Notting Hill carnival

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
Bruv

Notting Hill carnival

Post by Bruv »

Seemed to go well this year, no news which is normally good news.

Pictures of the Carnival
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Notting Hill carnival

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Bruv;1462822 wrote: Seemed to go well this year,

]

Did It ?

Policeman Assaulted At Notting Hill Carnival

And why are you linking the Daily Mail > hmmm :wah:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Notting Hill carnival

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1462832 wrote: Did It ?

Policeman Assaulted At Notting Hill Carnival

And why are you linking the Daily Mail > hmmm :wah:

And many drug arrests, but far far better than some years when mini riots and a stabbing or two get thrown into the mix.

Perhaps it was the rain that calmed things down.

I looked for the best/most pictures and the Mail had them................you don't normally have a problem with the Mail, I don't have a problem with their pictures.
Oscar Namechange

Notting Hill carnival

Bruv;1462841 wrote: I looked for the best/most pictures and the Mail had them................you don't normally have a problem with the Mail, I don't have a problem with their pictures.

That's like saying, I don't mind Immigrants as long as you don't house them next door to me :wah:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Notting Hill carnival

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1462847 wrote: That's like saying, I don't mind Immigrants as long as you don't house them next door to me :wah:

It's nothing like saying that at all, even with a massive stretch of your BNP imagination.
Bryn Mawr

Notting Hill carnival

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Oscar Namechange;1462847 wrote: That's like saying, I don't mind Immigrants as long as you don't house them next door to me :wah:

Your logic astounds me
Bruv

Notting Hill carnival

Post by Bruv »

Next door?

I bloody live with one.
Oscar Namechange

Notting Hill carnival

Bruv;1462859 wrote: Next door?

I bloody live with one. It was a vain attempt at Irony.

You despise the Daily Mail but still have to have a peep eh eh eh? :yh_rotfl
Snowfire

Notting Hill carnival

Post by Snowfire »

My son, who first took up the steel pan at school, took part in the National competition in Notting Hill. His huge band Mangrove came third . Stirring stuff.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Bruv

Notting Hill carnival

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1462864 wrote: It was a vain attempt at Irony.

You despise the Daily Mail but still have to have a peep eh eh eh? :yh_rotfl

I think you are confusing me with someone else........I visit sites,made for people I detest.(I don't like the hate word.)

I simply Googled Notting Hill Carnival looking for happy images for our US friends to show how integrated we are over here, and The Mail delivered.......to paraphrase you "It doesn't make me a racist too"
Bruv

Notting Hill carnival

Post by Bruv »

Snowfire;1462873 wrote: My son, who first took up the steel pan at school, took part in the National competition in Notting Hill. His huge band Mangrove came third . Stirring stuff.
It is alright from a distance like the bagpipes, although the bagpipes distant should be a lot further.
Snowfire

Notting Hill carnival

Post by Snowfire »

Bruv;1462876 wrote: It is alright from a distance like the bagpipes, although the bagpipes distant should be a lot further.

I happen to agree. Its an acquired sound and it can all sound a bit samey. Once you get it though, it can be quite stirring if the arrangements are done properly
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Notting Hill carnival

Bruv;1462875 wrote: I think you are confusing me with someone else........I visit sites,made for people I detest.(I don't like the hate word.)

I simply Googled Notting Hill Carnival looking for happy images for our US friends to show how integrated we are over here, and The Mail delivered.......to paraphrase you "It doesn't make me a racist too"

That's as plausable as gmc's defence for reading the Daily Mail ... he alleges that he only reads the one's he finds left on the bus by other people.

I was pulling your plonker, you didn't have to explain :wah:

I agree... I also visit the UKIP site just so I can hate more people.
Bruv

Notting Hill carnival

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1462882 wrote: That's as plausable as gmc's defence for reading the Daily Mail ... he alleges that he only reads the one's he finds left on the bus by other people.

I was pulling your plonker, you didn't have to explain :wah:

I agree... I also visit the UKIP site just so I can hate more people.

Might be bumping into you on the BNP site then?
Oscar Namechange

Notting Hill carnival

Bruv;1462885 wrote: Might be bumping into you on the BNP site then? I never comment there.

I also go to Andrew Brons new party site.... just to sneer
FourPart

Notting Hill carnival

Post by FourPart »

The DM link didn't work for me anyway.
Oscar Namechange

Notting Hill carnival

FourPart;1462906 wrote: The DM link didn't work for me anyway. That's because of the position of your mouse while clicking on the link. If your mouse Is leaning too far to the left, It won't work.

Try leaning your mouse to the far right and It will let you In,
FourPart

Notting Hill carnival

Post by FourPart »

rofl
Bruv

Notting Hill carnival

Post by Bruv »

FourPart;1462906 wrote: The DM link didn't work for me anyway.

Try this one LINK

Better?
Oscar Namechange

Notting Hill carnival

Horrific injuries of woman who was punched in the face at Notting Hill Carnival for telling man to stop groping her | Mail Online
Bruv

Notting Hill carnival

Post by Bruv »

'Although early indications are that reported crime is down at this year's Notting Hill Carnival, I am concerned by the number of stabbings over the weekend.

'Stabbings are up on last year, and in some cases these are just centimetres from being a murder. Each will be thoroughly investigated and we will do everything possible to ensure those who brought trouble to Carnival are placed before the courts.

'Our proactive operations in the days leading up to Carnival and the weekend itself were a great success and meant we were able to stop many crimes before they happened.

'Two of my officers were injured during an arrest yesterday and this shows the risks they must take. I would like to thank all the officers and support staff for their hard work in the most difficult of weather conditions.'

Eight people were arrested for grievous bodily harm while four sexual offences arrests were made over the weekend, according to early police figures.
FourPart

Notting Hill carnival

Post by FourPart »

I know that statistics can be worked in many different ways, but although crime is said to be down, I can't help wondering if that is an absolute number of a proportionate one, based on the number of people attending / kept away by the rain.

Mind you, if you think about it on a per capita basis, 115 over a weekend with that many people is a a bit lower than you might expect. Just imagine a weekend long nightclub with that many revelers - many having had far more drink than they can handle.
Oscar Namechange

Notting Hill carnival

By co-Incidence, my husband visited our elderly friend we moved from London to Bath last week and she commented that It'd be her very first year without the Notting Hill Carnival and added ' oh thank god for that'.

She got chatting about It and told him that the elderly were too afraid to answer their doors or even pop to the shops...

There's always another side behind the glitzy pics.
Oscar Namechange

Notting Hill carnival

Bruv;1462822 wrote: Seemed to go well this year, no news which is normally good news.

]

Notting Hill Carnival: Police officers injured as six people held over 'attempter murder' - Crime - News - London Evening Standard

Have to ask, what Is a ' attempter murder' ? Did Taggart write that?
Bruv

Notting Hill carnival

Post by Bruv »

Saturday night most big towns.
Oscar Namechange

Notting Hill carnival

Bruv;1462996 wrote: Saturday night most big towns. I beg to differ...

We don't get any of that malarky at our carnival

St Paul's Carnival - Festival in Bristol, St Pauls - Visit Bristol
Bruv

Notting Hill carnival

Post by Bruv »

Everybodies afraid of you

Return to “England”