Pictures Taken By You...

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
Lady J

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Lady J »

Hello everyone,

I thought it might be nice to have a post where you can place pictures that YOU have taken. Pictures taken by you....

here is one of mine.

Attached files
Lady J

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Lady J »

BTW...this was taken with my iPhone one evening coming home from the Dog Park. The church sits up high and had a great view of the evening skies.
Oscar Namechange

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I'm not a great photographer LJ... but I love taking pics of racehorses ( of course !! ) Many of my pics end up rubbish as they tend to dip their heads just as I click but this Is the best I have ever taken. This was at Newbury racecourse In 2011... I was up against the rail In the pre-parade ring was Kauto Star's half brother Kauto Relko came along. I was thinking out loud and said ' You're beautiful arn't you' and he swung his head and looked me right In the eye.

Attached files
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Pictures Taken By You...

Another one I'm proud of.... The winner of the 2012 Grand National..... Neptune Collognes.... behind him Is the Tank, Denman

Attached files
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
along-for-the-ride

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Below are just some of the photos I have taken with my Canon PowerShot. I have many more on my AFTR's Daily Commute thread. :)

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Lady J

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Lady J »

oscar;1410793 wrote: Another one I'm proud of.... The winner of the 2012 Grand National..... Neptune Collognes.... behind him Is the Tank, Denman

These horses are quite stunning! Magnificent animals of power and grace and you captured some great shots of them. I used to ride, not as a jockey but for enjoyment.

One question thou....why is there a blue tint to the photos? Were you using a filter?
Lady J

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Lady J »

along-for-the-ride;1410880 wrote: Below are just some of the photos I have taken with my Canon PowerShot. I have many more on my AFTR's Daily Commute thread. :)

Thanks for sharing them here AFTR.

Why your first image looks just like the road that goes to the Dog Park!
Oscar Namechange

Pictures Taken By You...

Lady J;1410943 wrote: These horses are quite stunning! Magnificent animals of power and grace and you captured some great shots of them. I used to ride, not as a jockey but for enjoyment.

One question thou....why is there a blue tint to the photos? Were you using a filter? It was a brand new digital camera LJ on It's first outing.... It has since been adjusted...

This one Is Her Majesty The Queen's horse ' Barbers Shop '.

Attached files
Oscar Namechange

Pictures Taken By You...

This photograph wasn't taken by me. It was taken by the press as I was leaving the court on one of the days of my trial but It will always be one of the most Important records of my life. My lawyer next to me and my husband, brother and sister right behind me.... a force to be reckoned with and where they have always been In my life. It speaks volumes of unspoken words !!!!!

Attached files
Lady J

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Lady J »

oscar;1410966 wrote: It was a brand new digital camera LJ on It's first outing.... It has since been adjusted...

I hate it when that happens! I am still trying to get right my new Canon D30 camera :-5

This one Is Her Majesty The Queen's horse ' Barbers Shop '.

You do have some great shots of these fabulous creatures Oscar!!
Lady J

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Lady J »

oscar;1410971 wrote: This photograph wasn't taken by me. It was taken by the press as I was leaving the court on one of the days of my trial but It will always be one of the most Important records of my life. My lawyer next to me and my husband, brother and sister right behind me.... a force to be reckoned with and where they have always been In my life. It speaks volumes of unspoken words !!!!!

I must have missed it....why were you at trial?
Lady J

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Lady J »

Everyone has a camera....so why not share your images?

doesn't matter if they are great shots or not. What matters is that you have captured a special moment.

Attached files
Vaishali

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Vaishali »

Hey mates..

Your pictures are amazing. I really liked them. I have also keen interest of taking photos of each occasion. It helps me in storing the special memories of my life. Last month it was my birthday. My father gifted me this amazing camera of Nikon which is . It's a 16.2 MP camera which helped me in capturing some special moments of my life. I am also sharing some pictures taken by my camera.

Lady J

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Lady J »

Great photos! They give a story.....nice touch.
tude dog

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by tude dog »

Cardinals nest nearby, but not in great numbers. Go a few miles away to the next town they are plentiful. It was winter and there is snow.

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Lady J

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Lady J »

Cardinals against snow fall are always awesome images TD. Great shots! What are you shooting with....camera and lens?
tude dog

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by tude dog »

Lady J;1435617 wrote: Cardinals against snow fall are always awesome images TD. Great shots! What are you shooting with....camera and lens?

Camera

Sony, alpha 200 SLR

Lens, uncertain how to accurately tell you.

1) .38/1.3F

2) 1.5/4.9

If that makes any sense to you.

That Sony to me is a wonderful camera, and someday I will actually take advantage of all its features.

I am still in mourning for my 35mm Konica as it lays rejected.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
tabby

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by tabby »

Beautiful photos! I take random snapshots and occasionally one comes out with beautiful clarity and positioning but it's not a surety by any stretch of the imagination. I get lucky ... ya'll know what you're doing!
Lady J

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Lady J »

As usual I've been busy taking photos and have even entered a photo contest with the grand prize of $15,000 USD! omg! I would never win that but even if I got third place I would be :)

But in the mean time I wanted to revive this thread again as I know everyone takes photos! What better way to capture a moment in life that will never happen again. All most everyone has a smart phone...and it can take high quality images...snap away and share!

Attached files
Bryn Mawr

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Lady J;1459462 wrote: As usual I've been busy taking photos and have even entered a photo contest with the grand prize of $15,000 USD! omg! I would never win that but even if I got third place I would be :)

But in the mean time I wanted to revive this thread again as I know everyone takes photos! What better way to capture a moment in life that will never happen again. All most everyone has a smart phone...and it can take high quality images...snap away and share!

What a glorious photograph - it should get you shortlisted in any contest I know of :-6

I want to relearn photography now that I've retired, for a leaving present my co-workers bought me a DSLR camera and I'm trying to remind myself what to do with it :-)
Lady J

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Lady J »

Bryn Mawr;1459549 wrote: What a glorious photograph - it should get you shortlisted in any contest I know of :-6

I want to relearn photography now that I've retired, for a leaving present my co-workers bought me a DSLR camera and I'm trying to remind myself what to do with it :-)

Thank you Bryn. I submitted two images and the judging will begin after the 13th of July. I have my fingers crossed!!

WOW! What a great gift for someone retiring! :guitarist

You may want to check out some of the on-line classes for photography. I recently enrolled in one that offers 18 mods and you have to complete and pass each mod before moving on the next. You submit your images to them and they will give you suggestions to improve your photography. All I need now is more time to work thru them. Got thru mod 2 the other day....
Lady J

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Lady J »

I call this one wet Tu Lips in the Kissing Rain.

Attached files
Lady J

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Lady J »

BTW...that photo was taken with my IPhone when walking Zeus one morning in the rain.

Got a smart phone? Take and share your world! What you capture will never be the same ~ ever again.
Bryn Mawr

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Lady J;1459637 wrote: Thank you Bryn. I submitted two images and the judging will begin after the 13th of July. I have my fingers crossed!!

WOW! What a great gift for someone retiring! :guitarist

You may want to check out some of the on-line classes for photography. I recently enrolled in one that offers 18 mods and you have to complete and pass each mod before moving on the next. You submit your images to them and they will give you suggestions to improve your photography. All I need now is more time to work thru them. Got thru mod 2 the other day....

A course like that would have to come after my attempt to learn Greek :-)
Bryn Mawr

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Here are a couple of photo's taken today - they're a start but I'd appreciate some constructive criticism :-

Attached files
Lady J

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Lady J »

Bryn Mawr;1459691 wrote: Here are a couple of photo's taken today - they're a start but I'd appreciate some constructive criticism :-

I am not really anyone to critic someone else's images but I can give my input, so I guess I am giving some constructive criticisms. LOL!

In the first picture what are you trying to convey? You did a great job of showing the surroundings. but the boulders in the foreground steal away from the elegance of the home. What are you trying to focus on here? What are you trying to share with the viewer? If it is all of the surroundings, then you took a great photo.

The second picture of the deer....I would crop to get rid of the forefront. it would make the deer's image much more powerful.

Lady J
Bryn Mawr

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Lady J;1460590 wrote: I am not really anyone to critic someone else's images but I can give my input, so I guess I am giving some constructive criticisms. LOL!

In the first picture what are you trying to convey? You did a great job of showing the surroundings. but the boulders in the foreground steal away from the elegance of the home. What are you trying to focus on here? What are you trying to share with the viewer? If it is all of the surroundings, then you took a great photo.

The second picture of the deer....I would crop to get rid of the forefront. it would make the deer's image much more powerful.

Lady J

OK, many thanks for that - it certainly helps me to know what thought processes I should be going through when I have the time to compose a photo'

In the first picture I was trying to convey the impression of the house held within the solid rock of the land - it just seemed like a good way of framing the shot but I guess the "frame" took over the picture.

As for the second, I really will have to get more familiar with GIMP :-)

Once again, many thanks.
FourPart

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by FourPart »

Personally I liked them all.

I found the rocks, far from being a distraction, added a contrast to the picture - Order vs Nature sort of thing.

Much the same with the deer. Most sightings are far more distant & I suspect that with any additional cropping you might be getting into resolution problems.
Bryn Mawr

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

FourPart;1460602 wrote: Personally I liked them all.

I found the rocks, far from being a distraction, added a contrast to the picture - Order vs Nature sort of thing.

Much the same with the deer. Most sightings are far more distant & I suspect that with any additional cropping you might be getting into resolution problems.

Not too bad - it's a 24MP camera and was set on fine :-

ETA OK, I note that the upload manager has then resized the image to a third of the cropped size to get it within the forum limit.

Attached files
LarsMac

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by LarsMac »

I like what you were thinking with the house in the rocks. Some creative cropping could accomplish your intent, I think.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Lady J

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Lady J »

Bryn Mawr;1460599 wrote: OK, many thanks for that - it certainly helps me to know what thought processes I should be going through when I have the time to compose a photo'

In the first picture I was trying to convey the impression of the house held within the solid rock of the land - it just seemed like a good way of framing the shot but I guess the "frame" took over the picture.

As for the second, I really will have to get more familiar with GIMP :-)

Once again, many thanks.

I am just an amateur photographer...and I take many images that mean nothing to others but much to Moi.

As I said, I was no one to critic...just offer some suggestions. I play around with my pictures...and then there are those that are perfect from the snap.

Four Part you are correct that when you close in on a photo you thought was sharp it may not be. It is all about learning the camera and growing in your abilities.

Practice makes perfect!

Lady J
FourPart

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by FourPart »

I did have a photo that I took years ago that to anyone else would be totally meaningless, but they wouldn't even know what it was.

I had taken my camera & tripod down to the shore during a really amazing lightning storm & there were loads of instances of that rare occurence of Ball Lightning, which I actually managed to catch a snap of.

When the photo came out (pre-digital) it even had a note on it from the developers that it looked as If I had move the camera. This much I knew not to be the case.

All that was visible was a string of thin, curve lines, with something like a barb at the bottom.

I occured to me that this was revealing was Ball Lightning really was - not a 'Ball' at all - that's just how the eye interprets it, but a series of rapid strikes hitting the water, reversing polarity & bouncing off it, over & over again until it ran out of energy.

Yet, unless you knew what it was a picture of, there would be no way of telling.
Lady J

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Lady J »

FourPart;1460702 wrote: I did have a photo that I took years ago that to anyone else would be totally meaningless, but they wouldn't even know what it was.

I had taken my camera & tripod down to the shore during a really amazing lightning storm & there were loads of instances of that rare occurence of Ball Lightning, which I actually managed to catch a snap of.

When the photo came out (pre-digital) it even had a note on it from the developers that it looked as If I had move the camera. This much I knew not to be the case.

All that was visible was a string of thin, curve lines, with something like a barb at the bottom.

I occured to me that this was revealing was Ball Lightning really was - not a 'Ball' at all - that's just how the eye interprets it, but a series of rapid strikes hitting the water, reversing polarity & bouncing off it, over & over again until it ran out of energy.

Yet, unless you knew what it was a picture of, there would be no way of telling.

share your photo FourPart....let us see what you saw!
FourPart

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by FourPart »

I've no idea where it is at the moment. I know I've still got it somewhere, but this place is a tip at the best of times.
Lady J

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Lady J »

I hope everyone has a marvelous Sunday!

Attached files
FourPart

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by FourPart »

Me too. Now that the sun's up I'm just about to head off to bed & sleep through it.
FourPart

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by FourPart »

David Bailey? Who's he?

(Takes you back, those who remember what I'm talking about)

Not exactly a Professional Portrait, but as Da Beasty (aka B.J. - Beast Junior) is such a star in his own right, I thought I'd give him a place in the Boulevard of Fame.

Incidentally that Black Front Panel used to be silver, like the rest of the bike, before it got ripped off in order to Hot Wire it. John, at the shop, was very apologetic that he couldn't get one to match. Personally I reckon it looks better that way.
Aura

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Aura »

This is Newquay in Cornwall. I do landscape photography and all my image's are copyrighted. Please find me at www.louisetopp.weebly.com

[IMG]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd27 ... cfaa4b.jpg" alt="" />[/IMG]
LarsMac

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by LarsMac »

Nice. I like that.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Aura

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Aura »

Thanks, do you think it's worth selling? :)
Lady J

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Lady J »

FourPart;1461620 wrote: David Bailey? Who's he?

(Takes you back, those who remember what I'm talking about)

Not exactly a Professional Portrait, but as Da Beasty (aka B.J. - Beast Junior) is such a star in his own right, I thought I'd give him a place in the Boulevard of Fame.

Incidentally that Black Front Panel used to be silver, like the rest of the bike, before it got ripped off in order to Hot Wire it. John, at the shop, was very apologetic that he couldn't get one to match. Personally I reckon it looks better that way.

Da Beasty is very cool FourPart!!!!

I am happy you shared your ride with us.

Lady J
Lady J

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Lady J »

Aura;1461688 wrote: This is Newquay in Cornwall. I do landscape photography and all my image's are copyrighted. Please find me at www.louisetopp.weebly.com

[IMG]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd27 ... cfaa4b.jpg" alt="" />[/IMG]

Very nice image Aura. What lenses did you shoot it with?

Thanks for sharing!
Lady J

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Lady J »

Aura, I visited your weebly page....You do excellent work! Kudos!!

Every thing is worth selling...if you have a buyer.

I would think by looking at your work it is just out of reward you take these photos?

keep shooting....:)
Aura

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Aura »

Thanks that's very kind of you, I shot the sunset scene with a 18-55m lens. My grandfather (who was miles better then me) was friends with Cecil Beaton he lived at Broadchalk which is only up the road from our village. I only saw him once when I was a wee kiddie, I only remember him as some nice old man. Now that I am older i wish I had got to chat to him about his work. Now David Bailey has Aspbergers syndrome like I have and I like his work also. You have to be unique and have your own idea's but I do like Ansell Adams shots and cartier Bessons work. Henri Cartier-Bresson was a French photographer considered to be the father of photojournalism. He was an early adopter of 35 mm format, and the master of candid photography.

I do history because it can never be repeated (unless your Dr Who, or found out how to do Einsteins theory) Fashion and glamour hold nothing for me.
Saint_

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Saint_ »

Here's one of mine, my backyard in fall.

Attached files
Oscar Namechange

Pictures Taken By You...

My rescue puppy.... so loving her new Daddy last night.

To us, she's part of our world... To her, we are her world... adopt rescue.

Attached files
Lady J

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Lady J »

Saint_;1461750 wrote: Here's one of mine, my backyard in fall.

Nice photo Saint. I luv all the colors! Are those white mums in the foreground?

Is that a maple tree?

I am surprised to see that much color for where you are.

thank you for sharing...

Lady J
Lady J

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Lady J »

Aura;1461722 wrote: Thanks that's very kind of you, I shot the sunset scene with a 18-55m lens. My grandfather (who was miles better then me) was friends with Cecil Beaton he lived at Broadchalk which is only up the road from our village. I only saw him once when I was a wee kiddie, I only remember him as some nice old man. Now that I am older i wish I had got to chat to him about his work. Now David Bailey has Aspbergers syndrome like I have and I like his work also. You have to be unique and have your own idea's but I do like Ansell Adams shots and cartier Bessons work. Henri Cartier-Bresson was a French photographer considered to be the father of photojournalism. He was an early adopter of 35 mm format, and the master of candid photography.

I do history because it can never be repeated (unless your Dr Who, or found out how to do Einsteins theory) Fashion and glamour hold nothing for me.

Ceil Beaton...Wow! He shot a lot of famous starts including Marilyn Monroe.. as Jj would say, Norma Jean.

Your photos are great Aura. I do appreciate them. I too am not one to shoot fashion but nature and impromptu/candid to shots. Keep shooting My Dear!
Lady J

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Lady J »

Oscar Namechange;1461770 wrote: My rescue puppy.... so loving her new Daddy last night.

To us, she's part of our world... To her, we are her world... adopt rescue.

Oscar, You and I both know the value of a good dog. I am happy you shared your photo with us....I wish I knew how to respond and capture the photo as well! sigh....

but you are right - adopt rescue. One thing nice about the Dpk is that over 75% of the patrons have rescued their dogs. Sometimes I wonder...who rescued who?

Thanks for sharing that loving image.

Lady J
Aura

Pictures Taken By You...

Post by Aura »

Thanks that's very kind of you :)

Return to “Photography More”