Looking for Bing Crosby's GATHER ROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE

gypsyviolin

Post by gypsyviolin »

I can hear parts of this song in my head, but want the recording. Long ago, on Christmas morning, with 3 children eager to unwrap presents, my father put on a 78 record by Bing Crosby: Gather Round the Christmas Tree (I believe this is the title.)

We would all hold hands and sing along with Bing, a tradition. No Christmas would start without this song! (My father died 3 years ago at 94.) My siblings and I want to re-start this tradition, but had no luck in finding the recording this year.

My brother remembers that the song was on a 78 record. (Could it have been part of an album of 78s with the title of Going My Way?) I've searched what remains of my father's collection. I've searched on Google to find it in an album or single. No luck. Then this morning (on Google) I found reference to two people discussing this very same song on ForumGarden. (I immediately signed up.) It was between "hollynoelle" who on 12-18-04 (yes, 2004) asked if anyone knew of this song. A reply was posted by autopilot93 on 2-10-05 who volunteered to send hollynoelle an MP3 copy of a scratchy recording made from a tape which was made from the record, now gone.

I'm hoping someone can help me locate this recording. Part of the lyrics: Little boys, little girls don't be late, This is your Merry Christmas Day. Come along join the family and gather around, all around the Christmas Tree.

Even if you only know the lyrics, or part of them, please reply with what you know. If you know how to obtain a recording, or know of any information regarding it, that would be great. Thanks, all!
StupidCowboyTricks

Post by StupidCowboyTricks »

gypsyviolin wrote: I can hear parts of this song in my head, but want the recording. Long ago, on Christmas morning, with 3 children eager to unwrap presents, my father put on a 78 record by Bing Crosby: Gather Round the Christmas Tree (I believe this is the title.)

We would all hold hands and sing along with Bing, a tradition. No Christmas would start without this song! (My father died 3 years ago at 94.) My siblings and I want to re-start this tradition, but had no luck in finding the recording this year.

My brother remembers that the song was on a 78 record. (Could it have been part of an album of 78s with the title of Going My Way?) I've searched what remains of my father's collection. I've searched on Google to find it in an album or single. No luck. Then this morning (on Google) I found reference to two people discussing this very same song on ForumGarden. (I immediately signed up.) It was between "hollynoelle" who on 12-18-04 (yes, 2004) asked if anyone knew of this song. A reply was posted by autopilot93 on 2-10-05 who volunteered to send hollynoelle an MP3 copy of a scratchy recording made from a tape which was made from the record, now gone.

I'm hoping someone can help me locate this recording. Part of the lyrics: Little boys, little girls don't be late, This is your Merry Christmas Day. Come along join the family and gather around, all around the Christmas Tree.

Even if you only know the lyrics, or part of them, please reply with what you know. If you know how to obtain a recording, or know of any information regarding it, that would be great. Thanks, all!

Could it be this one? Round and round the Christmas tree?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://terrificmusic.com/files/music/ch ... crosby.ram
Someone asked me why I swear so much. I said, "Just becuss.":)

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Large collection set with the song(10 albums of good stuff, it's $60 though)

http://www.radioarchives.org/sets/PC11.htm
Kiska2010

Post by Kiska2010 »

Gypsyviolin,

I don't know if you are still looking for this, and was hoping you could tell me that you found it. I have an album that has the song on it. I am at work right now and can't look at the album. I had the album copied to some CD's for my kids, but when they copied it the songs are not divided and labeled... ugh! I have been trying to find the actual song myself and I didn't know it was sung by Bing.

"Grandma and your Grandpa too, are waiting around the Christmas Tree for you..." "jingle bells, jingle bells, cling clang cling... He's coming right down the chimney, He's coming around, he's coming around, all around the Christmas Tree... Ding... Dong...".

I can't get all the lyrics right now, I will have to listen to it over and over at home. The album also has another favorite of mine... "Poppy the Puppy" and "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus". I play it on my iPhone. I copied the CD to my iTunes file.

Kiska...
Kiska2010

Post by Kiska2010 »

Gypsyviolin,

I don't know if you are still looking for this, and was hoping you could tell me that you found it. I have an album that has the song on it. I am at work right now and can't look at the album. I had the album copied to some CD's for my kids, but when they copied it the songs are not divided and labeled... ugh! I have been trying to find the actual song myself and I didn't know it was sung by Bing.

"Grandma and your Grandpa too, are waiting around the Christmas Tree for you..." "jingle bells, jingle bells, cling clang cling... He's coming right down the chimney, He's coming around, he's coming around, all around the Christmas Tree... Ding... Dong...".

I can't get all the lyrics right now, I will have to listen to it over and over at home. The album also has another favorite of mine... "Poppy the Puppy" and "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus". I play it on my iPhone. I copied the CD to my iTunes file.

Kiska...

Return to “General Music”