Barack Obama's Unconstitutional as POTUS

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I might have missed an answer, but is there no hospital birth or midwife registration of birth??

Also, any Americans out there who can back up the British press claims that America is preparing for riots if the polls prove correct??
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

oscar;1037543 wrote: I might have missed an answer, but is there no hospital birth or midwife registration of birth??

Also, any Americans out there who can back up the British press claims that America is preparing for riots if the polls prove correct??
"America is preparing"?? :-2

I'm sure some of the more crowded areas have a standard procedure they follow for any big competition. Some cities' victory celebrations get out of hand.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Jester;1037426 wrote: [...] and he will try to level the black/white racial playing field once again, interfering in social engineering where he doesnt belong.
Um, are you sure you mean what you wrote here?
Oscar Namechange

Accountable;1037553 wrote: "America is preparing"?? :-2

I'm sure some of the more crowded areas have a standard procedure they follow for any big competition. Some cities' victory celebrations get out of hand.

Thanks. I just don't remember seeing anything like that in our press with other US elections.

Is it just normal for riots or victory celebrations getting out of hand or are our press infering that there will be riots if Obama gets in because of an anti-black issue?

We can only go by what our press tell us at the moment and they are over-whelmingly in McCain's favour, so there can be biased reporting.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

You do know that British victory celebrations would never get out of hand. We're all far too British. On hearing the final count, we all applaud politely, have a nice cup of tea and go home. :sneaky:
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

oscar;1037558 wrote: Thanks. I just don't remember seeing anything like that in our press with other US elections.

Is it just normal for riots or victory celebrations getting out of hand or are our press infering that there will be riots if Obama gets in because of an anti-black issue?

We can only go by what our press tell us at the moment and they are over-whelmingly in McCain's favour, so there can be biased reporting.
Dunno, but I would expect bigger riots if Obama were to lose than if he wins.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Jester2;1033045 wrote: This week in federal court in Eastern Pennsylvania a legal case declared Barack Obama to not have legal US citizenship. He is therefore neleigable to seek the office of the POTUS.

Argue the merits of the case on the other thread:

Is Barry Obama a naturalized citizen?

This thread asks two questions:

Since Barack Obama is not a US citizen what who should he/democrats call to replace him?

If Barack Obama continues and illegally and unconstitutionally becomes POTUS, how will congress and our laws act on this process of electing a man that is technically ineligable to be President?

I still can't believe this was ever an issue.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

You must live in a fairly sensible state.

I lived in one of the not-so-sensible states when all this was going on.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
superhorn

Post by superhorn »

Barack Obama is a U.S. citizen born in the state of Hawaii . His mother was American but his father was a Kenyan . This does not make him ineligible to be president .

The whole "birther" movement is a patent fraud created by right-wing extremists at the

looney conspiracy theory website "World Nut Daily ", worldnetdaily.com , which many people called "World Nut Daily ". This was founded by the quack right-wing journalist Joseph Farah nearly 20 years ago . He and another quack journalist by the name of Jerome Corsi concocted this farce because they were infuriated that a liberal Democrat named Barack Obama might become president in 2009 .

Farah & Corsi spread false rumors about Obama supposedly being born in Kenya , being a Marxist, communist and a Muslim etc , all of them idiotically untrue . And millions of naive, ignorant and gullible Americans fell for all this garbage, hook, line and sinker .

World Nut Daily features over the top inflammatory commentary some of the most despicable right-wing extremist bigots in America ,among them Bradlee Dean, Scott Lively, Linda Harvey , and others .
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, Trump, one of the original "Birthers" is now setting his sites on Ted Cruz.

Cruz, born in Canada, to a Cuban Father and an American mother actually is a better target for these loonies. The definition of "Natural Born citizen" is at best a bit ambiguous.

Though I think Mr Cruz' situation may be the final challenge to the definition for some time.

It will be up to the US Congress to make a final determination as to what specifically defines a Natural Born Citizen for purposes of qualifying for the President's office.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

IMO, Cruz's mother is American, therefore so is he, being naturally born from her American body.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1491449 wrote: IMO, Cruz's mother is American, therefore so is he, being naturally born from her American body.

True, but her American Body was in Canada when he was born. Therefore, he is a Natural Born Canadian.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

LarsMac;1491454 wrote: True, but her American Body was in Canada when he was born. Therefore, he is a Natural Born Canadian.

She was still an American, no matter where she was residing. He is a citizen through her citizenship.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1491455 wrote: She was still an American, no matter where she was residing. He is a citizen through her citizenship.

He is entitled to citizenship through one parent being a citizen. true. But he was also a Canadian Citizen because of his birth in Canada.

Dual citizenship.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I thought the rule was that they had to be born in the US, seeing as anyone can become a US Citizen. On that idea, though, what would have been the ruling of someone born in Alaska before they bought it from the Russians?
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1491449 wrote: IMO, Cruz's mother is American, therefore so is he, being naturally born from her American body.

I am not so sure about that. I did some reading on this Trumb claim and him using this Laurence Tribe as the authority for his claim.

Really wasted enough time on this and my conclusion is there is no reason Cruz can't run.

We just have to pick a good VP in the unlikely event the USSC toss's him out.

As of now I don't see a definite answer to this question.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1491462 wrote: He is entitled to citizenship through one parent being a citizen. true. But he was also a Canadian Citizen because of his birth in Canada.

Dual citizenship.

I that the same as "natural born"?
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Citizenship is automatically granted to those born within the boundaries of the US, or on US territory, and to those who's parent or parents were citizens at the time of their birth.

Barry Goldwater was born in Arizona before it was a state. But it was a US Territory, and he was a US citizen.

The actual definition of "Natural Born citizen" is at question, but precedence seems to have been set that will lead to Mr Cruz being declared eligible for the office.

As to your question, someone born in Alaska prior to the acquisition by the US, would be Russian citizens. People born there after it became a US Territory would likely have been considered US citizens.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

FourPart;1491463 wrote: I thought the rule was that they had to be born in the US, seeing as anyone can become a US Citizen. On that idea, though, what would have been the ruling of someone born in Alaska before they bought it from the Russians?

If one is born in another country while their American (one or both) parents are vacationing, or working, the offspring is a natural born American.

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”