Map Shows The Most Famous Brand From Each State Of The US

tabby

Post by tabby »

This interesting little map shows the most famous (or recognizable) brand originating from each state. There are a few I've never heard of, like Great Harvest Bread Co, Albertsons, Taco Johns, Allsups, Carrs ... all from the west coast but apparently haven't migrated their way to the east coast yet.

As the article asks, "Do you agree that the “most famous” brand from your state is as depicted on this map?"

As for Virginia, I was disappointed it was AOL although I can't pinpoint why. What about Smithfield Hams? Boars Head Hams? Reynolds Metals? AH Robins? I suppose AOL is in fact the most recognizable these days.

Do you agree with your state's most famous brand?

http://editorial.designtaxi.com/news-co ... 06/big.jpg

Map Shows The Most Famous Brand From Each State Of The US - DesignTAXI.com
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

In Georgia, I guess because they bottle it here in many towns..........or used to anyway.

Many folks prefer sweet tea.;)

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Alsups is definitely NOT New mexico's most famous brand. That would be Hatch Green Chili. We even went to court to patent the rights to that name last year.

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

For California I would suggest way more people are familiar with

than ever touched an Apple computer.

Kansas

I bet more people have eaten Pizza Hut than even recognize Garmin.

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, I can't argue with Coors for Colorado.

However I am missing something here.

Denny's originated in California. How does it become associated with South Carolina?

Same with Bank of America. They originated in California, as well. Their Corporate HQ is now in Virginia, even though they hold an office in Charlotte, NC, I don't get the association.

Coca Cola did originate in Georgia, AFTR. Did you know that in Georgia, at least up into the sixties, Coca Cola was the most popular breakfast beverage, even beating out Coffee?

The one I really don't get is SAKS showing up in Alabama. SAKS is owned by Hudson Bay Co, and I don't even think there is a SAKS store in Alabama.

About the only company I can think if that is actually an Alabama company is Mueller Corp, in Albertville, that makes all those fire Hydrants. Chances are very good that the fire Hydrant near your house has a stamp on it that says Mueller Corp. Albertville, AL
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
tabby

Post by tabby »

So it wasn't just me then! Planters Peanuts came to my mind as a well known Virginia brand and I looked it up online. The company was actually started in Pennsylvania in 1904 and moved its operations to Suffolk, VA in 1913 where they've been ever since. I'd pick them over AOL!

It sounds like the designer of the map didn't do all of his homework on some of these!:thinking:
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1442958 wrote:

Same with Bank of America. They originated in California, as well. Their Corporate HQ is now in Virginia, even though they hold an office in Charlotte, NC, I don't get the association.

Was curious about that as all I knew a B of A was once known as Bank of Italy had a building on Olvera St, Los Angeles, Ca. Olvera St. reputed to be the oldest street on Publeo de Los Angeles. Now a tourist spot.

Somewhere in the back of my memory I associated B of A with Frisco.

LarsMac;1442958 wrote: About the only company I can think if that is actually an Alabama company is Mueller Corp, in Albertville, that makes all those fire Hydrants. Chances are very good that the fire Hydrant near your house has a stamp on it that says Mueller Corp. Albertville, AL

Darn you Lars.

I don't think I will ever pass another Hydrant without taking note.

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Týr

Post by Týr »

I've bought products labelled with four of those brands - Coca Cola, Gillette, Campbells and Lexmark. I've seen a Peavey amp but I've never bought one. It's possible someone sent me a delivery by Federal Express but I'm unaware of it if it's happened.

Isn't Super 8 an obsolete motion picture format?
Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!
tabby

Post by tabby »

tude dog;1443005 wrote: Darn you Lars.

I don't think I will ever pass another Hydrant without taking note.

lol ... me either! I don't have any near me but I'll be checking out the first one I see!

Isn't Hallmark in Kansas also?
tabby

Post by tabby »

Týr;1443021 wrote: I've bought products labelled with four of those brands - Coca Cola, Gillette, Campbells and Lexmark. I've seen a Peavey amp but I've never bought one. It's possible someone sent me a delivery by Federal Express but I'm unaware of it if it's happened.

Isn't Super 8 an obsolete motiion picture format?

I thought Super 8 was referring to a chain of hotels for the budget conscious ... that's the only Super 8 I know of but maybe there's others.

There used to be a motel or hotel chain that had as its slogan "We'll leave the lights on for you" ... what chain was that? Anyone?
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

tabby;1443072 wrote: I thought Super 8 was referring to a chain of hotels for the budget conscious ... that's the only Super 8 I know of but maybe there's others.

There used to be a motel or hotel chain that had as its slogan "We'll leave the lights on for you" ... what chain was that? Anyone?

I think that was Motel 6

Return to “United States”