Christian and Muslim. Inequality OUT. World piece IN.

Ted

Post by Ted »

The ChristianBible has become an idol.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Post by Gnostic Christian Bishop »

Ted;1483238 wrote: That certainly is a point of view. But you are judging

Absolutely. That is what we are to do.

If Christians were as immoral as their God, we would all have guns in hand and be doing some killing because we would not be able to trust such as they would be filth.

If you find a Christian with his God's morals, for God's sake, kill him quickly.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1483239 wrote: The ChristianBible has become an idol.

Yes. They have a Godinabook.

Thumpers cannot speak of God without quoting some long dead Jew.

Strange how they otherwise disrespect Jews. The right wing that is. I do not think the left cares anymore one way or the other.

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

Paul said in Galations there was no male or female, no rich or poor, no Greek or Jew. He went oon to say that we are all on in this Jesus. I like that. That is equality but I think that extends to all of the human race.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1484051 wrote: Paul said in Galations there was no male or female, no rich or poor, no Greek or Jew. He went oon to say that we are all on in this Jesus. I like that. That is equality but I think that extends to all of the human race.

It does to all moral people but unfortunately, most are in mainstream religions and those are far from morale.

We Gnostics have tied righteousness to equality and that is why we are Universalists.

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

We do have to bare in mind that in Micah 6:8 we are told that what God desires is doing justice and coving compassion. In Matt. 25 Jesus parable has listed what God expects of us. Neither is doctrine or dogma. All dogma and doctrine are humsn constructs,
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1484130 wrote: We do have to bare in mind that in Micah 6:8 we are told that what God desires is doing justice and coving compassion. In Matt. 25 Jesus parable has listed what God expects of us. Neither is doctrine or dogma. All dogma and doctrine are humsn constructs,

Are you suggesting that Matt. 25 is not a human construct?

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

Not at all. It was a parable thought to come from Jesus. Yes it is a human construct either by Jesus or the evangelists that wrote the gospels.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1484239 wrote: Not at all. It was a parable thought to come from Jesus. Yes it is a human construct either by Jesus or the evangelists that wrote the gospels.

+ 1

The only things I have found where people think Jesus' real word are spoken is the Gospel of Thomas. Our Gnostic Christian myths give Jesus voice there but we never read our own myth literally any more than we read any of the other holy books literally.

Literal reading to us is to sell our souls to Satan. So to speak.

We do acknowledge though that some wisdom sayings can be read literally. We just do not assign those words to any particular literal person.

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

I do like the Gospel of Thomas but whether or not the represent his actual words or are a reflection of some of the things he said is open.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1484255 wrote: I do like the Gospel of Thomas but whether or not the represent his actual words or are a reflection of some of the things he said is open.

No argument buddy.

There are some good wisdom sayings in it but for sure they should not be attributed to a real Jesus as our scriptures are representing myths, just as all scriptures did. Even the Jewish ones that are plagiarized from Summer and Egypt and the Christian ones that followed from the Jewish ones.

I think that the Jews actually did a nice job. It is a shame that Constantine's Christianity screwed it all up.

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

Did Constantine really screw up or is that merely a judgement in hind sight. Far too many folks in this world think that they and they alone have a handle on the truth. Now I do find that extremely funny since it is not true of anyone.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1484853 wrote: Did Constantine really screw up or is that merely a judgement in hind sight. Far too many folks in this world think that they and they alone have a handle on the truth. Now I do find that extremely funny since it is not true of anyone.

Constantine wanted to solidify, harmonize and stabilized the empire. Instead of finding or creating a religion that would do so without murdering all descent and burning all other scriptures, he decided to force his version of Christianity down everyone's throat.

They put the Dark Ages as starting about 100 years after his failed project so yes, I would say he screwed up royally.

Any good theology or philosophy will automatically be embraced by a population as they would see the benefits of it. The fact that Constantine had to use murder to have his Christianity accepted shows just how poor of a theology it was and is.

It is designed to enslave us instead of freeing us.

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

Now you are proposing to tell us what Constantine thought. Wow!!! Wish I had that power. LOL. Actually Constantine called the councils together. He even used the threat of force to make the council a success . It was the church leadership that put the Bible together. Yes it was an attempt to make the empire a better place. Whether or not it was a total failure is simply opinion.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1485127 wrote: Now you are proposing to tell us what Constantine thought. Wow!!! Wish I had that power. LOL. Actually Constantine called the councils together. He even used the threat of force to make the council a success . It was the church leadership that put the Bible together. Yes it was an attempt to make the empire a better place. Whether or not it was a total failure is simply opinion.

Constantine wanted to solidify, harmonize and stabilized the empire.

You seem to doubt that statement yet that is what all good leaders would like to do and should do, be they political or religious leaders.

It is his method I criticise, not the goal.

What do you see wrong with that statement or goal?

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

I agree with the goals but I make no attempt to guess at what he thought at any particular time. For that matter I do not try to know anybody's thoughts unless they tell me about them. I have to laugh when a psychologist tries to tell me what I experienced.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1485254 wrote: I agree with the goals but I make no attempt to guess at what he thought at any particular time. For that matter I do not try to know anybody's thoughts unless they tell me about them. I have to laugh when a psychologist tries to tell me what I experienced.

Gnosis is to know yourself and how you think.

If you are normal and think Constantine to be normal then you should be able to match what he does outwardly to what he thought inwardly.

I know that we all think slightly differently thanks to personal experience and knowledge, but still within a certain predictable range.

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

I see what he did and basically find nothing wrong since it was an experience in history. Who am I to judge??? That is God's role and not mine. I live in "The Way" and carry on.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1485359 wrote: I see what he did and basically find nothing wrong since it was an experience in history. Who am I to judge??? That is God's role and not mine. I live in "The Way" and carry on.

I don't know what God you expect to judge.

Certainly not the incompetent bible God who judged that having his own son murdered needlessly was good justice.

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

I accept the God I see manifest in Jesus of Nazareth. That sounds simple to me.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1485457 wrote: I accept the God I see manifest in Jesus of Nazareth. That sounds simple to me.

I see more than one Jesus in scriptures. Some worthy of us and some not.

Is that Jesus you see this one?

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

The gospels are not biographies. They differ one from the other in many ways. They were not written by folks who personally knew Jesus. Thy used other writings and oral tradition. We also have to keep in mind that they were written for a particular place. Now you might want to call them lies.LOL They were written for a particular audience in a particular time. As I've said elsewhere 80% of the words attributed to Jesus cannot be traced back to the historical Jesus. They are words the evangelists put in his mouth. Honest beliefs are not lies.
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Ted;1485534 wrote: The gospels are not biographies. They differ one from the other in many ways. They were not written by folks who personally knew Jesus. Thy used other writings and oral tradition. We also have to keep in mind that they were written for a particular place. Now you might want to call them lies.LOL They were written for a particular audience in a particular time. As I've said elsewhere 80% of the words attributed to Jesus cannot be traced back to the historical Jesus. They are words the evangelists put in his mouth. Honest beliefs are not lies. I always found this interesting because in college a professor was like, "if you don't believe this is inspired by the holy spirit then yea it's just another book on your shelf, but what if" and I was always like whoa that's a big what if.
Smoke signals ftw!
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1485534 wrote: The gospels are not biographies. They differ one from the other in many ways. They were not written by folks who personally knew Jesus. Thy used other writings and oral tradition. We also have to keep in mind that they were written for a particular place. Now you might want to call them lies.LOL They were written for a particular audience in a particular time. As I've said elsewhere 80% of the words attributed to Jesus cannot be traced back to the historical Jesus. They are words the evangelists put in his mouth. Honest beliefs are not lies.

They are when the script itself tells you they are. Unknowable, unfathomable and mysterious ways all indicate that what is written are lies.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Omni_Skittles;1485546 wrote: I always found this interesting because in college a professor was like, "if you don't believe this is inspired by the holy spirit then yea it's just another book on your shelf, but what if" and I was always like whoa that's a big what if.

Indeed.

What if we were to find out that God, the great deadbeat dad, was real.

He has still shown that he does not care about mankind, his children, or he would not be a deadbeat dad.

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

Perhaps you are just pissed off with the world totally. The Bible cannot affirm itself. As for your view of God that is certainly not mine but then since I believe that none of us has the language to speak of God there really is little I or anyone else can say. God is a "deadbeat Dad" is an opinion you hold perhaps but I really think you are engaging in wishful thinking.
Ted

Post by Ted »

I think the Bible was inspired just as thousands of writers since: Summer set Maum, Dickens Borg, Service, etc etc. The Bible is off course an ancient document and it does contain much wisdom and can speak to today. Yes I have a few different Bibles on my shelf and I do take them seriously just not literally or much actual history. I could start a thread on the discrepancies in the Bible. That could prove interesting.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1485685 wrote: Perhaps you are just pissed off with the world totally. The Bible cannot affirm itself. As for your view of God that is certainly not mine but then since I believe that none of us has the language to speak of God there really is little I or anyone else can say. God is a "deadbeat Dad" is an opinion you hold perhaps but I really think you are engaging in wishful thinking.

??

Did God hang around to raise his child?

No.

That makes him a deadbeat dad.

This is not wishful thinking it is giving the right label to a deadbeat dad who coveted and used another man's woman.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1485687 wrote: I think the Bible was inspired just as thousands of writers since: Summer set Maum, Dickens Borg, Service, etc etc. The Bible is off course an ancient document and it does contain much wisdom and can speak to today. Yes I have a few different Bibles on my shelf and I do take them seriously just not literally or much actual history. I could start a thread on the discrepancies in the Bible. That could prove interesting.

That would be a long thread as there is much you can find in the way of discrepancies.

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

It would be for sure.

Omni-Skittles the "what if" phrase is used a lot by some Christians. What if Mohammed was right or what if the Buddha was right or what if Mount Everest falls over. It is a phrase often used to cover up ignorance or a lack of security. A lot of these folks simply want absolute certainty in a very uncertain world. The want the Bible to be the absolute and inerrant word of God. They want a contract signed sealed and delivered. One wonders if they plan to hold God accountable if the contract is not fulfilled.These folks have made up their minds and don't want confused by the facts. LOL One has to wonder if they don't trust God's promises.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1486255 wrote: It would be for sure.

Omni-Skittles the "what if" phrase is used a lot by some Christians. What if Mohammed was right or what if the Buddha was right or what if Mount Everest falls over. It is a phrase often used to cover up ignorance or a lack of security. A lot of these folks simply want absolute certainty in a very uncertain world. The want the Bible to be the absolute and inerrant word of God. They want a contract signed sealed and delivered. One wonders if they plan to hold God accountable if the contract is not fulfilled.These folks have made up their minds and don't want confused by the facts. LOL One has to wonder if they don't trust God's promises.

They do not because they do not really believe.

They know that they are just following traditions and their culture. All who say otherwise are likely lying to us and themselves.

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

"Believe" is the problem. The first 300 years of Christendom was about faith not belief. They were about walking in his way and following his example. The "belief" thing came in after the 300's.

Return to “International Politics”