Hello from Kathy Ellen...

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Wowza, seems like a long time since I've logged on to say hello to my friends in FG.

I'm so sorry that I've haven't posted lately, but.....SEE !! That's what happens when you retire, for flip sake!! You're too flippin happy!!

I'm great and cannot even begin to tell you how happy I am to be retired. I think that the ulcers that I may have incurred from my job are gone now. Right now, I'm enjoying my holiday in Florida enjoying the sun and 85 degrees. It's like a party city here without ending.

I've missed chatting with you all and hope are well and happy xxx

Please say hello and let me know what's going on in your life.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, HOWDY!

Good to hear from you.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

LarsMac;1439809 wrote: Well, HOWDY!

Good to hear from you.

Great to see you too Lars, and how are ya doin???
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Isn't it great - you sound soooo happy and that's the good life.

I'm in Hawaii - it's beautiful and we love it here. A little rain this afternoon and we needed a early relaxing day so all is good.

glad you checked in stranger..

Aloha

Patsy
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Kathy Ellen;1439810 wrote: Great to see you too Lars, and how are ya doin???

Doing great.

Last grandkid is about to graduate high school. She also won several belt buckles for Barrel Racing, in the regionals.

We spent a lot o f the summer in Maine, and survived the Colorado Flooding.

Getting ready for Winter. My oldest grandson is going to teach me snowboarding this winter.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
tabby

Post by tabby »

Hello Kathy Ellen! It sounds like you're having a great time and "livin' the life" !! :-6
theia

Post by theia »

Hello, Kathy...good to see you again :-4
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Always good to hear from an old friend Kathy E ...
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Good for you KE. Hope to be the same some day.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Kathy Ellen;1439808 wrote: Wowza, seems like a long time since I've logged on to say hello to my friends in FG.

I'm so sorry that I've haven't posted lately, but.....SEE !! That's what happens when you retire, for flip sake!! You're too flippin happy!!

I'm great and cannot even begin to tell you how happy I am to be retired. I think that the ulcers that I may have incurred from my job are gone now. Right now, I'm enjoying my holiday in Florida enjoying the sun and 85 degrees. It's like a party city here without ending.

Kathy!!!1 How's downtown FLorida this fine day?

Any pics?
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

I do declayah, Miss Kathy Ellen, you sound so happy and relaxed! It is good to see. Are you in your favorite spot in Florida?
gmc

Post by gmc »

Welcome back. Will you be visiting ireland in your retirement? Need to visit myself some day.
Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf »

Kathy Ellen;1439808 wrote: Wowza, seems like a long time since I've logged on to say hello to my friends in FG.

Hello old friend been a long time, it great to here your doing well and enjoying life :-6

LW:yh_hugs
Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance.

along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

For you, Kathy Ellen :)

Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Týr

Post by Týr »

I'm glad you're sounding so cheerful, KE.

I've seen maps of Florida, it has a belt of natural wilderness which looks interesting. I'm not sure it's walking territory though.
Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!
cars

Post by cars »

Well now I just dropped in here today to see what's up, and I'm so glad I did cause I got to see your post! Retirement is the greatest, (I love it) and I'm so glad for you that you are so happy to be retired. You are doing better then me right now, cause you're in FL, and we are still here in NE braving the "23" degrees this morning. We stay in NE so as to hold our traditional Thanksgiving Dinner for our family & a few close friends. We go South first week in December, can't wait. Don't like the COLD anymore, now that I'm older. Anyway, enjoy your fun in the sun!!! :-6 I'm jealous! :)
Cars :)
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time! :-6

Enjoy! :)
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for all of your responses. I'm going to respond and say hello to you all so give me a wee bit of time xx
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Patsy Warnick;1439811 wrote: Isn't it great - you sound soooo happy and that's the good life.

I'm in Hawaii - it's beautiful and we love it here. A little rain this afternoon and we needed a early relaxing day so all is good.

glad you checked in stranger..

Aloha

Patsy

Aloha Patsy, It's always wonderful to see you. Are you living in Hawaii?? Oy vey, I don't mean to be a stranger. Sometimes life just gets in the flippin way!!

LarsMac;1439812 wrote: Doing great.

Last grandkid is about to graduate high school. She also won several belt buckles for Barrel Racing, in the regionals.

We spent a lot o f the summer in Maine, and survived the Colorado Flooding.

Getting ready for Winter. My oldest grandson is going to teach me snowboarding this winter.

Wowza...good on your grandchildren. Maine.....How's the lobster....yummo...

Oh my, you are a brave man snowboarding. I heard that people don't ski anymore, they snowboard....Is that true...Good to hear from you!!

tabby;1439819 wrote: Hello Kathy Ellen! It sounds like you're having a great time and "livin' the life" !! :-6

Thanks Tabby....I am thrilled with my life now for sure.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

theia;1439827 wrote: Hello, Kathy...good to see you again :-4

Hi Theia, It's wonderful to see you...missed you xxxx Hope all is good with you.

jones jones;1439831 wrote: Always good to hear from an old friend Kathy E ...

Hi JJ, Always good to see you also. How are ya my friend!!

YZGI;1439844 wrote: Good for you KE. Hope to be the same some day.

Oh Yzgi, you're 'gonna' love retirement. Hope it happens for you soon xx I flippin you man !!
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

fuzzywuzzy;1439850 wrote: Kathy!!!1 How's downtown FLorida this fine day?

Hey Mags, Florida is absolutely wonderful !! It was 31 F when I left Noo Joisey on Oct. 24th and 85 F when I arrived in Florida. I don't wanna go home to the snow and sleet. It has been so beautiful, warm and sunny every single day that I've been here. What a treat . I just love Florida.

Any pics?

I haven't taken any pics as I've already taken so many pics of this area. But, when I get home, I'll post pics from my last trip years ago as they'd be the same ones I'd take now.

Wandrin;1439875 wrote: I do declayah, Miss Kathy Ellen, you sound so happy and relaxed! It is good to see. Are you in your favorite spot in Florida?

Well, I also do declayah there Mr. Wandrin. Yes, I am in my fav part of Florida which is Siesta Key. I lubs it here. It's always good to see you. How's the wandering doin? Where have you travelled lately?

gmc;1439892 wrote: Welcome back. Will you be visiting ireland in your retirement? Need to visit myself some day.

Thanks so much gmc. I will absolutely be visiting Ireland in the near future. My rellys are so upset with me that I've not visited in years, but alas, life does get in the way. At least, my loved ones in Ireland and I text and call each other at least 2x a month. So, at least, we're in touch. Where do you plan to visit. I know you'd love my homeland Donegal.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

lostidentity;1439904 wrote: Hello old friend been a long time, it great to here your doing well and enjoying life :-6

Hey you, Jaysus, it's great to see you LW. Where ya been man? Hope all is good with you. I missed you!! Mega (((((HUGS)))) to you too.

LW:yh_hugs

along-for-the-ride;1439932 wrote: For you, Kathy Ellen :)

Hey Diana, Great to see you. Sorry that I haven't been around. I can't pull up your video as I'm on my ipad which doesn't accept all videos. I'll watch it when I get home...Mega thanks!!

Týr;1439949 wrote: I'm glad you're sounding so cheerful, KE.

I've seen maps of Florida, it has a belt of natural wilderness which looks interesting. I'm not sure it's walking territory though.

Hi Tyr,

Swampland in Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am beyond happy to be retired and really enjoying life with my family and friends. What could be better?

I think that you're thinking of the swamplands of Florida. It certainly would be dangerous to explore on your own, but there are tours that you can take to view this area.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

cars;1439973 wrote: Well now I just dropped in here today to see what's up, and I'm so glad I did cause I got to see your post! Retirement is the greatest, (I love it) and I'm so glad for you that you are so happy to be retired. You are doing better then me right now, cause you're in FL, and we are still here in NE braving the "23" degrees this morning. We stay in NE so as to hold our traditional Thanksgiving Dinner for our family & a few close friends. We go South first week in December, can't wait. Don't like the COLD anymore, now that I'm older. Anyway, enjoy your fun in the sun!!! :-6 I'm jealous! :)

Hey there Cars...Jaysus, it's great to see you. I've been jealous of you all these years as you've spent so many years in Florida. Now that I'm retired, maybe we can meet one day when we're both there. It's wonderful to know that I can just take off and travel anywhere now. ....yippee...Just keep the snakes on the East coast ok, don't be sending them over to the west coast...lol

Chloe_88;1439989 wrote: Sounds like you are having a wonderful time! :-6

Enjoy! :)

Thanks so much Chloe. I am so happy and it's great to see you !!
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Týr;1439949 wrote: I'm glad you're sounding so cheerful, KE.

Everglades, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry Tyr...meant to send you this site on the Everglades of Florida.
cars

Post by cars »

Kathy Ellen;1440009 wrote: Hey there Cars...Jaysus, it's great to see you. I've been jealous of you all these years as you've spent so many years in Florida. Now that I'm retired, maybe we can meet one day when we're both there. It's wonderful to know that I can just take off and travel anywhere now. ....yippee...Just keep the snakes on the East coast ok, don't be sending them over to the west coast...lol

Hiya, KE, West coast to East coast is a far distance, maybe we can meet at a restaurant somewhere in between. Yes will be in touch when I get down there. Enjoy that SUN! And don't forget the SUN screen lotion!
Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf »

well there lays a long story ..pm me some time we can chat. back now check in most days :yh_hugs
Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance.

Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I wanted to reply - not sure when I'll have another chance - life gets in the way..:yh_rotfl

We vacation in Hawaii every year & try to stay longer every year.

Only the very wealthy can afford living here & the locals hold 2 jobs to make ends meet.

1 gallon of milk ranges from $ 6.00 to $ 10.16 ..

My kids would be having water on their morning cereal..!:yh_rotfl

You sound very happy - life is good

Aloha

Patsy
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

cars;1440021 wrote: Hiya, KE, West coast to East coast is a far distance, maybe we can meet at a restaurant somewhere in between. Yes will be in touch when I get down there. Enjoy that SUN! And don't forget the SUN screen lotion!

Hi Cars,

I'd love to meet you, but unfortunately I'm heading back to The Villages tomorrow to visit family and then home. I'm not a snowbird yet.

Omen day we'll meet!
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

lostidentity;1440032 wrote: well there lays a long story ..pm me some time we can chat. back now check in most days :yh_hugs

I will pm you when I get home LW in a few weeks. I won't have access to the net until then.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Patsy Warnick;1440068 wrote: I wanted to reply - not sure when I'll have another chance - life gets in the way..:yh_rotfl

We vacation in Hawaii every year & try to stay longer every year.

Only the very wealthy can afford living here & the locals hold 2 jobs to make ends meet.

1 gallon of milk ranges from $ 6.00 to $ 10.16 ..

My kids would be having water on their morning cereal..!:yh_rotfl

You sound very happy - life is good

Aloha

Patsy

Wow Patsy, Those prices are mega high!!!

I'm so happy that you're having a great time Patsy. I'm crying now as I have to leave Siesta Key tomorrow...boo hoo...
cars

Post by cars »

Kathy Ellen;1440074 wrote: Hi Cars,

I'd love to meet you, but unfortunately I'm heading back to The Villages tomorrow to visit family and then home. I'm not a snowbird yet.

Omen day we'll meet!

OK KE, one day, whenever that may come to be. :)
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Gosh I don't know how to do this anymore. I tried to post and nothing seemed to happen. Anyway, Kathy, I just popped in to say hi. It seems you have retired -YAY! - and moved to Florida - DOUBLE YAY!!!! Hope all is good with you. Do drop me a line somewhere sometime when you get a chance. All good here. My son is getting married in two weeks. Anyway very best wishes for Christmas and 2014. Are you anywhere near Fort Lauderdale?
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

GOOD GOD it's Aussie Pam!!!! How are you doing ?
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

AussiePam;1443316 wrote: Gosh I don't know how to do this anymore. I tried to post and nothing seemed to happen. Anyway, Kathy, I just popped in to say hi. It seems you have retired -YAY! - and moved to Florida - DOUBLE YAY!!!! Hope all is good with you. Do drop me a line somewhere sometime when you get a chance. All good here. My son is getting married in two weeks. Anyway very best wishes for Christmas and 2014. Are you anywhere near Fort Lauderdale?

Hi Pam,

It's good to hear from you. I will be in touch, with you, very soon. Mega congrats on your son's wedding....That's spectacular!!

Yay on my retirement. I'm over the moon with happiness and loving life. No, I haven't moved.....just went on a trip to Florida for 6 weeks. Had a ball there!!

Maybe one day I'll move south, but not now. If I do move, it will be to Siesta Key, or nearby, Florida. I'm so sick of the awful weather in the north...snow, ice, rain. If not Siesta Key, then I'd like to move to north of Fort Lauderdale, FL.

Chat soon xxx
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Hi Kathy Ellen and Fuzzy Wuzzy too!!!

Good to get some news of you KE. I'll look forward to more in the fullness of time. Grin.

Today's the day. My Baby Boy will be a Married Man in a few hours. He and his beautiful bride are getting married on one of the northern beaches here. And it's raining. Apparently this means good luck... Anyhow there is yet time for it to fine up. Love to all. (I tried to upload a photo but got a bunch of error, exceeding quota etc messages)
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

Hey there honey! I just popped back in after being away for quite a while too. How are you? :)

Return to “General Chit Chat”