New old headphones

Snowfire

New old headphones

Post by Snowfire »

I treated myself this week to a second hand pair of SP3 Dynatron headphones.

These were my first experience of hi-fi back in 1971 when my Dad acquired a Garrard record deck, a Rogers Ravensbrook amplifier and Dynatron headphones.

I listened to them today and compared them to my modern Sennheisers. They were fine but clearly technology has come a long way. There is a clarity that doesnt come through with the old SP3s but I just wanted to relive the big heavy padded cans.

They are immaculate and were a bargain at £40 but the seller was a heavy smoker and I haven't as yet managed to get the smell off, so any advice on that score would be appreciated.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
LarsMac

New old headphones

Post by LarsMac »

Get a sealable plastic bag large enough to enclose the headset, and add a couple of those fabric softener dryer sheets, and leave for several hours, or even overnight.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Snowfire

New old headphones

Post by Snowfire »

Thanks, I had thought along those lines

Ive wiped them several times with a lemon wipe and that doesn't touch the sides.

He was a PROPER smoker, this fella

Attached files
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
FourPart

New old headphones

Post by FourPart »

A scrubbing with good old Bicarbonate of Soda seems to be the best answer to pretty much all cleaning problems.
Baylee

New old headphones

Post by Baylee »

wow, I listened to music with them once and actually really dig the sound! Great buy!
spot

New old headphones

Post by spot »

I'd not seen the thread before. Nor have I heard of the headphones, come to that. I tend toward either Sony or Sennhauser (obviously), but I'd put in a good word for Jowan's noise cancelling Bluetooth set if I could but remember the name of them. Damson XD, a small UK startup. Very comfortable, very effective wired or wireless and not wildly expensive. Given how shot my ears are, any over-ear headphone is good news but the noise-cancelling element when traveling is amazing.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “General Music”