Now This Is What You Call a Beach!

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

These are all around Cape Town.

"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Beautiful JJ. I was shocked when my first attempt to find the rocky beach led to S. Africa; that's what convinced me to search further, knowing it can't be! Besides, the people looked so miserable!

In the last picture, I'm seeing with my imagination, I guess, I see sharks!

Are there many shark attacks off your beaches?
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

AnneBoleyn;1447825 wrote: Beautiful JJ. I was shocked when my first attempt to find the rocky beach led to S. Africa; that's what convinced me to search further, knowing it can't be! Besides, the people looked so miserable!

In the last picture, I'm seeing with my imagination, I guess, I see sharks!

Are there many shark attacks off your beaches?

Yeah there are a lot of Great Whites around but most shark attacks have been around Durban which is sub-tropical and much warmer than Cape Town ... Even so the ocean is not our domain ...

The sharks you imagine you see are rocks Annie.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

What gorgeous beaches, Jj. Unfortunately there are far too many people for me - I do like a bit of space !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

That last pic, now THAT's my kind of beach.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

jones jones;1447802 wrote: These are all around Cape Town.

This is the beach for Moi! Yep some snorkeling and nude sun bathing....yeah! I know it is not good for my tender skin but it sounds soooooo warm!

especially with it only being 17F degrees here!

Love the images....can't wait to see it in person!
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

Now that's a beach!

Mind you I don't like the beach during the day in hot weather, I burn to a crisp within seconds!

I like it at sunset orso when the tide is out, looking for funny little sea creatures in the rock pools..
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Chloe_88;1447931 wrote: Now that's a beach!

Mind you I don't like the beach during the day in hot weather, I burn to a crisp within seconds!

I like it at sunset orso when the tide is out, looking for funny little sea creatures in the rock pools..

When I was a teenager we used to rub Johnson's Baby oil on our bodies before we went tanning. OMG the damage it must have done while we "fried" in the sun!
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

G#Gill;1447839 wrote: What gorgeous beaches, Jj. Unfortunately there are far too many people for me - I do like a bit of space !

Then I guess you wouldn't have liked it here! Coney Island on July 22, 1940.

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

LarsMac;1447840 wrote: That last pic, now THAT's my kind of beach.

Then you wouldn't have enjoyed being in this Lars! The longest traffic jam in the world recorded in China. Its length is 260 kilometres

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Now this is pretty secluded .... Restaurant on the east coast of Zanzibar. Depending on the tide the restaurant can be reached on foot ... well on wet foot!!

High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

When I was in Cape town I stayed at the hostel on the Kloof Nek. There were white beaches, non-white beaches and nude beaches. In a country that had only had TV for 2 years (because of its bad moral influence) I was shocked to know there were nude beaches anywhere in the RSA.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

High Threshold;1451626 wrote: When I was in Cape town I stayed at the hostel on the Kloof Nek. There were white beaches, non-white beaches and nude beaches. In a country that had only had TV for 2 years (because of its bad moral influence) I was shocked to know there were nude beaches anywhere in the RSA.

I think you must have visited Cape Town maybe around 1978 which is almost 40 years ago. The racial division of beaches and everything else in the RSA ended in the 1980s, even before the ANC came to power.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

jones jones;1451678 wrote: I think you must have visited Cape Town maybe around 1978 ......

Absolutely correct. I lived in Rhodesia during the late 1970's and visited the RSA 77-78.
ladybug83

Post by ladybug83 »

Wow beautiful! I would so love to go there one day!!
brightlikeme

Post by brightlikeme »

wow . The pictures of Beach are fabulous, I loved the way the Hotels were located right at the beach , What a view from the rooms

Return to “Travel Vacation”