Just us two..

Chloe_88

Just us two..

Post by Chloe_88 »

Just us two.. now what's wrong with that?

I'm talking about a choice of growing old with an OH, without having children.

I don't like children. I never have and never will.

I have no desire to have any, at any time during my existence.

They smell, are sticky, annoying, want silly things, scream and so on.

I hate my future mother-in-law for constantly saying: you are way too young, it will come. I am going to be 26, in not super healthy state and I like the life we have as it is. People keep looking at me when I tell them I have no desire to have children, as if to say: is there something wrong with you?!?!

Why? I like my life the way it is, thank you. With my (many) pets, my OH, our fairly large house and spending our time the way we want to. I don't see anything wrong with that?

Why do people feel the need to tell you that you must have children? What is wrong with "just us two" ?

Oh and mother-in-law already has 2 grandchildren so she's not missing out in any way :wah:
Lady J

Just us two..

Post by Lady J »

Hi Chloe,

First question....what is an OH? Other human?

Next and being serious. I am without children and all my life I knew I never wanted to have children. I thought they would be too much responsibility ... I mean raising a child is serious, important business; especially in this day. Reckon I just didn't want to fail...even thou I doubt I would have.

On the other hand, I wanted to be a successful and independent woman.

Well I have achieved both of my goals. No children and I am successful and live in a very nice home and for the most part I am happy....but now as I grow a bit older then you I (almost) wish I had a child. Just a growing part of life I missed out on.

You are still young so never ever say never....remember hind sight is blind.

besides, I think all mother-in-laws are just that - Mothers who have had children.
valerie

Just us two..

Post by valerie »

I've known since I was about age 18 I never wanted any children,

never regretted not having any and never changed my mind.

BUT... I have a woman in my life who is like a daughter to me, and

I happily call her son my grandson. So, I guess I got the best of

both worlds?
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

FourPart

Just us two..

Post by FourPart »

I think I always fancied the idea of a little Quarter Part, but I never got to meet a suitable partner who I could make a lifetime commitment with, and know I see myself as being too old. Although I'm fully aware that men remain fertile all their lives - well into their 90s, if they've still got the energy, but I'd be more concerned about being an Exceptionally Aged 'P'. A kid having an aging pensioner for a Father just isn't right.
Chloe_88

Just us two..

Post by Chloe_88 »

OH - other half.. Although not married, we want to because we own a house together and if something would happen to one of us now, half of everything would go to the deceased family and not to the your other half.

anyway, kids are not for me. Besides my parents had a rule, not kids after 30 so they would still be young and fit when we were growing up. I think that was a great rule, as well because my mum got very ill in my teens and I took on quite a few household tasks.

back to the point: OH will be 30 in January and I will be 26 in November. So in my eyes time is running out and never have we had a so called clock starting to tick. The only thing I find difficult is that apart from OH, my mum & dad are the only one who accept our choices. We can design our life the way we want, so why not.

other reasons for not having kids: I believe the world is already overpopulated and I hate to think what earth would be like in 50 years time.

FourPart, I see what your saying. A friend at school (about 10 years ago) was about 15 and her dad was 70 something. She loved her parents but found it difficult when people would think he was her grandad. Besides when she was little he didn't have much energy, so she felt left out in a way.
Chloe_88

Just us two..

Post by Chloe_88 »

valerie;1456740 wrote: I've known since I was about age 18 I never wanted any children,

never regretted not having any and never changed my mind.

BUT... I have a woman in my life who is like a daughter to me, and

I happily call her son my grandson. So, I guess I got the best of

both worlds?

I guess you did Valerie!
Victoria

Just us two..

Post by Victoria »

This is your mother...putting my two pennyworth in...

This is your life your body your time and you should make the choices you want... Together with his majesty of course...

Other people mean well but they have no idea how you are on the inside. They cannot expect you to live your life for thier enjoyment or entertainment.

So you take a stand girl, do what you feel is right and tell the rest to bu66er off...

Dad and I love you no matter what... xxxx
Betty Boop

Just us two..

Post by Betty Boop »

I'm with your Mother, tell them to burger off!

I have friends in the same boat as you, just be prepared for the fact people will just constantly ask, even strangers! They even get faced with with a condescending 'oh you'll change your mind one day'.

I also have friends who can't physically have children, have been through IVF, failed and have also considered adoption. They have chosen not to adopt and are constantly met with 'oh no children yet' from strangers which is particularly hurtful when the answer is 'I can't' but do others step back and refrain from asking the question? Sadly no!

I do wish people would stop and think before asking what could potentially be a very painful question and stop meddling in other peoples lives.

Society as a whole needs to learn to stop being so nosey about others personal choices.
Chloe_88

Just us two..

Post by Chloe_88 »

Victoria;1456758 wrote: This is your mother...putting my two pennyworth in...

This is your life your body your time and you should make the choices you want... Together with his majesty of course...

Other people mean well but they have no idea how you are on the inside. They cannot expect you to live your life for thier enjoyment or entertainment.

So you take a stand girl, do what you feel is right and tell the rest to bu66er off...

Dad and I love you no matter what... xxxx

Jikes! It's mum on the forum! :wah:

thanks mum :)
Chloe_88

Just us two..

Post by Chloe_88 »

Betty Boop;1456760 wrote: I'm with your Mother, tell them to burger off!

I have friends in the same boat as you, just be prepared for the fact people will just constantly ask, even strangers! They even get faced with with a condescending 'oh you'll change your mind one day'.

I also have friends who can't physically have children, have been through IVF, failed and have also considered adoption. They have chosen not to adopt and are constantly met with 'oh no children yet' from strangers which is particularly hurtful when the answer is 'I can't' but do others step back and refrain from asking the question? Sadly no!

I do wish people would stop and think before asking what could potentially be a very painful question and stop meddling in other peoples lives.

Society as a whole needs to learn to stop being so nosey about others personal choices.

very true and thank you Betty!

Besides we don't have room for children.. As one bedroom is occupied by our snakes, and the other by Charlie ( budgie). Downstairs is the terrain of our cats, aquarium and guinea pigs. I'm planning on being an old cat lady ! :wah:
Oscar Namechange

Just us two..

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I believe one of the most Important basis's for having a well minded, balanced child Is that child knowing he/she was planned and wanted.

There seems to be a train of thought that the natural procession Is marriage and then automatically, children wether you are ready or not. I commend you for putting so much thought Into It.

I have an aversion to the type of woman who believes that because she's had children, then there has to e something wrong with those who don't.

The type of woman on Facebook documenting every waking moment of their childs life, every drawing, every time they've dunked a biscuit because they think the world Is oh so bloody Interested.

The moment they have a child, It's almost as though their life has ended and actually believe that those women without children have no life and can't possibly be fulfilled.

It's an arrogance I find rather off putting In some women. Then of course, the Irony Is their marriage breaks down and then they are whining about how tough It Is being a single Mum.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Saint_

Just us two..

Post by Saint_ »

I never had children either. I have a thirty year old son, who is the child of his previous father, but my wife was never able to bear children since I before I married her. I don't feel I missed much. I have two wonderful grandchildren and that's enough.

Besides....I've raised over 10,000 children who aren't mine by this point in my life. I guess I got as much of being with children as I would ever need....
LarsMac

Just us two..

Post by LarsMac »

Chloe_88;1456762 wrote: very true and thank you Betty!

Besides we don't have room for children.. As one bedroom is occupied by our snakes, and the other by Charlie ( budgie). Downstairs is the terrain of our cats, aquarium and guinea pigs. I'm planning on being an old cat lady ! :wah:

Just tell them, "But my snakes ARE my children."

That should at least by you time for a quick exit.

And may send the MIL into apoplexy.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Chloe_88

Just us two..

Post by Chloe_88 »

To be honest, I didn't expect so many supportive replies.

There must be more to life than marriage, being a baby making machine and then becoming a wrinkle saurus ( = very old person :wah: ).

And i'm going to find out :wah:
Chloe_88

Just us two..

Post by Chloe_88 »

LarsMac;1456819 wrote: Just tell them, "But my snakes ARE my children."

I have told people I have 4 fluffy kids (cats). I'll give the snake one a go next time! :wah:
Bruv

Just us two..

Post by Bruv »

Chloe_88;1456716 wrote: Just us two.. now what's wrong with that?

I don't like children. I never have and never will.

They smell, are sticky, annoying, want silly things, scream and so on.

You can't keep animals and talk of smelly sticky children derogatorily.

I do however respect your choice not to have children.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Chloe_88

Just us two..

Post by Chloe_88 »

Bruv;1456910 wrote: You can't keep animals and talk of smelly sticky children derogatorily.

I do however respect your choice not to have children.

my cats don't smell, are not sticky and don't scream.

it's my opinion of children and I'm entitled to have an opinion.
recovering conservative

Just us two..

Post by recovering conservative »

Chloe_88;1456897 wrote: To be honest, I didn't expect so many supportive replies.

There must be more to life than marriage, being a baby making machine and then becoming a wrinkle saurus ( = very old person :wah: ).

And i'm going to find out :wah:
I'm with you Chloe....and I wouldn't want to cross your mum either!

Looking at the big picture, there's over 7 billion people in the world and counting, so the people who don't have children are doing those of who do have kids, a big favour. Somebody needs to get the message out to the fundamentalists that women can do more things that making babies, so pregnancy should be optional/not compulsory...like it is in some extremely overcrowded and unhealthy places in the world today!
Bruv

Just us two..

Post by Bruv »

Chloe_88;1456927 wrote: my cats don't smell, are not sticky and don't scream.

it's my opinion of children and I'm entitled to have an opinion.

All animals smell, trust me.

You are entitled to your opinion, never said anything against that.
AnneBoleyn

Just us two..

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Your choices are your business & no one else's. You're a good person. That's good enough for me.
Saint_

Just us two..

Post by Saint_ »

lol. I'm sitting in a room with 37 teenagers, two of which have come over to me with runny noses and sneezed on me. I have to laugh a bit seeing the feelings in this thread toward children. But they have some very redeeming qualities too. Two of them have shown awe and wonder at new concepts they never knew and eight of them went bouncing down the hall a moment ago stating that they were "way ahead on their studies" and that they needed to go to the mall and get outside and live their lives. A good reminder to me to do that myself later. (living, that is...not going to the mall.)
LarsMac

Just us two..

Post by LarsMac »

Oh, I agree. Kids are great, for a while, but then you can hand them back over to their parents and move on.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Just us two..

Post by FourPart »

I've never been that much in favour of £millions being spent on IVF & associated research when the planet is already grossly over populated.

There are thousands of kids in desperate need of being adopted into loving homes.
Oscar Namechange

Just us two..

FourPart;1456995 wrote: I've never been that much in favour of £millions being spent on IVF & associated research when the planet is already grossly over populated.

There are thousands of kids in desperate need of being adopted into loving homes. I've had IVF... now you explain to me why I do not have a right to bear my own child?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
LarsMac

Just us two..

Post by LarsMac »

Oscar Namechange;1457000 wrote: I've had IVF... now you explain to me why I do not have a right to bear my own child?

Nobody said anything about rights.

Are you just out to pick a fight, today?
- DH Lawrence
Saint_

Just us two..

Post by Saint_ »

Oscar Namechange;1457000 wrote: I've had IVF... now you explain to me why I do not have a right to bear my own child?

Your DNA is defective. Just look at your username....
Saint_

Just us two..

Post by Saint_ »

LarsMac;1456992 wrote: Oh, I agree. Kids are great, for a while, but then you can hand them back over to their parents and move on.

Amen, brother. It's the only way I've stayed sane....
Oscar Namechange

Just us two..

LarsMac;1457001 wrote: Nobody said anything about rights.

Are you just out to pick a fight, today? Not t all but comments such as:

I've never been that much in favour of £millions being spent on IVF & associated research when the planet is already grossly over populated.

Grossly Insensitive to any woman who can not have children..

That's a bit like someone saying ' I object to millions spent on cancer research to prolong life when the planet Is grossly over populated.
LarsMac

Just us two..

Post by LarsMac »

Oscar Namechange;1457005 wrote: Not t all but comments such as:

Grossly Insensitive to any woman who can not have children..

That's a bit like someone saying ' I object to millions spent on cancer research to prolong life when the planet Is grossly over populated.

Perhaps, but his opinion does not infringe on your "right to bear my own child"

I don't recall that "right" being on the list, though.

Nevertheless, both of you are off topic.

If you want to talk about IVF y'all can start your own thread.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

Just us two..

LarsMac;1457007 wrote: Perhaps, but his opinion does not infringe on your "right to bear my own child"

I don't recall that "right" being on the list, though.

Nevertheless, both of you are off topic.

If you want to talk about IVF y'all can start your own thread. We have a member here who hasn't posted for a while but some years ago she'd post her utter misery at not being able to conceive naturally. She still looks In as a guest and why such a comment Is deeply Insensitive.

But yes, back to topic...
Chloe_88

Just us two..

Post by Chloe_88 »

Bruv;1456935 wrote: All animals smell, trust me.

You are entitled to your opinion, never said anything against that.

actually my cats dont. everybody who walks in this house would never have guessed we had pets. mother-in-law when she walked in the first time, couldn't believe it, she couldn't smell pets. Now she has the worst type of OCD i've seen. She will ask people for a duster so she can dust their pictures!

A lot of pets can smell, it's a matter of what you feed your pets and hygiene measures of course.

Kids stay sticky in my opinion :wah:
Oscar Namechange

Just us two..

Chloe_88;1457009 wrote: actually my cats dont. everybody who walks in this house would never have guessed we had pets. mother-in-law when she walked in the first time, couldn't believe it, she couldn't smell pets. Now she has the worst type of OCD i've seen. She will ask people for a duster so she can dust their pictures!

A lot of pets can smell, it's a matter of what you feed your pets and hygiene measures of course.

Kids stay sticky in my opinion :wah: My cats have hygiene shaves that costs me £60 a throw.

It makes me laugh when I see pictures Mums post of their kid throwing their food around and apparently It's cute. Yet my cat having a clinger on his botty Is apparently disgusting to some.
LarsMac

Just us two..

Post by LarsMac »

One of my granddaughters decided at an early age that she did not want to have children.

She got those kinds of comments, like, "you'll change your mind one day."

Or, "wait until you're a mother. Then you'll see."

Well, as it happens, something did, happen, and she is now a mother. She STILL does not want to have children.

Fortunately, she has accepted her fate, and is a good mother. but she made the doctors fix her plumbing, so she hopefully will not have any more.
- DH Lawrence
Chloe_88

Just us two..

Post by Chloe_88 »

Saint_;1456989 wrote: lol. I'm sitting in a room with 37 teenagers, two of which have come over to me with runny noses and sneezed on me. I have to laugh a bit seeing the feelings in this thread toward children. But they have some very redeeming qualities too. Two of them have shown awe and wonder at new concepts they never knew and eight of them went bouncing down the hall a moment ago stating that they were "way ahead on their studies" and that they needed to go to the mall and get outside and live their lives. A good reminder to me to do that myself later. (living, that is...not going to the mall.)

Ieeeek! Runny noses! Yuk! I'll leave you to see their redeeming qualities, you seem to do a better job than me :wah:

Oscar, I believe you can have IVF if that's what you need and want. I think FourPart just ment as there are many adoptable children, then why not adopt. Although adoption rules are very strict. And again you have the choice to do what you want. It's your body, your choice. I'm just saying I don't think FourPart was particularly having a go or whatever at people who have had/are having IVF.Anyway that's how I read his post ..
Chloe_88

Just us two..

Post by Chloe_88 »

Oscar Namechange;1457011 wrote: My cats have hygiene shaves that costs me £60 a throw.

It makes me laugh when I see pictures Mums post of their kid throwing their food around and apparently It's cute. Yet my cat having a clinger on his botty Is apparently disgusting to some.

:wah: that reminds me of your anus shave post! :wah:

EDIT: well not yours personally! haha!
Oscar Namechange

Just us two..

Chloe_88;1457013 wrote: Ieeeek! Runny noses! Yuk! I'll leave you to see their redeeming qualities, you seem to do a better job than me :wah:

Oscar, I believe you can have IVF if that's what you need and want. I think FourPart just ment as there are many adoptable children, then why not adopt. Although adoption rules are very strict. And again you have the choice to do what you want. It's your body, your choice. I'm just saying I don't think FourPart was particularly having a go or whatever at people who have had/are having IVF.Anyway that's how I read his post ..

You raised some good points there. My nephew's wife had to have an emergency hysterectomy at just 22 years old. So they applied to adopt. First of all, was the checks Including If their mortgage was up to date. They were on the waiting list 6 years before they got baby Jack. It Is just not that simple to adopt. There are age restrictions, accomodation restrictions, background restrictions, ethnic restrictions and so on. In short, they have to meet sometimes an Impossible criteria that those bearing their own children don't. The very worst people can produce children.

Also to say to any woman, well, just adopt. I'm sure some will take this the wrong way and I don't mean It In a nasty way but why should any woman take someone else's mistake. Why shouldn't there be research to help women who can't have children? The problem of all the children In care Is not lack of willing adopters but the recklessness of those who dump their kids In care and opt out. How about we address that as a society?
Chloe_88

Just us two..

Post by Chloe_88 »

Oscar Namechange;1457016 wrote: You raised some good points there. My nephew's wife had to have an emergency hysterectomy at just 22 years old. So they applied to adopt. First of all, was the checks Including If their mortgage was up to date. They were on the waiting list 6 years before they got baby Jack. It Is just not that simple to adopt. There are age restrictions, accomodation restrictions, background restrictions, ethnic restrictions and so on. In short, they have to meet sometimes an Impossible criteria that those bearing their own children don't. The very worst people can produce children.

Also to say to any woman, well, just adopt. I'm sure some will take this the wrong way and I don't mean It In a nasty way but why should any woman take someone else's mistake. Why shouldn't there be research to help women who can't have children? The problem of all the children In care Is not lack of willing adopters but the recklessness of those who dump their kids In care and opt out. How about we address that as a society?

My point exactly. Just because I really don't like children, doesn't mean I believe they can go without a mum & dad, like you said kids get dumped and then it is made almost impossible to adopt!

Oscar Namechange;1457016 wrote: I'm sure some will take this the wrong way and I don't mean It In a nasty way but why should any woman take someone else's mistake.
Thats how I feel about pets (going back to the fluffy topic), I always end up with others mistakes. adorable mistakes, but mistakes with baggage. A whole lot of baggage.
Oscar Namechange

Just us two..

Chloe_88;1457017 wrote: My point exactly. Just because I really don't like children, doesn't mean I believe they can go without a mum & dad, like you said kids get dumped and then it is made almost impossible to adopt!

Thats how I feel about pets (going back to the fluffy topic), I always end up with others mistakes. adorable mistakes, but mistakes with baggage. A whole lot of baggage.

Another reason I commend you on putting so much thought Into It, Is also the fact that some women and I stress, some, will get pregnant to entrap a man or prop up a failing marriage. The child then ends up ultimately In a bitter custody battle or In the middle of a volatile relationship..

My house Is also full of rejects of the furbaby kind...

I think some women are just naturally more maternal than others. I'm not the least bit maternal. I find nothing cute In vomit, food splatter, snot and nappies.
High Threshold

Just us two..

Post by High Threshold »

Most women want children without really knowing why. Yes, I know all about hormones and biological, ticking clocks. Men, on the other hand, have no idea how wonderful having children can be until they suddenly have them. It's similar to wanting to be sucessful in a career but far more rewarding in personal investment.
High Threshold

Just us two..

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1457023 wrote: ..... some women ..... will get pregnant to entrap a man or prop up a failing marriage. The child then ends up ultimately In a bitter custody battle or In the middle of a volatile relationship..

Yes. It's happened to me. Her father always said having a baby was the cure-alll and suddenly my wife "missed one pill" and we had a child. We got divorced anyway. I married again.

Relationship failure, seems to me, is often one or both unwilling to look life straight into the eye. Too many unrealistic expectations. My wife and I are enjoying life beyond what I thought was ever possible. There are 22 years between us, I'm 67 and we have a son who's turned 7-years-old today! We take life for what it is and it's a surprise to even me how tolerant I've become. We love one another, we love life, and it's our boy who makes it that way.
Chloe_88

Just us two..

Post by Chloe_88 »

Oscar Namechange;1457023 wrote: I think some women are just naturally more maternal than others. I'm not the least bit maternal. I find nothing cute In vomit, food splatter, snot and nappies.

True. And not to offend (she might pop up again :wah: ) but my mum isn't very maternal. Great mum but we had to keep up and adapt. No pee pee's and poo poo's, body parts were referred to by the correct names, no I want! I want! always please and thank you.

Because of saying please, thank you and not sitting down before asked at a friends house, I was classed as being a bit "stupid" when I did a test at primary school to determine what level of schooling I was going to follow at secondary school. Mother was the first to be up the school and complain. She managed to bump me up a level. I bumped most classes up another 2 levels when arriving at secondary school.

Why was I classed as a "not very intelligent" person? Because I was too polite (basically too grown up) according to school standards.

My point (after rattling on): even not very maternal mums make great mums, maybe even the best! By making me adapt to "grown up" life, I'm (if I may say so) a fairly intelligent young lady with a strong opinion but still with a heart for other humans & animals. Maybe some other mums "over mother" their children these days? I don't know.
Chloe_88

Just us two..

Post by Chloe_88 »

High Threshold;1457027 wrote: We love one another, we love life, and it's our boy who makes it that way.

Well as you know not my choice of life events, but I love that you have found someone to love, you love life and your son. Congrats with his 7th birthday! :yh_party
High Threshold

Just us two..

Post by High Threshold »

Thank you!
recovering conservative

Just us two..

Post by recovering conservative »

I just want to mention on this "cats and/or other animals smelling...being unsanitary etc." theme mentioned previously, that the first thing I got after I moved out on my own was a pet cat, and after getting married and buying our first house, we added a dog, and over the years, have averaged one dog and one cat in our household as family members....oh, and we have two boys also...one still lives at home with us.

What the germ fanatics are missing in their concern about pets spreading diseases is that converging statistical analyses from a number of sources have been informing us that hyper-cleanliness is a strong correlative factor in autoimmune diseases in children! So, if you want to lessen the odds that your baby will develop allergies and possibly even conditions like autism, get a dog or a cat!

The animals that are spreading diseases to us are the ones we keep for food and dairy products...not our pets!

Unrelated story, but the mystery of why native North Americans were devastated by the diseases introduced to the 'New World' by Europeans is mostly a story of entire populations that practiced horticulture and hunting, but never added herding and stock-raising of animals to their dinner menu.

Unrelated again, but if you live in a neighbourhood with a relatively large Muslim population, you have to deal as politely as possible with the ridiculous phobia of dogs (considered unclean animals) in their religion and culture. So, Muslim mothers of young children will pull their children to them and act like the plague is walking towards them as you walk past with a dog as harmless and inoffensive as a Shia Tzu on a leash! This could open up the whole issue of religious purity customs having no relation to actual hygiene or awareness of germ theory, so I'll leave it there and open that discussion on another thread if it's of anyone's interest.
Chloe_88

Just us two..

Post by Chloe_88 »

Just a comment on that:

when my uncle's kid was over, my mothers sister in law kept yelling at the dog. keep IT away!

when she was out, my mum let the dog snif the baby and lick his feet. :wah:

she washed the childs feet after, but guess what! he never got sick or died from being licked by a dog!
Oscar Namechange

Just us two..

recovering conservative;1457037 wrote:

Unrelated again, but if you live in a neighbourhood with a relatively large Muslim population, you have to deal as politely as possible with the ridiculous phobia of dogs (considered unclean animals) in their religion and culture. So, Muslim mothers of young children will pull their children to them and act like the plague is walking towards them as you walk past with a dog as harmless and inoffensive as a Shia Tzu on a leash! This could open up the whole issue of religious purity customs having no relation to actual hygiene or awareness of germ theory, so I'll leave it there and open that discussion on another thread if it's of anyone's interest.

It depends... some Muslims are Ok with dogs. We have close Muslim friends, In fact, one's just left my house. Some Muslims even keep dogs but they are kept outside the house. When our friends call, out of respect, I do put the dogs In the back yard until they have gone. It's not that they think my dogs are dirty. They know us well enough to know all my dogs and cats are vaccinated, wormed, micro-chipped, groomed, bathed etc... It's just a different culture to some Muslims who have just not known life with dogs Inside the house. It tends to be the more fanatical who takes the holy word on dogs to the extreme.
Oscar Namechange

Just us two..

Chloe_88;1457039 wrote: Just a comment on that:

when my uncle's kid was over, my mothers sister in law kept yelling at the dog. keep IT away!

when she was out, my mum let the dog snif the baby and lick his feet. :wah:

she washed the childs feet after, but guess what! he never got sick or died from being licked by a dog! During Victorian times, Pit Bull's were known as the Nanny dogs. They cared for the babies, licks and all.
Bruv

Just us two..

Post by Bruv »

Right then lets make my stance very clear.

Best of luck to you for following your own life Chloe_88, it is entirely your choice and I have no reason to object what so ever.

I have no phobias about animal cleanliness or any illusions concerning snotty noses and other baby secretions.

Babies have an aroma, all animals have an aroma, most homes take on an aroma that the full time residents get used to and fail to notice.

There is an industry built around creating or blocking smells, many homes and their occupants use them.
Chloe_88

Just us two..

Post by Chloe_88 »

Oscar Namechange;1457040 wrote: It depends... some Muslims are Ok with dogs. We have close Muslim friends, In fact, one's just left my house. Some Muslims even keep dogs but they are kept outside the house. When our friends call, out of respect, I do put the dogs In the back yard until they have gone. It's not that they think my dogs are dirty. They know us well enough to know all my dogs and cats are vaccinated, wormed, micro-chipped, groomed, bathed etc... It's just a different culture to some Muslims who have just not known life with dogs Inside the house. It tends to be the more fanatical who takes the holy word on dogs to the extreme.

True, some are okay with it, some aren't. But I must say I now have a rule in this house (for everybody, every colour, every religion) : you don't like my pets, you know where the door is! But I will stick to your rules when at your house.
Saint_

Just us two..

Post by Saint_ »

You know we have a serious problem around here with feral and stray dogs. The Native Americans believe that dogs, cats, goats, sheep, and all other animals are a part of nature and should be allowed to "roam free." (They also believe this about their children to a certain extent.)

Mother says Upper Fruitland neighborhood not safe after pit bull nearly killed her son - Farmington Daily Times

Return to “Kids Family”