keyboard players

gameshowguy

keyboard players

Post by gameshowguy »

Does anyone around here play the keyboard??
chonsigirl

keyboard players

Post by chonsigirl »

I play the piano, keyboards only when necessary-give me a baby grand Yamaha any old day!
robinseggs

keyboard players

Post by robinseggs »

My husband does....he is very musically talented...also plays the guitar. Electric too!! My brother in law has a band and they are all getting together to play for a block party soon so hubby is constantly practicing keys/notes on the computer and the piano!!
Nature laughs Last
telaquapacky

keyboard players

Post by telaquapacky »

I arrange electronic keyboard. I can't put my hands on keyboard and make music, but I use a sequencing program on my computer to make the keyboard play what I hear in my head.

Check out the "Any Songwriters?" thread. There are some music clips on it I did this way.
Look what the cat dragged in.
PurpleChicken

keyboard players

Post by PurpleChicken »

Kinda. Played the organ for many years as a kid. Still have a keyboard, but sadly never enough time to play. Occassionally pick it up to muck around.
actionfigurestepho

keyboard players

Post by actionfigurestepho »

I play! I also play the flute, although that's not too cool.
devist8me

keyboard players

Post by devist8me »

I have a keyboard and think someday I will learn to play. (I've been thinking that for about 6 years now)
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
chonsigirl

keyboard players

Post by chonsigirl »

actionfigurestepho wrote: I play! I also play the flute, although that's not too cool.
Flue is cool Action.

I also play the violin, organ, and...........the accordian!
actionfigurestepho

keyboard players

Post by actionfigurestepho »

I LOVE the accordian!
palformusic

keyboard players

Post by palformusic »

I can pay the keyboard.What do you want me to play? Anything, I'm ready.
High Threshold

keyboard players

Post by High Threshold »

palformusic;126495 wrote: I can pay the keyboard.What do you want me to play? Anything, I'm ready.
Play "Misty" for me. I play the green tambourine. Any song you want I'll gladly play.
G#Gill

keyboard players

Post by G#Gill »

I did enjoy that film with Clint Eastwood - "Play Misty For Me". It is a really spooky type of film ! :)

Hey HT !!!!! This thread is 10 years old !!!!!!! :rolleyes: :p Chonsigirl is the only name I recognise !!!! :confused:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
High Threshold

keyboard players

Post by High Threshold »

G#Gill;1476860 wrote: I did enjoy that film with Clint Eastwood - "Play Misty For Me". It is a really spooky type of film ! :)

Hey HT !!!!! This thread is 10 years old !!!!!!! :rolleyes: :p Chonsigirl is the only name I recognise !!!! :confused:
Not that FG is rolling to a boring stand-still …........

I see you missed the reference to green tambourine. I'm simply shocked! :yh_ooooo
G#Gill

keyboard players

Post by G#Gill »

High Threshold;1476862 wrote: Not that FG is rolling to a boring stand-still …........

I see you missed the reference to green tambourine. I'm simply shocked! :yh_ooooo

Oh I did notice the reference to the Lemon Pipers hit, but refrained from making any mention because, after all, it was late 60's and just a bit before my time (if you believe that you'll believe anything ! ;) ) :p :wah:
FourPart

keyboard players

Post by FourPart »

Well, must be before mine, as I can't say I've ever heard of it - at least, not by title. Might know it if I heard it, though.
G#Gill

keyboard players

Post by G#Gill »

Just for FourPart...............................

www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Vz-z4PEkk
High Threshold

keyboard players

Post by High Threshold »

G#Gill;1476863 wrote: Oh I did notice the reference to the Lemon Pipers hit, but refrained from making any mention because, after all, it was late 60's and just a bit before my time (if you believe that you'll believe anything ! ;) ) :p :wah:
I refuse to comment. I've been around women most of my life and I know a trap when I see one. :yh_nailbi
High Threshold

keyboard players

Post by High Threshold »

FourPart;1476864 wrote: Well, must be before mine, as I can't say I've ever heard of it - at least, not by title. Might know it if I heard it, though.
Oh, you young people! Bet you didn't know that Paul McCartney was in a band back in the 60's either.
G#Gill

keyboard players

Post by G#Gill »

Who's Paul McCartney ? Is he that chap who wrote that classical orchestral piece a few years ago ?
FourPart

keyboard players

Post by FourPart »

G#Gill;1476866 wrote: Just for FourPart...............................

www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Vz-z4PEkk

Now I recognise it. The guitar player certainly looks really bored, and the drummer looking stupid, while trying to be flambuoyant. Interestingly, though, it wasn't even a Green Tambourine he was playing. That was a bit remiss of them. Plus the image of the Green Tambourine shown in the video wasn't even the one being played - the image one had a skin.
FourPart

keyboard players

Post by FourPart »

High Threshold;1476868 wrote: Oh, you young people! Bet you didn't know that Paul McCartney was in a band back in the 60's either.

He was with several bands in the 60s.
High Threshold

keyboard players

Post by High Threshold »

G#Gill;1476871 wrote: Who's Paul McCartney ? Is he that chap who wrote that classical orchestral piece a few years ago ?
Yeah, that's the one. :yh_wait

FourPart;1476873 wrote: He was with several bands in the 60s.
Oh Christ. :yh_wait
FourPart

keyboard players

Post by FourPart »

High Threshold;1476874 wrote: Yeah, that's the one. :yh_wait

Oh Christ. :yh_wait

Was he in a band in the 60s as well, then?
High Threshold

keyboard players

Post by High Threshold »

FourPart;1476881 wrote: Was he in a band in the 60s as well, then?
"A" band? Band membership, multiple counts. Nice how things eventually work out in complete circles, ain't it. :wah:
G#Gill

keyboard players

Post by G#Gill »

I believe Richard Starkey was in the same band ! You don't hear an awful lot about him these days though.......... ;)
High Threshold

keyboard players

Post by High Threshold »

G#Gill;1476897 wrote: I believe Richard Starkey was in the same band ! You don't hear an awful lot about him these days though.......... ;)
Funny. When the bets were in I tipped him to be the first "to go" .... I mean succumb to the drugs and perish. But nope! He's still kicking.
G#Gill

keyboard players

Post by G#Gill »

High Threshold;1476898 wrote: Funny. When the bets were in I tipped him to be the first "to go" .... I mean succumb to the drugs and perish. But nope! He's still kicking.

I think they all grew up over time, one by one ! :wah:
FourPart

keyboard players

Post by FourPart »

High Threshold;1476898 wrote: Funny. When the bets were in I tipped him to be the first "to go" .... I mean succumb to the drugs and perish. But nope! He's still kicking.
Don't think he ever came to much. I understand he's relegated to narrating kiddies' TV programmes these days.
High Threshold

keyboard players

Post by High Threshold »

He's the worse for wear. If you watch any of the interviews with him you can see and hear the drug-induced slur in his speech. Not to say that he still partakes (I wouldn't know) but the traces of drugs have left their mark to be sure. In my imagination I see the least talented member of the quartet feeling incompetent and seeking comfort in other ways, but then it's fools like me and even worse who once said Paul was dead!

G#Gill

keyboard players

Post by G#Gill »

FourPart;1476902 wrote: Don't think he ever came to much. I understand he's relegated to narrating kiddies' TV programmes these days.

Not necessarily,, FourPart ! .......................................................... Ringo is 74 in this video, not bad going for a drug-swamped talentless scouser, eh? I expect you'll notice Yoko Ono and her son (by John Lennon) rockin' along with everybody in the audience !

Paul & Ringo 50 years later. Feb 09, 2014 - YouTube
High Threshold

keyboard players

Post by High Threshold »

G#Gill;1476932 wrote: Not necessarily,, FourPart ! .......................................................... Ringo is 74 in this video, not bad going for a drug-swamped talentless scouser, eh? I expect you'll notice Yoko Ono and her son (by John Lennon) rockin' along with everybody in the audience !

Paul & Ringo 50 years later. Feb 09, 2014 - YouTube
Mmmmmmm! So nice! I see that Paul is looking more like a 4.2 than an E-Type these days. And Davey Jones at 9:03 …. without the tambourine thank God! And I don't care what Yoko is doing, just the sight of her goes right up my nose.

FourPart;1476902 wrote: Don't think he ever came to much. I understand he's relegated to narrating kiddies' TV programmes these days.
Excuse me? What is wrong with narrating kiddies' TV programmes? Is it a step down from “Rocky Racoon”, you think?
G#Gill

keyboard players

Post by G#Gill »

Davy Jones @ 9.03 !! ?? That video is dated 2014 and here's me thinking that Davy Jones (The Monkees ?) died in Feb. 2012 !!! Unless that's a different Davy Jones :confused:

Yoko Ono thinks highly of you too ! :yh_rotfl
High Threshold

keyboard players

Post by High Threshold »

G#Gill;1476954 wrote: Davy Jones @ 9.03 !! ?? That video is dated 2014 and here's me thinking that Davy Jones (The Monkees ?) died in Feb. 2012 !!! Unless that's a different Davy Jones :confused:
Did you look at 9:03? Do so and we'll discuss it.

G#Gill;1476954 wrote: Yoko Ono thinks highly of you too ! :yh_rotfl
I'm chuffed to know she's aware of my opinion. She must have got my letters after all!
FourPart

keyboard players

Post by FourPart »

I reckon it's amazing how good they look for their age. They could both easily pass for being in their 50s.
High Threshold

keyboard players

Post by High Threshold »

FourPart;1476961 wrote: I reckon it's amazing how good they look for their age. They could both easily pass for being in their 50s.
It was the freedom of the 60's you know. I'lll be 68 tomorrow and I look like 17! Well, I act like 17 anyway. :-6
FourPart

keyboard players

Post by FourPart »

High Threshold;1476964 wrote: It was the freedom of the 60's you know. I'lll be 68 tomorrow and I look like 17! Well, I act like 17 anyway. :-6
I was 55 on Saturday & I look 75.
High Threshold

keyboard players

Post by High Threshold »

FourPart;1476965 wrote: I was 55 on Saturday & I look 75.
Really? So we're both Aries. Poor us.

FourPart

keyboard players

Post by FourPart »

High Threshold;1476967 wrote: Really? So we're both Aries. Poor us.

Always was a bit of a Ram.
High Threshold

keyboard players

Post by High Threshold »

FourPart;1476970 wrote: Always was a bit of a Ram.
You also get frequent headaches, eh?

Return to “General Music”