Cancer..Dont ya just hate that word

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

4 years ago my youngest son Daniel married a beautiful girl, joined the Army and they had two beautiful children, a boy Tanielu and then a little girl named Leilani.

Daniel was Transferred to Townsville (which is towards the top of Australia ) after his training. Everything was going along really good, we had a lovely visit with them and then when Leilani was 17 months old she started getting tired , vomiting and a slight loss of Balance. She was admitted to hospital and an MRI and Lumber puncture was done.

She had a tumor on the Brain. She had a 14 hour operation to remove the tumor. Results took 3 weeks...Malignant.....She had to be Transferred to Westmead childrens Hospital in Sydney and started the aggressive chemo she needed.

Well she finished her treatment in December and last week had her MRI and LP...and the results.......NED (No Evidence of Disease):guitarist

This cancer can come back so officially she is in remission and will have Mri and Lp every 3 months for the next 2 years then every 6 months then every year till she is 18.

This Saturday is a big Party for Leilani as she kicked cancers butt at the big age of 2years old:-4.....She is now trying hard to learn how to walk again:-4
FOC THREAD PART 1
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Kaylene,

this is GREAT NEWS!

I wish Leilani the best of life and playing and living! She will be walking within 4/5 months....I can feel it!

And to your son and wife I send my best and congrats for hanging in there.

It can not be easy...

Best to you, :yh_hugs

Lady J
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Thank you so much:-4
FOC THREAD PART 1
tabby

Post by tabby »

I think Lady J said it so well! I know your family must be overwhelmed with joy at the latest results and a party seems so fitting! Best wishes to Leilani! :yh_party
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

What a brave little girl !!! I am so thrilled to see a happy ending...

My husband was found to be In the advanced stages of cancer 6 years ago. He was given 9 months to live without surgery. It was In his bowel, bladder, Uretha, everywhere. I was warned he may not even come out of the surgery but the most amazing surgeon got every scrap out and re-plumbed him In a 10 hour op.

6 years on he Is still clear.

So there are success stories even when It looks hopeless.

I hope she loves her big party... she deserves every second.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Leilani is such a beautiful name for a beautiful warrior. May she lead a long, healthy, happy life.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Well done Leilani, what a tough little person you must be ! Well done to all the family for toughing it all out, not easy and no doubt very frightening . A party is a splendid idea - enjoy !!!
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Someone must be watching over her - may she have a long healthy and happy life after the tough start she's had.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

It's not my favourite word either.

But Leilani has proved it's just a word, I wish you all a fabulous party..................next .....worrying about her falling over as she explores the world.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Great News

strong, brave little one.

Congrats to you all - party on ....!

Patsy
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

Kay this is so great to hear! I'm so glad for all of you! :)
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

kayleneaussie;1447758 wrote: 4 years ago my youngest son Daniel married a beautiful girl, joined the Army and they had two beautiful children, a boy Tanielu and then a little girl named Leilani.

Daniel was Transferred to Townsville (which is towards the top of Australia ) after his training. Everything was going along really good, we had a lovely visit with them and then when Leilani was 17 months old she started getting tired , vomiting and a slight loss of Balance. She was admitted to hospital and an MRI and Lumber puncture was done.

She had a tumor on the Brain. She had a 14 hour operation to remove the tumor. Results took 3 weeks...Malignant.....She had to be Transferred to Westmead childrens Hospital in Sydney and started the aggressive chemo she needed.

Well she finished her treatment in December and last week had her MRI and LP...and the results.......NED (No Evidence of Disease):guitarist

This cancer can come back so officially she is in remission and will have Mri and Lp every 3 months for the next 2 years then every 6 months then every year till she is 18.

This Saturday is a big Party for Leilani as she kicked cancers butt at the big age of 2years old:-4.....She is now trying hard to learn how to walk again:-4

I was going to catch up at one point and ask how she was doing. :) ....I'm so happy of this news for you all. She's a little sweety.
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Yes she is a little cutie...she is on a special formula to fatten her up and her eyebrows have grown back cant wait to see her hair grow back but she suits the bald head...Fuzzy i have had lots drop off my friends list of FB for some reason so u can add me again as i cant find you:confused:
FOC THREAD PART 1
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Well Leilani has started walking by herself yesterday.Arms up to keep her balance and off she goes with a big grin on her face then down she goes...tears of joy fill my eyes to see the progress she is now making:-4:guitarist
FOC THREAD PART 1
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Leilani is booked in for tomorrow to get her main line out. What a relief it will be as she has pulled it out once so have to put her in an all in one suit, always the worry of infection and will now be able to splash around in the bath and go swimming:guitarist
FOC THREAD PART 1
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

kayleneaussie;1448688 wrote: Yes she is a little cutie...she is on a special formula to fatten her up and her eyebrows have grown back cant wait to see her hair grow back but she suits the bald head...Fuzzy i have had lots drop off my friends list of FB for some reason so u can add me again as i cant find you:confused:

Oh I ditched FB , I've gone back but very selective now. Yeah I'll find you again. I still remember those lovely wedding pics. There were a couple of people who had also friended my mum but I'm not sure if you were one of them. I'll check, otherwise just message me your username on Fb and I'll find you .

Return to “General Chit Chat”