Robin Williams found dead

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Depression is a mental illness.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Ditto 100%

(Except that I hate Religion in everything)
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Robin was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease recently to add to his problems.

per his wife.

I hope this is posted in the right thread?

And God Bless us all

Patsy
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

along-for-the-ride;1461765 wrote: I am sad that he died and sad that he came to a point where he decided to end his own life.

The Death of Robin Williams, And What Suicide Isn't | BlogHer
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

The wold explain the biggest question as to 'why'. Already having problems with his marriage, plus having fallen prey to a debilitating disease that doesn't discriminate between rich or poor, famous or nobody. I can well imagine his state of mind even more.
Mark Aspam

Post by Mark Aspam »

High Threshold;1461905 wrote: Yes, let's.

You are aware that the Pope has made changes in what's what - and last I heard he's been determined to be a man.

"MODERN" Catholicism? So is it G_d or is it man who decides? You can't have it both ways. (see above) You might try but I'm not buying it. Hence, I am no longer a Catholic .... or even a Christian. Officially.

I don't think you're qualified to say that but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. However, I suspect even the clergy would put up a good argument against it, in many cases. How would you know the number of "Our Fathers, Hail Marys, and Glory bes" that would be sufficient in cleansing your soul, without the judgement of the priest? In any case, purgatory has its function.

Have you already realized the silliness of that statement? Dead is dead. Dying is dying. No same thing, man.

ANYWAY, although your input is appreciated you haven't really addressed the link between Murder & Suicide and the Catholic Church's teachings on punishment regarding mortal sin and Hell.Now I think you're just trying to be disagreeable for its own sake.

I am, obviously, not an official spokesman for the Catholic Church. When I see or hear the teachings of my Church badly misstated, as you have done, I think that I'm entitled to make corrections. It's not intended as a personal affront to you, nor should you regard it as so.

I perceive from the tenor of your remarks that you may have embraced a sect of Christianity that is big on hellfire and damnation, and you are certainly entitled to that outlook.

Catholicism is more about God's infinite goodness and mercy, which can be accepted or rejected. That's called "free will'.

P.S. The remark about slow poison was just a little attempt at macabre humor, a concept with which you seem unfamiliar.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Mark Aspam;1461975 wrote: Now I think you're just trying to be disagreeable for its own sake.

I am, obviously, not an official spokesman for the Catholic Church. When I see or hear the teachings of my Church badly misstated, as you have done, I think that I'm entitled to make corrections. It's not intended as a personal affront to you, nor should you regard it as so.

I perceive from the tenor of your remarks that you may have embraced a sect of Christianity that is big on hellfire and damnation, and you are certainly entitled to that outlook.

Catholicism is more about God's infinite goodness and mercy, which can be accepted or rejected. That's called "free will'.

P.S. The remark about slow poison was just a little attempt at macabre humor, a concept with which you seem unfamiliar.

Now you're in high gear. Unfortunately it's in reverse.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Mark, didn't you say you were Jewish & your wife is Catholic? Did you convert? Or do I have that backwards, that your wife is Jewish & you are Catholic?
Aura

Post by Aura »

Religion just muddy's the waters.

Yes it does, we have no right to judge.
Mark Aspam

Post by Mark Aspam »

AnneBoleyn;1461998 wrote: Mark, didn't you say you were Jewish & your wife is Catholic? Did you convert? Or do I have that backwards, that your wife is Jewish & you are Catholic?Right - that is, the second time.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Mark Aspam;1462706 wrote: Right - that is, the second time.

Which is right? or is it "What" is right?
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

AnneBoleyn;1462738 wrote: Which is right? or is it "What" is right?
And Who's on First.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

FourPart;1462746 wrote: And Who's on First.

He is, yes!
Mark Aspam

Post by Mark Aspam »

AnneBoleyn;1462738 wrote: Which is right? or is it "What" is right?You are correct that I am Catholic and my wife is Jewish.

Return to “General Chit Chat”