Cisgender ?????

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Bruv

Cisgender ?????

Post by Bruv »

Is it my age ? Have I missed something ?

I read this a few times before I got the drift of what it was all about.HERE

I think it means that.....if there is a role that portrays a *cough* LGBT character then the LGBT community would prefer that the role was taken by a LGBT actor/actress.

LGBT covers all the variations of sexuality....I think.....even 'Cisgender' which means.......Someone whose gender matches their "assigned" sex at birth, or a male or female, that is.......male or female, I am reluctant to say normal, so will call it heterosexual.......if that's OK.

So Tom Hanks should give his Oscar back for Philadelphia, and Rock Hudson........he would never have got a job.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Cisgender ?????

Post by spot »

That's just plain insulting, you can't say LGBT.

The acronym you're looking for is LGBTIQA. Leaving out the Intersex, Questioning and Allied persuasions is totally insensitive of you.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Cisgender ?????

Post by LarsMac »

So, let me see if I get this.

We should allow anyone to use whatever bathroom they feel most comfy in, regardless of gender assignment or gender/sex identity, but if an actor wants to play some gender-related role, they should be of the same gender assignment or gender/sex identity as the character that they will portray?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Cisgender ?????

Post by spot »

I saw Fiona Shaw play Hamlet, if that helps.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
YZGI

Cisgender ?????

Post by YZGI »

spot;1501167 wrote: I saw Fiona Shaw play Hamlet, if that helps.

Now I know what he meant by," To be or not to be."
Bruv

Cisgender ?????

Post by Bruv »

Nobody is taking this seriously are they ?
spot

Cisgender ?????

Post by spot »

I'm trying, but it's hard when I can't open the referenced link because it's on the BBC website - I'm flailing slightly.

You did manage to put me in mind of Marlin Hurt, known to the whole of America as Beulah, for which I'm indebted - I might have seen out my days without ever remembering his astonishing presence. I do hope there are others here who can still bring his voice to mind.
Bruv

Cisgender ?????

Post by Bruv »

So....a white guy parodying an African American female is acceptable.....on the radio, but on TV it's wrong ?

The guy died before I was born.......you must be ancient Spot.
AnneBoleyn

Cisgender ?????

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bruv;1501174 wrote: So....a white guy parodying an African American female is acceptable.....on the radio, but on TV it's wrong ?

The guy died before I was born.......you must be ancient Spot.

Maybe he listens to the channel 'Radio Classics' on satellite SiriusXM. I've heard that show on there.
ZAP

Cisgender ?????

Post by ZAP »

yzgi;1501169 wrote: now i know what he meant by," to be or not to be."

lol!
magentaflame

Cisgender ?????

Post by magentaflame »

YZGI;1501169 wrote: Now I know what he meant by," To be or not to be."

Okay, that was funny.

So my son cant play any straight roles?

And he cant identify himself as not being straight because?????....he's offending whom?

Even my gay sis and her partner stay away from this kind of bull. Its a small number of people with an agenda to turn the majority against LBGT people
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
ZAP

Cisgender ?????

Post by ZAP »

magentaflame;1501230 wrote: Okay, that was funny.

So my son cant play any straight roles?

And he cant identify himself as not being straight because?????....he's offending whom?

Even my gay sis and her partner stay away from this kind of bull. Its a small number of people with an agenda to turn the majority against LBGT people

I have a gay brother who would see the humor in YZGI's remark.
spot

Cisgender ?????

Post by spot »

Noel Coward was good at creating and appearing as happily married men, the world should be grateful. Few people could have out-gayed Mr Coward. He was very brave in what he said about gaydom too given what they'd done to Mr Wilde, we should be grateful for that as well.
magentaflame

Cisgender ?????

Post by magentaflame »

ZAP;1501231 wrote: I have a gay brother who would see the humor in YZGI's remark.
Huh? I did too. And said so.

The rest of my comment was directed at the OP.

Keep up Zap! Lol
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
magentaflame

Cisgender ?????

Post by magentaflame »

Returning from a night at my sisters.....

"Guess whati have a catagory too now"

"You what?"

"Im cisgender apparently"

"You just made that up"

"Nope apparently i am a person who is my assigned gender of birth"

I then showed them this thread and the link

" what the %#@%៛¥€ฯ₪៛฿$@)#%)`##"

Hee hee hee.
ZAP

Cisgender ?????

Post by ZAP »

magentaflame;1501310 wrote: Huh? I did too. And said so.

The rest of my comment was directed at the OP.

Keep up Zap! Lol

This is all very confusing to me! I read the link and I'm more confused than ever. I think I need to carry the glossary with me to be able to know who is what! lol! And does it really matter?
spot

Cisgender ?????

Post by spot »

ZAP;1501329 wrote: And does it really matter?Very much so. Depending on what you want to do, and who you want to do it with, you either already have the appropriate equipment or you need to get an upgrade. If you're like me and you don't actually realize what options are available then, at the very least, you need to be careful which bar you choose for your evenings out.I pushed her away. I walked to the door.

I fell to the floor. I got down on my knees.

I looked at her, and she at me.

Well that's the way that I want it to stay.

And I always want it to be that way for my Lola.

Ray Davies, 46 years ago.
magentaflame

Cisgender ?????

Post by magentaflame »

ZAP;1501329 wrote: This is all very confusing to me! I read the link and I'm more confused than ever. I think I need to carry the glossary with me to be able to know who is what! lol! And does it really matter?
:wah: probably not.

But spot hasa point, you probably want to be prepared if at all engaging in some physical sports..... like bringing along a pole vault to neccesary events.
ZAP

Cisgender ?????

Post by ZAP »

spot;1501331 wrote: Very much so. Depending on what you want to do, and who you want to do it with, you either already have the appropriate equipment or you need to get an upgrade. If you're like me and you don't actually realize what options are available then, at the very least, you need to be careful which bar you choose for your evenings out.I pushed her away. I walked to the door.

I fell to the floor. I got down on my knees.

I looked at her, and she at me.

Well that's the way that I want it to stay.

And I always want it to be that way for my Lola.

Ray Davies, 46 years ago.

Thank you for that, Spot. I knew that The Kinks sang it but I didn't know who wrote it or the story behind (no pun here) it until I looked it up on Wiki.

That reminded me of a local bar I go into that has added a restroom with the male/female sign on it. A friend of mine told me I really needed to go in it to see all the sex toys that are in the vending machines. I think I'll pass. I don't want to be in there if one of the salivating, and drunken I might add, men decides to join me.
Bruv

Cisgender ?????

Post by Bruv »

Transgender family where the father gave birth

Now then.........man and women marry and have kids.

Nothing odd about that.....is there ?

The fact that they 'call' themselves transgender, yet the ex-female and the ex-male do what males and females have been doing since time begun, and the ex-female gives birth............so are they trans or not ?
magentaflame

Cisgender ?????

Post by magentaflame »

Nah some aussie transgender couple did that years ago.

I think the kid would be 7-10years old now.
FourPart

Cisgender ?????

Post by FourPart »

Look at what the establishment did to Alan Turin.
magentaflame

Cisgender ?????

Post by magentaflame »

Confused a little here. (At my mums for a visit , and yes thanks she's fine thankyou) mum and i were talking about this because she didnt know what LGBT stood for . She was told recently that she couldnt use the word "trendy" anymore because it was offencive to the LGBT community.

Does anyone know the new meaning of trendy that pertains to offencive language?

Return to “General Chit Chat”