SATB Such

FourPart

SATB Such

Post by FourPart »

I was wondering if there's any users here who like myself not only enjoy listening to music, but actively participating.

I am an active member of a Community SATB (Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass) Choir. Although we rehearse in a Church Hall, we are not affiliated to the Church in any way - it's just a convenient venue for rehearsals.

We do a wide variety of music, covering Rock, Musicals, Classical and, yes, even some Religious music. For instance, this season's programme consisted of such pieces as Pinball Wizard (by The Who, from Tommy), a medley from Sister Act (by the Ladies of the choir), Goin' Home (from Dvorak's New World Symphony - Men Only), West Side Story Medley, Nessun Dorma, You'll Never Walk Alone & When The Saints Go Marching In (3 football themed songs, due to this being World Cup year), Songs From The 1st World War Medley (due to anniversary of 1914 - 1918 as well as D-Day), and many more.

It is a sad fact that most people automatically associate the very word "Choir" with Religion, Churches, or generally High Brow stuff, but as this selection demonstrates, that's not necessarily the case. More recently Gareth Malone has brought this point home by his popular T.V. series where he forms local Community Choirs, probably the most famous being Military Wives.

So, anyone else into this sort of thing?

Incidentally, feel free to check out our website - New Music Makers and if you happen to live in the Southampton, U.K. region, we're always interested in prospective new members - especially Male voices (as is the case with most choirs).
Chloe_88

SATB Such

Post by Chloe_88 »

I do love music and listen to music every day.

I sing in the shower, but I think that is where my singing should stay!

Love almost all kinds of music, depends on my mood. But in my favourite list are songs from; Ray Charles & Nina Simone.
FourPart

SATB Such

Post by FourPart »

I've just received notification from SheetMusicPlus that my latest works have finally gone live after some technical difficulties their end.

Gaudete (SATB Arrangement)

Twinklebel (SATB Arrangement / Interpretation)

Absolutely Nothing (Single Voice Original)

The Minstrel Boy (SATB Arrangement)
FourPart

SATB Such

Post by FourPart »

My latest work....

An arrangement of A. S. Sullivan's "The Lost Chord" (currently awaiting Digital Publication approval.

FourPart

SATB Such

Post by FourPart »

Not exactly Seasonal (YET), but nothing wrong in getting in on the market nice & early.

Like many others, I love the tune which Dave Gorman uses to accompany his "Found Poems" on "Life Is Goodish". When I researched it I found it to be "Saraband", from Handel's Suite in D Minor. It also appears to be a much sought after piece, so I decided to write an SATB version of it. Having done the notes, I felt it needed some words, and as the opening part had a steading, plodding beat to it, the words "Follow, The Star" seemed to fit quite nicely, and the rest just followed on from there.

Watch this space...

FourPart

SATB Such

Post by FourPart »

And another Xmas Arrangement - although this time much simpler - and my first effort at putting words with the video:

Return to “General Music”