Quizzes

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Quizzes

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Like Pub Quiz's

Ever do these ?

I did my first In years as part of our social evening In Blackpool.

I found the questions really hard. Such has:

What was the Dickin Medal awarded to In WW2 ?

What year did the Times print the first ever weather forecast ?

What Country needed to sail around the world to attack Japan ?

I actually cam 2 nd with 12/20 so left with my dignity Intact and loosing only to Clive Jefferson who had 16/20

Adam Walker was disqualified for googling :yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Quizzes

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1468681 wrote: Adam Walker was disqualified for googling :yh_rotfl

Nice guy
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Quizzes

Bruv;1468685 wrote: Nice guy Yeah but It was funny at the time... there was massive rivalry going on.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
theia

Quizzes

Post by theia »

I went to a few pub quizzes with some friends who were regular quizzers. I thought it would be a good laugh but no, people took it so seriously...whispering so that other groups wouldn't hear, covering up answers when people walked past etc
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
LarsMac

Quizzes

Post by LarsMac »

First time I was in the UK, I spent a few Quiz nights at a pub in Basingstoke with our office manager (who was an Aussie), our local director, and the Support Engineer. We usually came in 2nd or 3rd, but one night we won the thing. Spent the winnings on beer. That was the night I learned never try to match drinks with an Aussie.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

Quizzes

theia;1468690 wrote: I went to a few pub quizzes with some friends who were regular quizzers. I thought it would be a good laugh but no, people took it so seriously...whispering so that other groups wouldn't hear, covering up answers when people walked past etc It's funny that Isn't It ? When we first started, we were all like ' oh ok, this will be a bit of fun'... but no, 3 questions In and you could feel the tension rising.

Return to “General Chit Chat”