The Plot Thickens

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
FourPart

The Plot Thickens

Post by FourPart »

Last night I topped up my Vodafone account online - or, at least, I thought I had, yet I was still getting warnings that I was low on credit, so I went into my Online Banking to check if the payment had cleared, or if it may have been refused due to insufficient funds. As it happened there were plenty of funds, and there had been no payment, so I simply topped up again & it went through.

However, whilst in my account I spotted a payment of £24 having been made on 22nd Sept to WWW.DUDELENGE, which I didn't recognise at all, and I couldn't remember any such online purchase (I may have made one, but not remembered). When I Googled WWW.DUDELANGE, though, it came up with Europcar Car Rental, and I most certainly haven't had any dealings with them. So, I got onto the bank who have raised a Dispute query & will be calling me back on my Mobile tomorrow. However, when I queried who the Payee was, they told me that it was to a "Vocational & Trade Schools". I've tried Googling them, but not really come up with anything, as the phrase is too generic.

I thought at first it might be Pitman Training, having just taken my final Exam, but first of all, all that is being paid for by the Council, due to it being part of Job Search, plus I never gave them any bank details.

It's just that it seems such a strange amount. If it had been some sort of hacker, I'm sure they would have taken more than £24.

Nearly all my online purchases are made via eBay or Amazon, therefore the payments being easily identified as Amazon or PayPal

Return to “General Chit Chat”