Sir Desmond Swayne breaks wind on the BBC

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
spot

Sir Desmond Swayne breaks wind on the BBC

Post by spot »

The New Forest West MP said: "The reason we have a resignation honours list is because over a period of government, particularly difficult government in a coalition, a prime minister has to cajole and get the support of a number people and he builds up a debt of honour.

"I think that frankly an honours list is a relatively light way of paying it off. I think we get far too excited about these things.

"The reality is with any honours list there are names that will warm our hearts and names that will send us into an apoplectic rage."

He said the list contained people who "helped in particular way and deserve a little bit more of a thank you than their salary".

David Cameron 'list' sparks call for honours overhaul - BBC News

..."and an OBE for Isabel Spearman, who was employed as a special adviser to Mr Cameron's wife, Samantha, but is widely described in newspaper reports as her stylist".

If someone would open the window for a few moments, please?

Lay off the curried eggs, Des.

Phwoar.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “General Chit Chat”