Calling American members. Is this true ?

FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Oscar Namechange;1463370 wrote: No worries Anne.

Fourply.... Yes, saw that.... they can now get a DNA profile from sweat from your fingers on any Inanimate object.... that's just a trace of sweat. You don't have to have sweated like a glassblowers arsse while carrying out the crime.

Have you seen the latest ???? Actual facial recognition profile from a bead of DNA

Ahem?
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Bruv;1463372 wrote: So no good for a driveby shooting with no gun then ?

Depends... If forensics recover the gun and the gloves you wore at the time, they can get a profile from a presence of sweat on the gun or from Inside the glove.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

The same goes for the cartridge, as it might not be quite so simple to load the gun with gloves on. I find it difficult enough to get my keys out of my pocket with my gloves on, let alone such a delicate operation as that.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1463374 wrote: Depends... If forensics recover the gun and the gloves you wore at the time, they can get a profile from a presence of sweat on the gun or from Inside the glove.

Watch my lips......No Gun
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Post by 911 »

To determine whether decapitation, a common method of euthanizing lab rats, is humane, the researchers connected an EEG machine to the brains of rats, decapitated them and recorded the electrical activity in the brain after the event. The Dutch researchers found that for about four seconds after being separated from the body, the rats' brains continued to generate electrical activity between the 13 to 100-Hertz frequency band, which is associated with consciousness and cognition, defined as "a mental process that includes thinking" [source: Cleveland Clinic].

This finding suggests that the brain can continue to produce thoughts and experience sensations for at least several seconds following decapitation -- in rats, at least. Although findings in rats are commonly extrapolated onto humans, we may never fully know if a human remains similarly conscious after the head is lost. As author Alan Bellows points out, "Further scientific observation of human decapitation is unlikely" As per--Dr. Francis Crick, the Nobel-winning co-discoverer of DNA structure and creator of The Astonishing Hypothesis.

That will be the argument against beheading as punishment. I think it would be well deserved. They should pick it up by the hair so he/she can have one last look.
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

911;1463730 wrote:

That will be the argument against beheading as punishment. I think it would be well deserved. They should pick it up by the hair so he/she can have one last look.

I like your style :driving::driving::driving:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I recall that episode of QI where it came to light that if an EEG is attached to a jelly (that's Jello to you Americans), it registers as being sufficiently brain active that you wouldn't be permitted to turn its Life Support off.

http://io9.com/5946010/why-you-cant-pro ... brain-dead

Post by 911 »

I always thought there was something funny about Jell-O. . . .hmmm. . . . :)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West

Post by 911 »

Oscar Namechange;1463756 wrote: I like your style :driving::driving::driving:

Mae West
superhorn

Post by superhorn »

America should join the rest of the world and abolish the death penalty once and for all . A civilized nation should not execute murderers, no matter how heinous they crimes . And life in prison is not picnic . In the long run, it's much more unpleasant than execution .
superhorn

Post by superhorn »

The death penalty should be abolished once and for all in America . It's primitive, barbaric , does nothing to reduce the rate of murder or violent crime , wasted billions of dollars every year, and has resulted in the deaths of innocent people.

Murderers should be kept in prison for life, period. In the long run this is far more unpleasant than being executed .
spot

Post by spot »

superhorn;1496262 wrote: wasted billions of dollars every year

Do you have anything factual to support that extremely unlikely claim? What were the billions spent on, for instance.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

superhorn;1496262 wrote: Murderers should be kept in prison for life, period. In the long run this is far more unpleasant than being executed .

Easy to say when you are not footing the bill. And personally, there are people who more resemble rabid animals than human beings. And we certainly execute rabid animals.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

superhorn;1496262 wrote: The death penalty should be abolished once and for all in America . It's primitive, barbaric , does nothing to reduce the rate of murder or violent crime , wasted billions of dollars every year, and has resulted in the deaths of innocent people.

Murderers should be kept in prison for life, period. In the long run this is far more unpleasant than being executed .
With the Death Penalty in place, they are - and they're much shorter sentences.

Return to “Social Human Rights”