Can you tell me what you think please?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Aura

Post by Aura »

I do landscape photography and I have just recently met a guy who is younger then me who also does photography. I met him through my Christian support workers colleague. He’s a nice guy but I am very nervous around men because I was hurt very badly by my X and my confidence is not very good and I get anxiety attacks.

I am worried that he thinks I’m a bit odd because I am always apologising and has already made hints that we might not be on the same wavelength etc. I can’t trust men because I don’t want to be hurt again, I was dumped by my X when I got pregnant, It probably won’t be long before this guy dumps me as a friend.

I can’t help saying sorry all the time and I am not good at making conversations, because I’m always uptight all the time. I’m not a bad person and I can’t help the way I am. I don’t really know this guy properly yet, probably about since end of December, January. We arrange to meet sometimes but I still feel anxious about it, I can’t really explain to him because he’s a bloke, if he had been a woman it would have been a bit easier.

I have got learning difficulties and Aspbergers which doesn’t help.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

You have shown us some of your photography, & I think your work is superb. About this man, though---in your hopes & wishes, what kind of relationship do you want with him?

Being hurt again --- you will be hurt again. Maybe not by this guy, but by life itself. If you put your trust in him & he betrays you for it, it is his "sin", not yours.

Decide first what it is you are looking for with him. I'll be waiting..............

PS--I don't mean to sound frightening when I said you will be hurt again. I actually mean BUT YOU WILL SURVIVE IT, and will be stronger & more wise because of it.
Aura

Post by Aura »

I only want friendship as he is a lot younger then I am. Being in a domestic relationship ruins your trust in men.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Aura;1474977 wrote: I only want friendship as he is a lot younger then I am. Being in a domestic relationship ruins your trust in men.

Then, let it unfold as it will.

Return to “General Chit Chat”