What is the world coming too?

Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Then I am happy for you.....................don't let me stop your meandering.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Mickiel;1434125 wrote: I 'll tell you what communication is coming to; just look at it here on this website; people think sarcasm is communication;

They think insulting peoples personage is acceptable communication

They think weird jokes is the way to communicate

They think cutting the person up is a good way to make a point

They think being harsh is the way of the future

And they do this everyday and think absolutely nothing of it.How do you know that people think nothing of what they say? Are you projecting? If you think people do not consider what they say, you must not consider what you say because you're a person too.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Bruv;1434164 wrote: Then I am happy for you.....................don't let me stop your meandering.

Translation; people are reading what I have to say in large numbers; and its absolutely nothing you can say to belittle that. To YOU its meandering, to so many others it is not; that is something your going to have to deal with the reality of, or just stop contributing to the numbers listening yourself.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ahso!;1434167 wrote: How do you know that people think nothing of what they say? Are you projecting? If you think people do not consider what they say, you must not consider what you say because you're a person too.

I hold no interest in insulting debate.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Its so interesting how certain people are attacking me for posting my views; something they are free to do themselves; the reason for this is transparent;

Envy

Irritation

Intimidation

Fear

Anger

Frustration

competition

Jealously

Its just so painfully obvious, and they don't seem to believe that the more they come at me, the more I will show how transparent they really are.

I mean but, you know; some just can't get enough punishing.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Mickiel;1434170 wrote: I hold no interest in insulting debate.My post was not insulting. It is a relevant question. Generalizing is one of the more insulting behaviors for people.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Mickiel;1434172 wrote: Its so interesting how certain people are attacking me for posting my views; something they are free to do themselves; the reason for this is transparent;

Envy

Irritation

Intimidation

Fear

Anger

Frustration

competition

Jealously

Its just so painfully obvious, and they don't seem to believe that the more they come at me, the more I will show how transparent they really are.

I mean but, you know; some just can't get enough punishing.Nobody's "coming at" you, Mickey, I'm trying to engage you, but you're getting defensive because you don't want to look at your own reflection. All I've been doing is reflecting back what you've written.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ahso!;1434175 wrote: Nobody's "coming at" you, Mickey, I'm trying to engage you, but you're getting defensive because you don't want to look at your own reflection. All I've been doing is reflecting back what you've written.

I do not engage people who bring name calling to my threads and just rip others apart in meaningless slander.

Peace on your journey.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

I think the world is on automatic pilot, predestined to pressure cook and give birth to a whole new creation;

only the bible has provided the correct recipe.
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

The Hindu scriptures say that every x million years the earth is destroyed and recreated.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Wandrin;1434209 wrote: The Hindu scriptures say that every x million years the earth is destroyed and recreated.

Another scripture says it will be destroyed once and recreated.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

What is the world coming to, when the Middle East can never seem to be at Peace. But notice, religion is mostly always what they fight over; God or an interpretation of God. Always one or the other. The very region God first established belief in him, just can't get it together.

Why is that?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Congratulations you now flooded the most recent topics on Forum Garden............what follows this victory .........world domination ?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Some people seem to really think that sarcasm hides envy; it does not. It breeds it.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Mickiel;1434323 wrote: Some people seem to really think that sarcasm hides envy; it does not. It breeds it.

Have you taken your medication today ?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Bruv;1434324 wrote: Have you taken your medication today ?

I take my meds everyday.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Thought as much...........sorry don't let me detain you.

Life is far too short chin wagging for no particular reason.....................if you catch me here again ignore me.............and I shall try and do the same.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Bruv;1434336 wrote: Thought as much...........sorry don't let me detain you.

Life is far too short chin wagging for no particular reason.....................if you catch me here again ignore me.............and I shall try and do the same.

As you wish;

This again is a live example of what the world is coming to; this is just a thread of thoughts, yet our thoughts seem to pull us in different directions, away from each other.

But I understand that; which is why I walk alone in my views.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Interesting how some people are irritated that I have the freedom to express myself; really what it is , is that what I am saying is bothering them; they disagree and are frustrated that I enjoy the same freedom that they do; yet they want to control my freedom; this is what the world has came to.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

What is the world coming to; I keep screaming just look at this website discussion boards or any websites; look at how some people treat others, and you will see what this world is coming to.
Oblivion4463

Post by Oblivion4463 »

Mickiel;1432603 wrote: There is SO much going on, and its going on everywhere around this globe. Just far too much stuff to even start a list. When you look at the world with a reasonable mind, its no wonder people believe in a God. Good grief, just look at the rampage and the turmoil, it has a way of drowning out the good that's out there.

What is the world coming to? What's it going to be like 100 years from now? Even 50 years from now?

Back before there was civil rights, back before there was equality, back before there was TOLERANCE the world was worse then it is today! To YOU it only seems that why because YOU have not looked back at crime in the past and laws that were not there in most parts of the world. Rape,Murder,Theft,Executions were the NORMAL in every day life the farther you go back in time unlike today, where you only see about it on TV and dont have to actually live it like they did back then.

Actually, the world is better off then it used to be. Back in the medieval times murder/starvation/executions was the norm of the day almost EVERYWHERE in the world.

Things like terrorism has been happening since humans realized they could kill and its been around for years and years the only reason it seems like the world is getting worse is because it is happening here now(west) and we are NOW part of it!
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

What is the world coming to? There is no other book that answers this question like the bible does; look in there and you will see what this world is coming to.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

What is the world comming too? Just take a look at our children, multiply that times ten; and that is what its comming to.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

As the worlds turns, the bible will become more relevant than it is;

just look into that book to get a peek at what the world is coming to.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

What is the world coming too; its coming to God; all will be handed back to him.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Post by Gnostic Christian Bishop »

Mickiel;1432603 wrote: There is SO much going on, and its going on everywhere around this globe. Just far too much stuff to even start a list. When you look at the world with a reasonable mind, its no wonder people believe in a God. Good grief, just look at the rampage and the turmoil, it has a way of drowning out the good that's out there.

What is the world coming to? What's it going to be like 100 years from now? Even 50 years from now?

What is you problem friend.

I track the various markers for evil such as poverty, death by violence including war and slavery as the main issues gaging morality here. All of those markers are at the best level we have ever enjoyed.

The sky is definitely not falling and this clip shows how well we are doing.

You might note that we have pulled a full billion out of poverty in the last 20 years and they forecast that we will do the same in the next 20.

Hans Rosling's 200 Countries, 200 Years, 4 Minutes - The Joy of Stats - BBC Four - YouTube

Stop to smell the roses. Um um good.

Regards

DL
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1444663 wrote: What is you problem friend.

I track the various markers for evil such as poverty, death by violence including war and slavery as the main issues gaging morality here. All of those markers are at the best level we have ever enjoyed.

The sky is definitely not falling and this clip shows how well we are doing.

You might note that we have pulled a full billion out of poverty in the last 20 years and they forecast that we will do the same in the next 20.

Hans Rosling's 200 Countries, 200 Years, 4 Minutes - The Joy of Stats - BBC Four - YouTube

Stop to smell the roses. Um um good.

Regards

DL

Why are you reading, what someone with a problem has to say? I don't read your threads; why are you reading mine?
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Sheesh! What a bunch of negative Nellies you guys are. Mankind is curing diseases, making inroads in genetics, growing more food that ever in history, reaching out to space, and learning to live together as a global community. People, as a race, are better fed, healthier, and less prone to crime and war than ever before in mankind's entire history and still you guys moan and cry.

You should spend more time working and playing with children. You get so wrapped up in your complex lives and so stressed out about details you forget the big picture and begin to focus on the small things that don't matter in the long run.

Go outside, find a playground and swing on a swing set. Right now. Do it.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Saint_;1444676 wrote: Sheesh! What a bunch of negative Nellies you guys are. Mankind is curing diseases, making inroads in genetics, growing more food that ever in history, reaching out to space, and learning to live together as a global community. People, as a race, are better fed, healthier, and less prone to crime and war than ever before in mankind's entire history and still you guys moan and cry.

You should spend more time working and playing with children. You get so wrapped up in your complex lives and so stressed out about details you forget the big picture and begin to focus on the small things that don't matter in the long run.

You might read what I said again and recognize that I am quite positive. That link also shows how well we are doing in the big picture.

Regards

DL
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Saint_;1444676 wrote: Sheesh! What a bunch of negative Nellies you guys are. Mankind is curing diseases, making inroads in genetics, growing more food that ever in history, reaching out to space, and learning to live together as a global community. People, as a race, are better fed, healthier, and less prone to crime and war than ever before in mankind's entire history and still you guys moan and cry.

Your view does not define my view of the future of humanity; I have explained my view, and will continue to do so; it is unfortunate that you cannot see it.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Mickiel;1444670 wrote: Why are you reading, what someone with a problem has to say? I don't read your threads; why are you reading mine?

Proverbs 3:12

For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

nazareth love hurts (1976) - YouTube

If you loved me as I love you, you would read all I write in case I need correction.

Can you imagine how backwards we would all still be if no one corrected those who, like you here, are not thinking right?

Regards

DL
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1444686 wrote: Proverbs 3:12

For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

nazareth love hurts (1976) - YouTube

If you loved me as I love you, you would read all I write in case I need correction.

Can you imagine how backwards we would all still be if no one corrected those who, like you here, are not thinking right?

Regards

DL

I do not love you, and I hold no interest in correcting you.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Mickiel;1444688 wrote: I do not love you, and I hold no interest in correcting you.

:-4
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

What is the world coming too? Well its coming to the conversion of Christians and Atheist and nuetral humans; all are destined to live in one great family forever.

And its not up to any of them!
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

The world is coming to an end;

but the good news is, there is another world coming to replace it!
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

The world is coming to another war that will ruff up the Middle East, bang hard on Israel, and then finally see God introduce himself.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

The world is coming to a Golden Age of Mankind where we will control our genetics and population, make decisions on a planetary basis, abolish poverty and war, and stretch out to the stars.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Some humans are control freaks, and some groups hope that the control of reality is in human hands;

I don't fall for that;

God is in control and this world is in his hands.

And there is absolutely nothing man can do about it.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Mickiel;1445665 wrote: Some humans are control freaks, and some groups hope that the control of reality is in human hands;

Since God works in mysterious ways, how do you know that a golden future for mankind isn't His plan? He is a loving god, after all!

and for that matter, how do you know that everything I wrote isn't His plan? God created man in His own image, that is to say intelligent. Obviously He wants mankind to use that intelligence to push forward against the darkness!
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Saint_;1445663 wrote: The world is coming to a Golden Age of Mankind where we will control our genetics and population, make decisions on a planetary basis, abolish poverty and war, and stretch out to the stars.

I am also a big fan of Star Trek. Though I find "control our genetics and population" problematic in relation to the Prime Directive, I see no logical reason to worry about that here.

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

tude dog;1445706 wrote:

I am also a big fan of Star Trek.

lol! Good one!
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Saint_;1445669 wrote: Since God works in mysterious ways, how do you know that a golden future for mankind isn't His plan? He is a loving god, after all!

and for that matter, how do you know that everything I wrote isn't His plan? God created man in His own image, that is to say intelligent. Obviously He wants mankind to use that intelligence to push forward against the darkness!

It is his plan for us to live in an never ending golden ageless existence, but we won't build it, its being built by him now. I mean your half right, but you just got your " Rathers wrong;" you would" rather "believe that humanity will be the cause of that age. Instead of God.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Mickiel;1445734 wrote: It is his plan for us to live in an never ending golden ageless existence, but we won't build it, its being built by him now. I mean your half right, but you just got your " Rathers wrong;" you would" rather "believe that humanity will be the cause of that age. Instead of God.

Fascinating. You believe, as I do, that God is creating a better world right now. But, strangely, you believe that He is doing so ...somehow...without the participation of Man. I do not believe that mankind will be the creator of the new age, but rather that God is the creator of that age THROUGH mankind.

It's a big difference. You seem to believe that the baseness of man precludes mankind's participation in the greatness of the future. God will bring utopia despite man. While I believe that the spirit of man flows from God and is the basis of that future.

To be brief: God moves through men and women.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Saint_;1445824 wrote: Fascinating. You believe, as I do, that God is creating a better world right now. But, strangely, you believe that He is doing so ...somehow...without the participation of Man. I do not believe that mankind will be the creator of the new age, but rather that God is the creator of that age THROUGH mankind.

It's a big difference. You seem to believe that the baseness of man precludes mankind's participation in the greatness of the future. God will bring utopia despite man. While I believe that the spirit of man flows from God and is the basis of that future.

To be brief: God moves through men and women.

Your right, I do disagree with you. I do not believe God is creating a new age " Through mankind", I believe he is creating it inspite of humanity, without humanitys help, and that humans have absolutely nothing to do with God"s utopia; because that utopia already exist's. It existed before humanity did. Humanity will be born into it as a family, and that family will have nothing to do with creating the spirit society they will inherit.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Mickiel;1445835 wrote: Your right, I do disagree with you. I do not believe God is creating a new age " Through mankind", I believe he is creating it inspite of humanity, without humanitys help, and that humans have absolutely nothing to do with God"s utopia; because that utopia already exist's. It existed before humanity did. Humanity will be born into it as a family, and that family will have nothing to do with creating the spirit society they will inherit.

If I'm right it good for everyone to keep striving to be better and make this world a better place for all.

If you're right, then there's no reason to do anything other than sit on our couches and wait for God to come, since we have no effect on the world.

Your way is negative, my way is positive. I like my way better.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Saint_;1445837 wrote: If I'm right it good for everyone to keep striving to be better and make this world a better place for all.

If you're right, then there's no reason to do anything other than sit on our couches and wait for God to come, since we have no effect on the world.

Your way is negative, my way is positive. I like my way better.

In my view, it does not matter what man does, his destiny is already determined. He does not have any effect on the future God has planned for us all;

such is my view.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”