Albert Lynch ... Master Portrait Painter.

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Albert Lynch was born in 1851 in Trujillo, Peru. He settled in Paris, where he studied at l'École des Beaux-Arts. Lynch worked under the guidance of painters Jules Achille Noël, Gabriel Ferrier and Henri Lehmann.

He showed his artwork in the Salon of French artists which he won in 1890 and 1892 and in the World's Fair of 1900 during which he received a gold medal. The women of his time were his favorite subject to paint and he preferred Pastel, Gouache and Watercolor although he occasionally worked in the Oil technique. His work maintained the spirit of the Belle Époque. He illustrated such books as Lady of the Camellias by Alexandre Dumas, fils, Le Père Goriot by Honoré de Balzac and La Parisienne by Henry Becque.

"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I like his style--lovely & delicate. Soft.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

The Doris Day haze lol

Return to “Photography More”