yea.

AnneBoleyn;1431622 wrote: my description of him as Pussy with a Gun is accurate, in my estimation, & that is what counts to me.

He is a live pussy, unlike that dummy brave fool who attacked him.

Because I am a pussy, not much unlike George, my usual carry gun is a 1911, which is always "cocked and locked".

Unlike George, if I decide to follow someone I profile as a danger to my community, I would not just rely on my 1911, my Mossberg should be very intimidating site, not to mention the sound of racking is very distinctive.
AnneBoleyn

Let the looting begin

Post by AnneBoleyn »

If you decide to profile.....................very impressive. Of course, your town doesn't even have as many people as the apartment building I live in, so perhaps for you, in your situation, you may be correct. Even when I lived rurally, in Wisconsin & NH, it was more sophisticated than that, where people were permitted to pass through without intimidation. Guess there's not much entertainment in your........err..........town.
tude dog

Let the looting begin

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1431626 wrote: I am basically quoting Judge Alex Ferrar, that GZ could not have gotten his gun out in the situation as he described it.

He's entitled to an opinion.

AnneBoleyn;1431626 wrote: Also, I don't believe this guy leaves his house without a weapon.

I would tend to also believe that.

AnneBoleyn;1431626 wrote: I've been day or night in many situations, many places, without a gun. He was only going to a store.

Local stop and rob.
tude dog

Let the looting begin

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1431628 wrote: If you decide to profile.....................very impressive. Of course, your town doesn't even have as many people as the apartment building I live in, so perhaps for you, in your situation, you may be correct. Even when I lived rurally, in Wisconsin & NH, it was more sophisticated than that, where people were permitted to pass through without intimidation.

Profiling has got such a bad rap. I believe at some level everybody profiles. It is a survival thing.

Here if somebody is out on a rainy night walking up the road, I would be very curious. If it is a neighbor, maybe I could be of help. If a stranger, that would get my hackles up. Can't say what I would do, except be sure to keep an eye on him.

About 4 years ago, a farmer who lives a couple of miles from here returned home from the store. Middle of the day. No one should have been there, but he came upon two burglars, who murdered him. His house is in the middle of nowhere. The whole region was in shock. sh*t like that just doesn't happen here.

Last place Mrs.Dog and I lived was in a nice basically safe suburb. The local police station of the Los Angeles Police Dept was Devonshire Division (L.A.P.D.). Often referred to as "Club Dev". Lots of property crime. Always paid attention to what is going on.

Knowing we live among thieves, at least near thieves who could drive to where we lived, is unsettling. Always carried knives (still do).

AnneBoleyn;1431626 wrote: Guess there's not much entertainment in your........err..........town.

LOL

We've had enough of that.
Bruv

Let the looting begin

Post by Bruv »

No comments from me about the points of law involved, and the rights or wrongs involved.

Just the observation that I am extremely grateful and lucky to be born in a country that anybody can be arrested for carrying a knife let alone a gun, and where gun crime is rare.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
AnneBoleyn

Let the looting begin

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bruv;1431631 wrote: No comments from me about the points of law involved, and the rights or wrongs involved.

Just the observation that I am extremely grateful and lucky to be born in a country that anybody can be arrested for carrying a knife let alone a gun, and where gun crime is rare.

Here, Bruv, gun crime is rare in many places. Most places, I'd venture. But the gun folks think the 'good' guys should always be prepared. I guess that depends on the definition of 'good guy' & the true motivation to carry.
Bruv

Let the looting begin

Post by Bruv »

AnneBoleyn;1431634 wrote: Here, Bruv, gun crime is rare in many places. Most places, I'd venture. But the gun folks think the 'good' guys should always be prepared. I guess that depends on the definition of 'good guy' & the true motivation to carry.

Could it be paranoia ?

Over here...................I may upset some people.........the type that might carry a gun, have a pit bull on a lead....................to make themselves feel safe.
tude dog

Let the looting begin

Post by tude dog »

Ann, let me tell you 'bout the two most important women in my life.

Of course first is Mom.

Don't remember how old I was, maybe, 6 yrs old. Mom worked nights as a waitress, Carhop actually. You remember Carhops? Well one night she was mugged. Had the crap beat out of her.

Once Mom was beat, Dad bought her a small .25 cal Colt semi auto. Call my Mom a pussy if you want, but I expect she carried that gun.

Second Woman, Mrs. Dog.

When I met her I did not own a gun, but she did.

It was something which when I first saw it asked, "Where do you put the caps?

Now Mrs.Dog never been to shabby looking so why not posses a gun going to work, while waiting for a bus?

By the time I met her, she did not take a bus anymore.

Eventually i bought a real gun, S&W Model 10

That gun is her gun. She is not a gun person, but damn she is good at it.
valerie

Let the looting begin

Post by valerie »

Anne, I respectfully disagree that looting didn't take place. It most

definitely HAS. At least somewhat locally, in Oakland, California.

I always carry the utmost respect for juries, and especially so in this

case. Six women, including FIVE mothers, decided this case. I can't

know for sure, of course, but I think they agonized over their

decision, I sure would. Probably with sleepless nights, too.

Both GZ and TV were acting under the influence of testosterone.

It's a safe bet no two women would ever be in an incident like this.

They BOTH made poor decisions. Neither one was an angel.

As far as lessons go, a big one I'd like to see but most likely

won't, is a police dispatcher trained in the types of things

to say, with clearer semantics. No time for misinterpretations

of what's said.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Patsy Warnick

Let the looting begin

Post by Patsy Warnick »

If Martin attacked Z and is pounding Z's head on concrete

Z gets his hand free & pulls his gun

Z couldn't punch the kid? No Z chose to shoot him.

That's the part I have a problem with & I believe that's the part Anne states Z is a pussy.

Blow for Blow - no - Blow & Boom the Z way.

I thought the verdict would be manslaughter & probably time served.

None of this would of happened if Z hadn't followed.

senseless

Patsy
tude dog

Let the looting begin

Post by tude dog »

Patsy Warnick;1431647 wrote: If Martin attacked Z and is pounding Z's head on concrete

Z gets his hand free & pulls his gun

Z couldn't punch the kid? No Z chose to shoot him.

That's the part I have a problem with & I believe that's the part Anne states Z is a pussy.

None of that realaly matters. Attack a man with a gun, guess what?

He is a pussy? Me too. I aint't gotta take a pounding from a monster.

Patsy Warnick;1431647 wrote: None of this would of happened if Z hadn't followed.Do we have any adults here?
Bruv

Let the looting begin

Post by Bruv »

Funny old turn out.........

Angela Corey............murderer

ALAN DERSHOWITZ
.....whoever he is.
valerie

Let the looting begin

Post by valerie »

And if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, then we'd all have a

Merry Christmas!

IF TV had asked GZ why he was following him, and/or explained

he was just coming back from the store. IF GZ had told TV, hey,

we've had a lot of break-ins in the neighborhood recently. IF

TV had stopped and called 911 himself, instead of talking to his

GF. IF TV had just stopped, and waited for police to show up and

realize what was going on. IF GZ had just stopped, and ditto.

If I was on that jury, GZ's photos would be enough to cause reasonable

doubt for me. Finding him not guilty does NOT mean any of those jurors

don't think he did wrong. They didn't find him innocent (semantics raising

its' head again!) of everything. There's a difference.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

Snooz

Let the looting begin

Post by Snooz »

Good post, Val.
Snooz

Let the looting begin

Post by Snooz »

AnneBoleyn;1431622 wrote: I only want to get him on manslaughter. Jury spoke.

So, TD, the looting did not begin. Your expectation was wrong.

Snooze, you are repeating, verbatim, GZ's account. That's fine I guess that you believe him with no doubts. I don't believe his account, I don't believe his words. Since he would never have followed Trayvon without a weapon cocked & ready for use my description of him as Pussy with a Gun is accurate, in my estimation, & that is what counts to me.

I seriously doubt it's verbatim, at least the way I understand the term. However I do think Z's account is probably pretty accurate since there was at least one witness that saw the darker skinned figure on top of the lighter one while one of them was screaming. And since TM's only injuries were on his knuckles (besides the gunshot), it's a safe bet he was pounding the hell out of Z.

But now I'm repeating myself.
valerie

Let the looting begin

Post by valerie »

Before I say it YES I KNOW IT"S NOT ADMISSIBLE IN A COURT OF LAW.

GZ aced TWO polygraph tests early on. His account of what happened.

YES, I DO KNOW THAT SOME PEOPLE CAN PASS IT ANYWAY, AS WITNESSED

WITH THE GREEN RIVER KILLER.

Just sayin', a little food for thought.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

Accountable

Let the looting begin

Post by Accountable »

Yeh, but passing a poly requires cool confidence, and as has been pointed out ad nauseum, GZ is a pussy.

I went to the doctor's office today (on an Army post) and they had CNN going. This is the third time this summer and always the same thing. I swear that channel is all Trayvon all the time.
gmc

Let the looting begin

Post by gmc »

I really don't get this. Zimmerman called the police was told by them not to follow trayon martin but did so anyway, trayon is being followed by a male for no apparent reason, presumably a bigger stronger one at that, perhaps he felt threatened and acted in self defence by attacking zimmerman, an aggressive adult male that was following him down the street, - how about if he had felt threatened and turned round and shot zimmerman would he be exonerated under the same stand your ground law?

What was he supposed to do? If he ran he took the risk the man might shoot him - the man following was not a policeman and had no right to challenge him why should he have to explain himself to random strangers? What would you have done if you felt threatened attack in self defence or run away hoping the guy didn't have a gun?
Snooz

Let the looting begin

Post by Snooz »

It's already been explained, if you don't understand what we've said then you're being purposely obtuse.
gmc

Let the looting begin

Post by gmc »

SnoozeAgain;1431688 wrote: It's already been explained, if you don't understand what we've said then you're being purposely obtuse.

Maybe I just find the explanation nonsensical? How can someone following an individual despite being asked not to by the police be seen as anything but acting aggressively and provoking a confrontation? If you follow someone and threaten them how hard can it be to work out you might end up in a fight?

Don't know about you but if a random stranger demands to know what I am doing while I am going about my legitimate business I would probably tell him to piss off - (depending on how the question was phrased and the reason for asking) - and if he then follows me down the street and I feel threatened my reaction is likely to be one of defensive aggression especially if they are bigger and behaving in a threatening manner - if they don't take the hint and leave you alone you flatten them first before they get a chance to attack you. Not being american guns wouldn't come in to it but seriously of I believe someone is about to attack me and I can't get away from them or get them to leave me alone I will attack them first and cause as much damage as possible.
Bruv

Let the looting begin

Post by Bruv »

Never thought I would ever hear gmc being called for being obtuse.

Return to “Crimes Trials”