How To Get To Heaven When You Die

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

xfrodobagginsx;1469117 wrote: They are entitled to believe whatever they want. With that said, they will have to live with the consequences for all of eternity. God has revealed Himself to me in many ways. Many of them are unbelievable and some inexplicable. Some through true blue miracles. Through revelations. Mostly through His Word, the Bible. I implore this person and anyone else to please just give God a chance to reveal Himself to you. Pray and ask God if He's real to reveal Himself to you and tell Him that if He is willing to do that that you will give your life to Him and accept His gift of salvation. If He doesn't reveal Himself to you, then keep doing what you are doing, no harm done.

Can't imagine why you think anyone believes that, especially on a message board.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

AnneBoleyn;1469134 wrote: Can't imagine why you think anyone believes that, especially on a message board.

I didn't say anyone believed or didn't believe it, I am saying that everyone SHOULD believe it. There is plenty of evidence to show it.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

There is evidence that a non-existent being 'revealed' itself? What evidence? And I'm not talking about word of mouth superstitious religious sources. I'm talking about real, hard, demonstrable evidence.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

xfrodobagginsx;1469479 wrote: I didn't say anyone believed or didn't believe it, I am saying that everyone SHOULD believe it. There is plenty of evidence to show it.

It's not up to you what Everyone Should Believe. It's your opinion.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

AnneBoleyn;1469505 wrote: It's not up to you what Everyone Should Believe. It's your opinion.

You're right. It's not up to ME, it's up to GOD and He's the one who says so.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Merry Christmas!!!!
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Happy New Year! What better way to start off the Year than with a right relationship with God. Please take the time to read this first post.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

:-2
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

:-6
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

:guitarist
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Please take the time to read this first post.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That’s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1473010 wrote: Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That�s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die
Wrong. At a child's funeral, the Priest / Vicar wears a white Tippet (as opposed to a Purple one for adults) as it signifies purity, innocence & freedom from sin.

Besides, the rules as to what is & what isn't sin are man-made anyway. If one culture deems something that we might consider as being evil, while they consider it as being pure, who are we to say that they are wrong? We have one set of rules. Others have their sets of rules. Sin, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1473012 wrote: Wrong. At a child's funeral, the Priest / Vicar wears a white Tippet (as opposed to a Purple one for adults) as it signifies purity, innocence & freedom from sin.

Besides, the rules as to what is & what isn't sin are man-made anyway. If one culture deems something that we might consider as being evil, while they consider it as being pure, who are we to say that they are wrong? We have one set of rules. Others have their sets of rules. Sin, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

I don't care what the Priest wears or says. I care what God's Word says. God has the Authority over all, including the Priests/ Vicar. The rules of sin is not man made, it comes from God. Sin is in the eye of God and we are to conform to how God sees things.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Omni_Skittles;1058931 wrote: Sometimes i just wonder what's wrong with Christians.... SERIOUSLY! :yh_rotfl

Theres a lot wrong with Christians, and I am double sure they are wondering whats wrong with you as well.

But on this site, anyone who has speaks about God, can be expected to be ridiculed and misunderstood. Its just how it is here. Its not a " God heavy site"; I know, I been here a long time. They are going to cremate this thread, because its a language they don't know.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Mickiel;1473501 wrote: Theres a lot wrong with Christians, and I am double sure they are wondering whats wrong with you as well.

But on this site, anyone who has speaks about God, can be expected to be ridiculed and misunderstood. Its just how it is here. Its not a " God heavy site"; I know, I been here a long time. They are going to cremate this thread, because its a language they don't know.
It's like promoting Black Pride at a Ku Klux Klan meeting.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1473544 wrote: It's like promoting Black Pride at a Ku Klux Klan meeting.

I think it's worse. And if the thread gets more attention than they do; oh good grief, they will really crucify you in many different ways.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Why though? Shouldn't people be concerned with where they are going to spend Eternity when they die?
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1473813 wrote: Why though? Shouldn't people be concerned with where they are going to spend Eternity when they die?
No, becaue there's no such thing.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1473820 wrote: No, becaue there's no such thing.

What makes you so sure? Have you ever prayed and said "God, if you're real and Jesus Christ is who He says He is, please reveal it to me in a way that there is no doubt that you are real and that Jesus Christ did die on the cross and rise from the dead and if you will, I promise that I will give my life to you"? If there is no God, then you have nothing to worry about, however, if God answers you, then you should give your life to Him.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1473931 wrote: What makes you so sure? Have you ever prayed and said "God, if you're real and Jesus Christ is who He says He is, please reveal it to me in a way that there is no doubt that you are real and that Jesus Christ did die on the cross and rise from the dead and if you will, I promise that I will give my life to you"? If there is no God, then you have nothing to worry about, however, if God answers you, then you should give your life to Him.
Yes - and I got no answer. Not that I was really expecting any. Like many others I've been through that phase of wanting there to be something more & even tried to turn to Religion, but all I found was affirmation of the disgusting fraud it all is.

Mind you, by your very suggestion aren't breaking the rule "Thou shalt not question thy Lord God" (or whatever the actual wording is).
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

There is no "Thou shalt not question the Lord thy God" Commandment. It's "Thou Shalt Not take the name of the Lord thy God in Vain."

I can tell you that God has 100% revealed Himself to me. He has spoken to me. He has performed true blue miracles in my family as a direct result of prayer. Sometimes, God requires us to be diligent in our pursuit of the truth before He will reveal it to you. Maybe God knows that even if He reveals Himself to you that you won't believe anyway, perhaps you will write it off as something else. I think if you are truly in your heart willing to believe and you humble yourself before God, He will reveal Himself to you. God looks on our heart.

1Pe 5:5 ¶ Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

There is no "Thou shalt not question the Lord thy God" Commandment. It's "Thou Shalt Not take the name of the Lord thy God in Vain."

I can tell you that God has 100% revealed Himself to me. He has spoken to me. He has performed true blue miracles in my family as a direct result of prayer. Sometimes, God requires us to be diligent in our pursuit of the truth before He will reveal it to you. Maybe God knows that even if He reveals Himself to you that you won't believe anyway, perhaps you will write it off as something else. I think if you are truly in your heart willing to believe and you humble yourself before God, He will reveal Himself to you. God looks on our heart.

1Pe 5:5 ¶ Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Happy Clappies will always see the positive (to the way they want to see it). The glass being half full, as opposed to half empty has nothing on them. They see glasses as being 1% full & consider that as a vast abundance.

When prayers go unanswered it's all part of God's great plan. The when something happens that slightly co-incides with just one of the multitude of prayers that went unanswered, then "Lo! It's a miracle. God has answered my prayers". If you buy 100 Lottery Tickets every week the chances are that you'l win a few smaller prizes, but you'll still ultimately be on the losing side. Then, there is the VERY outside chance that you could win the Jackpot. Life is like a Lottery. Prayers are the Tickets - Random Chance. If it were otherwise you would be wining the Jackpot not only every week, but on every single one of those 100 tickets.

Four people pray for the outcome of a football match. One prays for his team to win. Another prays for his (the opposing side) to win. Another prays for a draw, while the other prays for the game to be cancelled for some reason or another. One way or another one of those prayers has to be answered. "Lo! It's a Miracle! My prayers were answered. Outright proof of the existence of God!"
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

You're explanation doesn't explain true blue miracles, healings, seeing angels, talking to God, ect. God uses the natural realm many times to answer prayer, because He has total control over it. He does things in such a way that the non believers will continue to disbelieve and the believers will see God working through the circumstances. If seen it through the eyes of the non believer and understand why you would think that. But when you look at it from the eyes of a believer, God reveals wonderful things to your mind that you otherwise would not see, that you may see His hand in it all. My family has had true blue miracles as the direct result of prayer.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1474726 wrote: You're explanation doesn't explain true blue miracles, healings, seeing angels, talking to God, ect. God uses the natural realm many times to answer prayer, because He has total control over it. He does things in such a way that the non believers will continue to disbelieve and the believers will see God working through the circumstances. If seen it through the eyes of the non believer and understand why you would think that. But when you look at it from the eyes of a believer, God reveals wonderful things to your mind that you otherwise would not see, that you may see His hand in it all. My family has had true blue miracles as the direct result of prayer.
As you believe it. You believe that a miracle has occured because a prayer has been answered. How many of those prayers went unanswered? You can keep throwing a pair of dice & on each throw you pray for a Double 6. Most of the time your prayer will go unanswered, but once in a while you will throw a Double 6. Wow!! Your prayers were answered. That must be a miracle.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1474727 wrote: As you believe it. You believe that a miracle has occured because a prayer has been answered. How many of those prayers went unanswered? You can keep throwing a pair of dice & on each throw you pray for a Double 6. Most of the time your prayer will go unanswered, but once in a while you will throw a Double 6. Wow!! Your prayers were answered. That must be a miracle.

Dice don't send Angels, voices that predict what happened and tell what happened or cause Firefighters to come to exact places they need to be at the right time.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1474862 wrote: Dice don't send Angels, voices that predict what happened and tell what happened or cause Firefighters to come to exact places they need to be at the right time.
Dice don't send angels, no. Quite simply because there's no such thing. 'Voices', while not fully understood, are frequently recognised as being due to mental illness. The existence of Telepathy is also generally accepted, although not yet understood, or even proved under laboratory conditions. Premonitions are also common. I get them myself & always have done, yet there's no way they can be put down to prayer.

As for Fire Fighters turning up at the right place, there's another explanation for that - it's called 999 (or 911, depending on where you are).
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1474968 wrote: Dice don't send angels, no. Quite simply because there's no such thing. 'Voices', while not fully understood, are frequently recognised as being due to mental illness. The existence of Telepathy is also generally accepted, although not yet understood, or even proved under laboratory conditions. Premonitions are also common. I get them myself & always have done, yet there's no way they can be put down to prayer.

As for Fire Fighters turning up at the right place, there's another explanation for that - it's called 999 (or 911, depending on where you are).

You don't know what you are talking about. I will share the story next time I'm on here. No time now.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Christians Do go to heaven:

Mr 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

(KJV)

Php 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.

23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

People in heaven:

Re 19:1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

(KJV)

Jesus Christ is going to rule and reign on the earth. The believers will be with Him on the earth at that time. Right now believer's go to heaven to be with the Lord Jesus Christ because that is where He is.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I just concern myself with the day-to-day stuff. Being kind and not judging others, and trusting that God's got all the big stuff figured out.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1475754 wrote: I just concern myself with the day-to-day stuff. Being kind and not judging others, and trusting that God's got all the big stuff figured out.

But has there ever been a time when you repented, placing your faith in Jesus Christ for salvation, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins?
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1476062 wrote: But has there ever been a time when you repented, placing your faith in Jesus Christ for salvation, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins?
Nope.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1476066 wrote: Nope.

Joh 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1476540 wrote: Joh 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

So much for a loving Father. Trying to force his will by making threats.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1476585 wrote: So much for a loving Father. Trying to force his will by making threats.

If you are not born again, He is not your Father. He adopts you into His family when you place your faith in Jesus Christ for salvation, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1476923 wrote: If you are not born again, He is not your Father. He adopts you into His family when you place your faith in Jesus Christ for salvation, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins.

So, some hippy, which some other crazed hippies elevated to the status of a deity, supposedly died for the sins I haven't committed thousands of years before I was conceived, without even giving me a say in the matter. And I'm supposed to be grateful for that? Yeah, right.

(You do realise that Ergot Fungus (the basis for LSD) grows on Rye Bread, don't you? 'Bread' of Heaven. Breaking 'Bread'. 'Loaves' & Fishes etc...)
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1476927 wrote: So, some hippy, which some other crazed hippies elevated to the status of a deity, supposedly died for the sins I haven't committed thousands of years before I was conceived, without even giving me a say in the matter. And I'm supposed to be grateful for that? Yeah, right.

(You do realise that Ergot Fungus (the basis for LSD) grows on Rye Bread, don't you? 'Bread' of Heaven. Breaking 'Bread'. 'Loaves' & Fishes etc...)

They weren't hippies and Jesus Performed Miracles, proving He is God. He thought of you thousands of years in advance, yes.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1477195 wrote: They weren't hippies and Jesus Performed Miracles, proving He is God. He thought of you thousands of years in advance, yes.Long hair, wore sandals, didn't have a job, preached "Peace Man", always on the wine. Sounds like a hippie to me.

So his followers 'Claimed' he did a few magic tricks - each of which have been duplicated by modern day illusionists. Once again, he never claimed to be God. He never even claimed to be 'THE' Son of God - only 'A' Son of God, as were all men. Furthermore, much of what was written of things he said was written verbatim when nobody else was there (e.g. the Temptation). And you think Creative Journalism is a new thing. It just goes to show that when things like that are clearly made up that the rest of it has no basic foundation of credibility either.
halfway

Post by halfway »

The Bible seems pretty clear on this.

And it's Truth cannot be disputed.

Well, except by those with hearts of stone.
My Journal of a New Endeavor
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

halfway;1477324 wrote: The Bible seems pretty clear on this.

And it's Truth cannot be disputed.

Well, except by those with hearts of stone.
3 short statements & every one of the wrong.

1. The Bible is notoriously ambiguous & contradictory throughout.

2. Obviously its truth CAN be disputed - we're disputing it here.

3. I, for one, am of an extremely emotional nature.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

I'm not convinced that there is a “heaven” - or a “hell” for that matter.

I sometimes envy the dead and look forward to my own death ….. finally a good rest with no more worries! But we don't really know that to be true. I might end up an insurance accountant in the next life, with a tyrant for a boss. Or perhaps the next world is inhabited by demons that snatch people from street corners and put them to work in archives of the public library. How are we to know?
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1477328 wrote: 3 short statements & every one of the wrong.

1. The Bible is notoriously ambiguous & contradictory throughout.

2. Obviously its truth CAN be disputed - we're disputing it here.

3. I, for one, am of an extremely emotional nature.

It's not ambiguous regarding salvation and the important doctrines. Some things are hidden for specific times by God. It does not contradict.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

xfrodobagginsx;1477692 wrote: ..... Some things are hidden for specific times by God. It does not contradict.
So what's in the box isn't a garden hose (although it sort of looks like one, in one way though not in another) but it's nothing to do with sports anyway and it doesn't contradict anything we've said so far so just pay for it and we might give it to you some day ….. or maybe not. We have a saying in Swedish: “Never buy a pig in a sack”.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

High Threshold;1477695 wrote: So what's in the box isn't a garden hose (although it sort of looks like one, in one way though not in another) but it's nothing to do with sports anyway and it doesn't contradict anything we've said so far so just pay for it and we might give it to you some day ….. or maybe not. We have a saying in Swedish: “Never buy a pig in a sack”.

There are different dispensations or periods where God dealt with man in different ways. Soon the age of Grace will be over and the Kingdom Gospel will be preached once again.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

xfrodobagginsx;1477915 wrote: There are different dispensations or periods where God dealt with man in different ways. Soon the age of Grace will be over and the Kingdom Gospel will be preached once again.
I can hardly wait.

xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

High Threshold;1477610 wrote: I'm not convinced that there is a “heaven” - or a “hell” for that matter.

I sometimes envy the dead and look forward to my own death ….. finally a good rest with no more worries! But we don't really know that to be true. I might end up an insurance accountant in the next life, with a tyrant for a boss. Or perhaps the next world is inhabited by demons that snatch people from street corners and put them to work in archives of the public library. How are we to know?

What is “hell” ?
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

xfrodobagginsx;1478060 wrote: What is “hell” ?

xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

High Threshold;1478061 wrote:

What is so funny?
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

xfrodobagginsx;1478229 wrote: What is so funny?
You made a joke ... so I laughed.

Return to “General Chit Chat”