Oh Joy of Joy... Only 10 weeks to go..

Discuss all types of sports.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Cheltenham (Downtown) - YouTube

I am counting the days.....

Big Bucks will be looking to make racing history with a 15th consecutive win and four consecutive World Hurdle's.

Kauto Star and Long Run will go head to head again for Kauto's bid for a 3rd Gold Cup.

Just looked at the latest betting for The Gold Cup and I am very surprised at the odds on Caruthers ,winner Of the 2011 Hennessy Gold Cup. Seriously folks, at 50/1 you would be mad not to take out a small each way punt.

You can get 7/1 for Grand Crus who I believe Is a real threat to both Kauto and Long Run.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Big Bucks 4/7 Anti post for the World Hurdle. Looking at the field and with Grand Crus missing from the race to run the Gold Cup, I just can't see anything to touch Big Bucks or The Machine as he's called In racing.

At 20/1 Mikael D'Haguenet Is well worth a place bet In this race.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Ruby Walsh will ride Kauto Star In the Gold Cup.

Nicky Henderson has announced that Long Run will be minus his usual ear plugs In the race.

Ha....we'll see.

Kauto Star - YouTube
Oscar Namechange

Champion trainer Paul Nicholls has also entered Poquelin, The Minack, Tidal Bay and What A Friend, who was fourth last season.

Long Run's trainer Nicky Henderson has surprisingly entered leading two-mile chaser Finian's Rainbow, along with Burton Port.

As expected, David Pipe's leading novice chaser Grands Crus has been given an entry alongside stablemate Junior.

Quito De La Roque heads a strong Irish team which also includes Jessies Dream, Magnaminity, RSA Chase winner Bostons Angel, The Midnight Club, Apt Approach, China Rock and Quel Esprit.

Other familiar names in the entry are Lexus hero Synchronised, dual Ryanair hero Albertas Run, Captain Chris, Mon Mome and Midnight Chase.

"Long Run and Kauto Star currently head the market for the Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup after their epic tussles in both the Betfair Chase and King George this season," said Betfred spokesman George Primarolo.

Oh dear.... This really upsets the mix..... That naughty naughty pesky pest of a horse What A Friend...... dangerous and will be prominent I predict.
peleus

Post by peleus »

Quick question. When is the Gold Cup event? I can't seem to find this information elsewhere.
Never quit.
Oscar Namechange

peleus;1440638 wrote: Quick question. When is the Gold Cup event? I can't seem to find this information elsewhere.

The 2014 Is on the 14th March, the last day of the 4 day Cheltenham Festival

Cheltenham Racecourse - The Festival

Return to “Wide World of Sports”