Mediterranean Migrants

Bruv

Mediterranean Migrants

Post by Bruv »

May wants some people returned

Theresa May has said she thinks some of the economic migrants should be returned, to discourage others.

Realistically she does have a point purely on humanitarian grounds.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
flopstock

Mediterranean Migrants

Post by flopstock »

Any idea what is happening to these boats carrying all these folks? Are they at least being confiscated?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Bruv

Mediterranean Migrants

Post by Bruv »

flopstock;1479216 wrote: Any idea what is happening to these boats carrying all these folks? Are they at least being confiscated?

Like the passengers they are disposable. I understood they are mainly scrapped vessels on the way to be broke up and bought cheaply for this trade, one trip is enough to cover expenses and make profit.
FourPart

Mediterranean Migrants

Post by FourPart »

Much as I hate to agree with Tory notions, I agree. Political refugees who are under real threat of their lives is one thing. Those who make use of circumstances to further their own ends is quite another. I also believe that in the case of genuine asylum seekers / refugees, once the initial threat is removed, then their resettlement status should be re-evaluated and, where appropriate, repatriated. Of course, this shouldn't be an across the board, and should only be considered on a case by case method, taking into consideration time legitimately spent in the country as a refugee, employment status, families formed whilst living here etc.
Bruv

Mediterranean Migrants

Post by Bruv »

My reasoning is to make them know before setting off,the dangers of traveling across the sea, might be futile because you will be returned without question so discouraging future trips.
halfway

Mediterranean Migrants

Post by halfway »

Pay for their trip. Give them a house. Give them a salary. Give them a phone. Give up your culture. Get them to vote!

Build the system. :)

To easy.
My Journal of a New Endeavor
Bruv

Mediterranean Migrants

Post by Bruv »

halfway;1479356 wrote: Pay for their trip. Give them a house. Give them a salary. Give them a phone. Give up your culture. Get them to vote!

Build the system. :)

To easy.

Is that short hand for napalm the ba*&ards ?
halfway

Mediterranean Migrants

Post by halfway »

Just the opposite....a very multiculturist, liberal progressive view.

Embrace the guilt of your well being and accept all those who wish to enter your culture. Change it as need be.
Bruv

Mediterranean Migrants

Post by Bruv »

halfway;1479363 wrote: Just the opposite....a very multiculturist, liberal progressive view.

Embrace the guilt of your well being and accept all those who wish to enter your culture. Change it as need be.

What guilt ?

What culture ?

Are you trying to be humorous, enigmatic, ironic or just contrary ?
Smaug

Mediterranean Migrants

Post by Smaug »

halfway;1479363 wrote: Just the opposite....a very multiculturist, liberal progressive view.

When people travel to foreign lands to settle, why should the "endemic" culture have to change? If you stayed in "my house", I would expect you to abide by "house rules", not impose your own!

Rather like people who buy a house near a church, them complain about the bells!!:-5
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
halfway

Mediterranean Migrants

Post by halfway »

Smaug;1479374 wrote: When people travel to foreign lands to settle, why should the "endemic" culture have to change? If you stayed in "my house", I would expect you to abide by "house rules", not impose your own!

Rather like people who buy a house near a church, them complain about the bells!!:-5

Ahhhh!! Common sense!
Smaug

Mediterranean Migrants

Post by Smaug »

halfway;1479375 wrote: Ahhhh!! Common sense!

A quality that is in short supply at the moment, it would seem, judging from world events, and reactions to them.
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Bruv

Mediterranean Migrants

Post by Bruv »

Before speaking let me let you 'new' guys know I am married to a foreigner, a black immigrant.

Now.............how on earth can a massive influx of different cultures into any country not have an affect on the original culture ?

As a for instance.....there are some 'new comers' in my town that meet in groups in the town centre hanging around talking.

It is so un-British and to be fair 'frightening' to the elder residents.

Why is Curry the leading UK take away of choice ?

It is whether you believe these changes are good or bad that matters.
Bruv

Mediterranean Migrants

Post by Bruv »

EU ministers have approved plans to establish a naval force to combat people-smugglers operating from Libya.

It has to be the way to go on humanitarian grounds.
Smaug

Mediterranean Migrants

Post by Smaug »

Bruv;1479387 wrote: Before speaking let me let you 'new' guys know I am married to a foreigner, a black immigrant.

Now.............how on earth can a massive influx of different cultures into any country not have an affect on the original culture ?

As a for instance.....there are some 'new comers' in my town that meet in groups in the town centre hanging around talking.

It is so un-British and to be fair 'frightening' to the elder residents.

Why is Curry the leading UK take away of choice ?

It is whether you believe these changes are good or bad that matters.

It also depends upon the scale of the immigration, and the pace of the changes. Personally, I've got nothing against immigration, it can be good for the Nation as a whole. We are, after all, a "mongrel" Nation anyway, having been invaded and colonized by many different European powers in our history, and have accepted many faiths and cultures from around the word, mainly in tolerance and amity. As I say, it's the SCALE and the PACE of change, coupled with the strain on housing, employment and education, that unsettles people, I think.

Some UK cities are approaching the stage where being "native" is to be in the minority! Take a walk in London, English is often a MINORITY language!

As for MASS IMMIGRATION, it's not good for anyone.
FourPart

Mediterranean Migrants

Post by FourPart »

Then comes the question as to at which point does Mass Immigration become Colonisation? Then there is the question of integration. If I visit another person's country I consider myself as being the guest there & expect to abide by their laws & to learn something about their language & culture. I do not expect them to speak my language or to change their laws to suit me, or for me to be exempt from their laws. I also do not expect them to pay for interpretors so that I can claim welfare payments over there. Why is it, therefore that this country seems to feel obliged to do so for fear of being regarded as 'racist' if we don't?
Bruv

Mediterranean Migrants

Post by Bruv »

FourPart;1479521 wrote: Then comes the question as to at which point does Mass Immigration become Colonisation? Then there is the question of integration. If I visit another person's country I consider myself as being the guest there & expect to abide by their laws & to learn something about their language & culture. I do not expect them to speak my language or to change their laws to suit me, or for me to be exempt from their laws. I also do not expect them to pay for interpretors so that I can claim welfare payments over there. Why is it, therefore that this country seems to feel obliged to do so for fear of being regarded as 'racist' if we don't?

Funny you should say such things, when the British 'colonised' with relatively few numbers, very little integration, installed their own laws, religions and education and totally over hauled cultures and customs.

Different times I know, continuation of the same story though.
FourPart

Mediterranean Migrants

Post by FourPart »

Bruv;1479523 wrote: Funny you should say such things, when the British 'colonised' with relatively few numbers, very little integration, installed their own laws, religions and education and totally over hauled cultures and customs.

Different times I know, continuation of the same story though.
And wasn't right then either. However, in these more enlightened times the world should have learned its lessons from the past.
Smaug

Mediterranean Migrants

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1479525 wrote: And wasn't right then either. However, in these more enlightened times the world should have learned its lessons from the past.

Indeed we should, or it becomes a vendetta of sorts; "We did it to them, so they can do it to us".

Have we learned nothing over the years? If you don't learn the lessons of history, how can you avoid making the same mistakes?

Return to “Current Events”