What's The Majority Opinion by UK Folks on the Iran Deal---For Or Against?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Lon

Post by Lon »

CNN Poll shows majority of Americans don't want it to fly.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

For. Absolutely.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Lon;1483352 wrote: CNN Poll shows majority of Americans don't want it to fly.

If it's not "allowed to fly", the Iranians will go ahead and develop weapons grade fast-breeder nuclear installations beyond our control anyway, which will almost certainly spark a nuclear arms race in the highly unstable Middle East.

By allowing it to happen, and imposing strict conditions before it starts, we do at least have a measure of control, thus making it a manageable proposition whilst re-integrating Iran with the rest of the wider World, which may be very important for dealing with scumbags like I.S., who in my opinion are as bad as Hitler's SS murderers.

I do understand the unease, though. It needs handling correctly and carefully, with no softening of the strict conditions of development, and transparency to the nuclear inspectors assigned to monitor this programme.

On balance, I'm in favour of the deal.
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

So ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, to clarify,

The CNN/ORC International Poll was conducted by telephone July 22-25 among a random national sample of 1,017 adults, including 898 registered voters. Results for all adults have a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

To translate that to "majority of Americans..." is a bit of a reach, I think.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

What does Iran want with Nuclear Weapons anyway, when it gets ISIS to do its dirty work of taking over the Middle East, and then the rest of the world for them?
spot

Post by spot »

FourPart;1483364 wrote: What does Iran want with Nuclear Weapons anyway, when it gets ISIS to do its dirty work of taking over the Middle East, and then the rest of the world for them?

You know, ISIS is an extreme Sunni Muslim organization funded by the God-forsaken Saudis and their other Sunni Arab associates. Iran is the chief bulwark of Shia Muslims and is absolutely, utterly opposed to everything ISIS stands for. The two have nothing whatever in common, Iraq sends military commanders into Shia areas of Iraq for the sole purpose of holding back ISIS and protecting the civil population.

To answer the OP, "What's The Majority Opinion by UK Folks on the Iran Deal", they'll parrot whatever the egg-stained tabloid on their breakfast table tells them to say.

Were my opinion sought, I'd say that all non-weapons trade sanctions should be classified as an illegal weapon of mass destruction and banned by the United Nations. All weapons sanctions should be obligatory, no international weapons sales should be allowed at all. Just calling it "Sanctions" is too vague. If anyone wants to express abhorrence they can use Sport and Culture sanctions, which very effectively brought down Apartheid South Africa.

My Poll response - I'm entirely "For" the Iran deal.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Mark Aspam

Post by Mark Aspam »

spot;1483368 wrote: My Poll response - I'm entirely "For" the Iran deal.Me too, and also, by the way, are most of the Jews I know.

If there were ever a case of "the lesser of two evils", this is it.

Return to “General Chit Chat”