Chinese Food Take-out

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Chinese Food Take-out

Post by Oscar Namechange »

It really Is the greatest export to the Western World eh ?

We're very lucky to have a choice of very good one's who all deliver quicker than you can warm your plates.

What's your favourite dish ?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
AnneBoleyn

Chinese Food Take-out

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Chinese Black Mushrooms. Orgasmic.
Oscar Namechange

Chinese Food Take-out

AnneBoleyn;1454467 wrote: Chinese Black Mushrooms. Orgasmic. Oh yes... for me, sticky barbeque ribs
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
AnneBoleyn

Chinese Food Take-out

Post by AnneBoleyn »

& I love Chow Fun, the wide noodles with the veg. I love duck.

You know oscar, I love Chinese and Italian. In Italy I didn't have one bad meal. I like food. Yum.
Oscar Namechange

Chinese Food Take-out

AnneBoleyn;1454476 wrote: & I love Chow Fun, the wide noodles with the veg. I love duck.

You know oscar, I love Chinese and Italian. In Italy I didn't have one bad meal. I like food. Yum. I adore Italian. We have a very very good one In Bristol but very expensive. They do a sea food platter that makes me think I've died and gone to heaven Including Shark meat. My husband treats me when he can. If he needs to suck up to me, he will go and fetch me fresh Sushi from town also nom nom nom
AnneBoleyn

Chinese Food Take-out

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I've never had shark. How would you describe the taste? How was it prepared? Actually, I don't eat anything that swims or crawls in water. Floating, like duck or geese, is ok. That's my standard & I'm stupidly sticking to it.
Oscar Namechange

Chinese Food Take-out

AnneBoleyn;1454481 wrote: I've never had shark. How would you describe the taste? How was it prepared? Actually, I don't eat anything that swims or crawls in water. Floating, like duck or geese, is ok. That's my standard & I'm stupidly sticking to it. A bad Shark steak can have a taste of Amonia. You can pan fry It but I prefer It Grilled. It's a very meaty, thick texture similar to Salmon but with a stronger fish taste. I like mine rare... 3 mins either side under the grill.
Bruv

Chinese Food Take-out

Post by Bruv »

AnneBoleyn;1454467 wrote: Chinese Black Mushrooms. Orgasmic.

Did you mean wild mushrooms?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
AnneBoleyn

Chinese Food Take-out

Post by AnneBoleyn »

No. Black mushrooms are actually black, they are huge & round & dried up. They are cultivated on farms. They have become very expensive.

Very chewy, very beefy.
Bruv

Chinese Food Take-out

Post by Bruv »

AnneBoleyn;1454514 wrote: No. Black mushrooms are actually black, they are huge & round & dried up. They are cultivated on farms. They have become very expensive.

Very chewy, very beefy.
It was a pun on the word orgasmic.......organic......it must be the way I tell em.
fuzzywuzzy

Chinese Food Take-out

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

you're a worry
Bruv

Chinese Food Take-out

Post by Bruv »

fuzzywuzzy;1454530 wrote: you're a worry

Moi ?
fuzzywuzzy

Chinese Food Take-out

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I like all chinese food. and I'm partial to Singapore noodles for lunch............or Thai .......can't decide. All I know is that you can't eat Asian that's been cooked to western taste buds......it's revolting when they do that.
AnneBoleyn

Chinese Food Take-out

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bruv;1454528 wrote: It was a pun on the word orgasmic.......organic......it must be the way I tell em.

I literally find them orgasmic. My whole body shakes & quivers. Sometimes, I even sweat!

PS--I know I have screamed in delight!! I'm fun to be with.
fuzzywuzzy

Chinese Food Take-out

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

AnneBoleyn;1454535 wrote: I literally find them orgasmic. My whole body shakes & quivers. Sometimes, I even sweat!

PS--I know I have screamed in delight!! I'm fun to be with.

You sure they're the right mushrooms?
AnneBoleyn

Chinese Food Take-out

Post by AnneBoleyn »

They are the rightest of mushrooms, the most right. That "other" kind tastes like pooh. 'But if you don't get beat you got yourself a trip.'
Lady J

Chinese Food Take-out

Post by Lady J »

Shrimp with lobster sauce and steamed veggie dumplings. The ginger soy sauce they serve with the dumplings is a perfect touch. :)
Oscar Namechange

Chinese Food Take-out

fuzzywuzzy;1454533 wrote: I like all chinese food. and I'm partial to Singapore noodles for lunch............or Thai .......can't decide. All I know is that you can't eat Asian that's been cooked to western taste buds......it's revolting when they do that. My brother has recently come back from The Philippines and Thailand and he'd agree with you now.

He was telling me In the Philippines after his stay, he took his host family out for a meal as a Thank you In one of the better resturants In Manila.... 14 of them.... 5 course meal...£38....

That says a lot about the Westernisation of exotic food.

I pay £38 for a blow out just for two of us.

Chinese Food Take-out

Post by 911 »

Oscar Sellotape;1454478 wrote: I adore Italian. We have a very very good one In Bristol but very expensive. They do a sea food platter that makes me think I've died and gone to heaven. Including Shark meat. My husband treats me when he can. If he needs to suck up to me, he will go and fetch me fresh Sushi from town also nom nom nom

Sometimes scallops are made of shark meat. I don't care for scallops so I can't tell the difference but a lot of people can.

I love General Tso's chicken! And their veggies but without mushrooms!
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
fuzzywuzzy

Chinese Food Take-out

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

GOOD GOD !!!! where'd you spring from ? Welcome back.
Oscar Namechange

Chinese Food Take-out

911;1455017 wrote: Sometimes scallops are made of shark meat. I don't care for scallops so I can't tell the difference but a lot of people can.

I love General Tso's chicken! And their veggies but without mushrooms!

Cooking at home, I buy my Scollops fresh with the Roe still attached. Best way of knowing.... however, I could tell the difference.

Chinese Food Take-out

Post by 911 »

fuzzywuzzy;1455028 wrote: GOOD GOD !!!! where'd you spring from ? Welcome back.

HEY!

How are you?!

It has been more than a minute, huh?:-6
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West

Return to “General Chit Chat”