People first, God second. Should people put themselves above God?

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Post by Gnostic Christian Bishop »

Jesus put people above God and so should we. “Mark 2;27 And he said unto them, The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath: 28Therefore, the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

I think that the world would be a better place if people put their wants and needs as well as the wants and needs of other people above God’s.

I look at all the wealth that religions squander on themselves with huge churches and mosques, which are mostly empty, --- while many people still live in poverty and despair, --- and wonder if that wealth would be better spent on the poor. That would conform more to what Jesus taught us to do for the poor.

Governments seem to be of the same mindset as the religions as they spend lavishly on themselves while the poor go with their needs ignored.

I would think that religions would show the better mindset but that does not seem to be the case.

Before religions started thinking of God as a literal and real being, a more peaceful world, religiously speaking, home churches were the order of the day. Archeology has proven this. They were used as feeding stations for the poor and destitute and contributed more to the fellowship that people need more that the mega churches, temples and mosques that we have today.

Should we consider the benefits of the older ways and bring religion back into the homes where it’s expression and help for the poor can be better served?

Seems to me that the religious crave a personal relationship with their God, and that is best expressed from homes and not from the self-aggrandizing mega monstrosities and opulent churches and mosques that advertise their wasted wealth in our cities.

Does charity really begin at home, by putting people first and not God?

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Post by Gnostic Christian Bishop »

Pathetic.

I cannot believe that the numbers that viewed this thread are such cowardly people that no one dared reply.

There is no great left in Great Britain.

Regards

DL
spot

Post by spot »

As a forum we're sick of cut and paste blitzing, that's all.

If you go back and actually read what went into your post a week or two ago you'll see the criticism. We - the site management - would be pleased if you could address the matter there rather than traipsing past it on tippy-toe hoping nobody would remember bringing it up.

This is certainly not the first time we've attempted to discuss your use of ForumGarden with you.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I personally don't see anything to comment on. I imagine the same goes for most of the others who've looked.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
gmc

Post by gmc »

It seems rude to interupt when he's talking to himself.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1503024 wrote: Pathetic.

I cannot believe that the numbers that viewed this thread are such cowardly people that no one dared reply.

There is no great left in Great Britain.

Regards

DL

It 's not so much about daring as it is about bothering. The pathetic part is that you hold yourself in such high regard, you think we should wish to reply to your nonsense.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Beginning to look like one of those infamous FG gang up threads. He's no worse than Pahu or Xfro with his copy/paste habits. I't's only fair to be equal across the board.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
spot

Post by spot »

Pahu, Mickiel and Xfro each have a single thread. I've consequently never bothered to look at how many other sites they post the same material to, if they do in fact post the same material elsewhere.

Katsung, Truthbringer and Dutch are obsessively ill but they do explore their ideas constructively when anyone engages with them. Six would even join in conversations.

Not that the following point is relevant to my challenge to him this month, but all I've heard from GCB since he started posting here is one long scream and his sole notion of online engagement appears to be forceful instruction. What you mistake for ganging up is in my opinion no more than the venting of a communal frustration.

What GCB is not going to do is to carry on starting yet more copy/paste posts on ForumGarden without first discussing his methodology with me in the appointed thread.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

spot;1503034 wrote: Pahu, Michiel and Xfro both have a single thread each. I've consequently never bothered to look at how many other sites they post the same material to, if they do in fact post the same material elsewhere.

Katsung, Truthbringer and Dutch are obsessively ill but they do explore their ideas constructively when anyone engages with them. Six would even join in conversations.

Not that the following point is relevant to my challenge to him this month, but all I've heard from GCB since he started posting here is one long scream and his sole notion of online engagement appears to be forceful instruction. What you mistake for ganging up is in my opinion no more than the venting of a communal frustration.

What GCB is not going to do is to carry on starting yet more copy/paste posts on ForumGarden without first discussing his methodology with me in the appointed thread.I have no problem with your initial post. You're the forum owner. What I object to is the piling on. It's completely unnecessary. Lock him up, ban him or allow him to continue to post. It's your choice. Though You are somewhat selective. You know quite well Pahu posts all over the internet and has been banned more times than not, but you refuse to act on that. We've discussed it before and I know you have a very good memory.

Again, it's your forum and the rest post here with your permission.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1503035 wrote: I have no problem with your initial post. You're the forum owner. What I object to is the piling on. It's completely unnecessary. Lock him up, ban him or allow him to continue to post. It's your choice. Though You are somewhat selective. You know quite well Pahu posts all over the internet and has been banned more times than not, but you refuse to act on that. We've discussed it before and I know you have a very good memory.

Again, it's your forum and the rest post here with your permission.

Actually, AHSO!, several of us have often attempted to engage the guy, and all attempts have been met with derision and disdain. He has no respect for anyone, and simply wishes to do these little dumps all over the boards, apparently to demonstrate his own spiritual superiority.

Pahu is not really any better, but he is at least more entertaining, and willing try to communicate.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

GCB was a poster under a different name (of which I cannot recall) at Secular Cafe. He was completely ignored and eventually left there and began posting here.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
spot

Post by spot »

If you glance at http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/curre ... ost1502734 from last week you'll see that what he posts here is a copy of what he posts on a lot of other sites. I have no way of telling whether he also writes the content though I have noticed some posts where he certainly didn't. I've never seen him acknowledge any other authorship, even in those cases.
gmc

Post by gmc »

I didn't know spot was the forum owner. Learn something new everyday.
spot

Post by spot »

I'm occasionally authorized in advance to speak on behalf of the owner, like now.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”