The Church is dying.

Gnostic Christian Bishop

The Church is dying.

Post by Gnostic Christian Bishop »

Bryn Mawr;1493544 wrote: In Ted's absence I'll answer for him :-

What a peculiar interpretation - far from telling you to let another think for you it is saying that the more you think for yourself and find information the more you realise that you have far more information to find and think about.

Nothing to do with stopping thinking and allowing another to do it for you.

I am well aware of what it means and rejected it in this case.

I read a defeatist attitude that stifled seeking ones own knowledge and answered with that mind set.

To suggest that once one reaches the end of a problem in a certain area, that it must always open more doors is foolish.

Our friend accepted someone else's thinking and tries to apply it where it is not useful or accurate.

Not all clichés are useful in all circumstances.

Regards

DL
Bryn Mawr

The Church is dying.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1493588 wrote: I am well aware of what it means and rejected it in this case.

I read a defeatist attitude that stifled seeking ones own knowledge and answered with that mind set.

To suggest that once one reaches the end of a problem in a certain area, that it must always open more doors is foolish.

Our friend accepted someone else's thinking and tries to apply it where it is not useful or accurate.

Not all clich�s are useful in all circumstances.

Regards

DL

If you're well aware of what it means then why come back with a nonsensical interpretation?

And if, after learning a new area of knowledge, you are not lead to further areas that deserve research then you are indeed foolish.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

The Church is dying.

Post by Gnostic Christian Bishop »

Bryn Mawr;1493592 wrote: If you're well aware of what it means then why come back with a nonsensical interpretation?

And if, after learning a new area of knowledge, you are not lead to further areas that deserve research then you are indeed foolish.

If you need to finish an area of search to recognize that there are and will likely always be further areas of research ahead, then you are a fool.

Regards

DL
Bryn Mawr

The Church is dying.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1493604 wrote: If you need to finish an area of search to recognize that there are and will likely always be further areas of research ahead, then you are a fool.

Regards

DL

Teflon comes to mind

Return to “General Religious Discussions”