our shame? bewielderment? horror?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Recently it has come our (australians) attention of the horror tactics being implimented in the northern territory youth justice system.

The four corners report was gut wrenching enough. But now we know even worse......... it was legal!!!!! The NT Government made these tactics legal at the beginning of this year.

Its bad enough that this happens to adults....but children?......what shame to call myself an Australian when Guantanimo tactics to subue and control children are used ....its barbaric, horrorifying!

A royal commission has been called, really our government has no choice....... but it was legal!

If any of you would like to see whats happening in the northern of Australia today....in the 21st century then look up 'four corners australia detention centre'

As a mother im sickened and would be beying for blood and a want to hunt the perpetrators down...... unfortunetly that would mean an entire judicial system where they dont see a problem.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Look up.... abc news four corners shocking vision of dylan voller being victimised in youth detention.'

These men. (The guards) go home to their own children .... why arent these mens children taken away from them because they are sexual and physical assaulters of children. ...... why hasnt THAT question been asked?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

How can this be legal? Someone needs to change the law pronto.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I think people would be horrified to know half of what goes on up north.

I knew a couple of men who were in child prisons during the seventies.....they are still scarred. But its been a long time. I thought wed moved on.

Heads should role especially ministers heads but they are very non chalant about it.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

OMG

I can't watch this.

This has to stop now.

Every one should be out on the Government steps pounding the doors down.!!

I don't agree with this & my Country doesn't agree with this.

Patsy
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Neither does mine patsy.

In fact the boy in the video wrote an open letter thanking people for their outrage. It took 24 hours after this show was aired that the prime minister called for a royal commission...... but it doesnt take away the fact that some ministers knew about this.

Wretchingly horrible! And you should hear the buck passing and half apologies and excuses. Dispicable!

But its good to see the average person in the street doesnt think this acceptable.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I think what is really sickening about this (if you see the whole four corners program) was the cockiness of the bloke in charge of it all when he thought everything was going to be presented the way he wanted it.

Well not so cocky now!

This was to be covered up as a riot and an escape attemp.... what? The NT government was going to sue the boys family for damage done during his "escape attempt....... there was no attempt !it was one boy who had been kept in a dark tiny cell with no natural light for too long . Who's cell was unlocked.....gee who forgot to do that ?..... and he lost it . .

Two boys who were in another cell are seen cowering and sobbing behind a mattress and heard saying goodbye to each other because they thought they were about to die.....

:(:-5
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Barbaric - do you not have any human rights in Oz?
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

We have refugees on manus and christmas island.....that Europe wants to emulate. I dont know if we have human rights until the opposite is exposed.

The commissioner appointed has already stepped down......here we go .

Everything this government touches turns into a national security delenma.....everything is a national secret........until?
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Bryn Mawr;1499425 wrote: Barbaric - do you not have any human rights in Oz?

Abc.au.net/mediawatch .... bryn wtaps it up more succinctly than i could. They revealed ...1st August episode ... the main provlem with getting media to the entire country. And whats considered important in the main.

I can relate to it only today . I was looking for media reporting on a car crash near me. Apparently its not important to know the second child died.... this is what happens when local news isnt considered important and obly the snatches of headlines makes news.
jasonandreaspeters

Post by jasonandreaspeters »

how kil the duck :-D laughing
ninawilliam89

Post by ninawilliam89 »

I think that needs to change some laws to suit
công dụng của tụ điện, tiểu thuyết ngôn tình hay
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I agree Ninawilliam89.

Lets just say there are a few ministers and authorities a little worried.....but in saying that the main child in the videos is 16 and being held in an adult prison.

Nina? Are you vietnamese?
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

How disgusting. Inhuman. Sadistic. All those 'officers' should be instantly sacked and taken to court as perverts. The officer in charge should be sacked and taken to court for sanctioning such appalling treatment on children. What the hell is the matter with this corrupt f***ing savage world. There is too much of this barbarism to bear. Justice ? There is no such word in the dictionary.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Whats intetesting Gill is that the "officer in charge" was found out to be a referree in cage fighting...wtf? Not sure he is a fit and proper person to have children in his charge.lots of social and welfare workers are now telling their experiences in these NT prisons.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Watching Voller give evidence at the royal commission........ its defo an eye opener.

And ive wanted to cry a couple of times. That young man has a tic and a flinch....... you dont acquire that for no reason.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

The findings of the royal commision will be handed down today.

I dont feel sorry for the prison guards breaking down into tears....lets face it, if the original complaint hadnt been televised those barstards would still be doing it.

Some of the findings will push for more smaller residential facilities and get those kids out of the larger prisons
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Theres some really damaging info coming out of this commission.

It seems the government closed Dondale because it wasnt fit for human habitation......then opened it again as a childrens prison.WTF?

And i cant stand politicians and heads of organisations who repeat over and over "i cant recall"....and "not everything makes its way up the line to me".....makes me sick!

Return to “General Chit Chat”