The Year in Video at Saint's School 2014

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

I just finished my annual graduation video that will be shown on a 30 meter screen at graduation. I am especially proud of some of the new trick I pulled this year such as the superimposed images and the fall from orbit. See what you think. (Note: The teacher in the "We stand We rise" scene died from cancer this year. She was a good friend.)

Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Saint I watched your video and very well done! You did a great job with your special effects!

But even more important is the excellent work you have done with these children. They all seem happy and health (even if there is quite a rave with the piercings :lips:)

Kudos to you for your day-in day-out teaching, leading and supporting them :guitarist

I do have one question....what was with the guy duct taped to the wall?

Lady J
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Lady J;1453499 wrote: what was with the guy duct taped to the wall?

He was a teacher. he volunteered to be taped to the wall to raise money for leukemia. It was a part of our "Pennies for Patients" fundraiser. People paid one dollar for a piece of tape to stick to him. The idea was that he would stay up on the wall when we pulled out the chair. It didn't work, but it raised lots of money.

The piercing thing arises from the fact that we are an "alternative school." That's basically a safety net for children of drug-addicted parents, incarcerated parents, children with behavior disorders, learning disabilities, or health problems. We are also a credit recovery school for students who fell behind in their education and need to graduate. (One student lost a year of school to donate a kidney to his grandfather.) We also take students who just got lost in the ocean of students at the bigger high schools, or wanted to escape bullying or the gangs.

We're an educational M.A.S.H. unit, an ER for a school system, or maybe just an Island of Misfit Toys.

Which, I guess, makes me King Moonracer.:yh_eyebro
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

You are my latest hero.

It has to be the most stressful, frustrating, soul destroying and yet satisfying occupations for anyone.

You are a Saint.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

God I don't even know these kids and I began tearing up .............that's a great vid and what beautiful teenagers. Waltzing Matilda very fitting..............lovely . Good luck to them all.

And not a bad looker you are there Saint. :)
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Bruv;1453529 wrote: You are my latest hero.

It has to be the most stressful, frustrating, soul destroying and yet satisfying occupations for anyone.

That's quite possibly the most apt description I've ever heard. Thanks.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

When does the school year end over there?
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

fuzzywuzzy;1453539 wrote:

And not a bad looker you are there Saint. :)

lo. How do you even know which one in the video is me?
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Fantastic Saint.

Someone always told me that the best teachers are the one's who's names you remember to your grave. In my case, God Bless Reginald Webster but I bet that's true of your students... you'll be remembered.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Oscar Mate;1453627 wrote: Fantastic Saint.

Someone always told me that the best teachers are the one's who's names you remember to your grave. In my case, God Bless Reginald Webster but I bet that's true of your students... you'll be remembered.

How true, for me it's "God Bless Woody Woodrum!" He was my horticulture teacher, and although he seemed tough and crotchety, he was really very nice, took us on neighborhood field trips all the time to discuss local foliage and trees, and he ALWAYS PLAYED MUSIC while we were working. (I do that now too!)
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Saint_;1453611 wrote: lo. How do you even know which one in the video is me?

The good looking one ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Oh, Ok...you do know.

Return to “Photography More”