You can't call it a delay

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
spot

You can't call it a delay

Post by spot »

A new metro line in Rio de Janeiro promised for the 2016 Olympics will open just days before the event and will not open to the public until after the Games, officials have said. The 16km (10-mile) extension to Line 4 will operate at half its capacity during the the 5-21 August event.

Only Olympic officials, ticket-holders and supporting personnel will be able to use it. The line will be open to the general public after September's Paralympics.

"This is a small adjustment, and you can't call it a delay," Rio de Janeiro State Transport Secretary Rodrigo Goulart said.

Rio's new metro to work at half capacity for Olympics - BBC News

Of course you can, you dreadful little con-artist. It's a delay.

It's not just a delay, it's a completely missed deadline on the most vital project you were ever paid to oversee.

Prat.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “General Chit Chat”