IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Mickiel;1504449 wrote:

With an oncore from Jimi Hendrix!

I am deaf from being in the front row at Fillmore East during Jimi, Janis, Led Zep, Jefferson Airplane, and a thousand others. Can't remember all, was chemically infused. Have to Google for exact content. Went every weekend, & always in front row.

Joshua Light Show, at least I didn't lose hearing from that! Sight, maybe!

Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Were you at the Allman Bros Concert that became the live album?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I saw the Allman's live there, but I don't know if that was the concert album. Long, long time ago as the song goes.

eta--looked it up on Google, the date was 9/23/70 & I was in NYC on that date, did go every weekend to Fillmore as I said, but still, don't know. There were a lot of psychedelics going around. Like Robert Plant said recently of those times--"I don't remember, no, really, I don't remember."

"Disputed[edit]

If you remember the Sixties, you weren't there.

Attributed to Grace Slick in Bangkok Babylon (2006) by Jerry Hopkins, p. 217, and elsewhere, this was also attributed to Paul Kantner in The New Yorker, Vol. 67 (1991), Dennis Hopper in Roger Ebert's Movie Home Companion (1992), and in various books to numerous others, including Judy Collins, George Harrison, and comedian Robin Williams."

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Grace_Slick
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1504467 wrote: I saw the Allman's live there, but I don't know if that was the concert album. Long, long time ago as the song goes.

eta--looked it up on Google, the date was 9/23/70 & I was in NYC on that date, did go every weekend to Fillmore as I said, but still, don't know. There were a lot of psychedelics going around. Like Robert Plant said recently of those times--"I don't remember, no, really, I don't remember."

"Disputed[edit]

If you remember the Sixties, you weren't there.

Attributed to Grace Slick in Bangkok Babylon (2006) by Jerry Hopkins, p. 217, and elsewhere, this was also attributed to Paul Kantner in The New Yorker, Vol. 67 (1991), Dennis Hopper in Roger Ebert's Movie Home Companion (1992), and in various books to numerous others, including Judy Collins, George Harrison, and comedian Robin Williams."

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Grace_Slick

Well, I was there, and I remember.

Well, not ALL of it, but a lot of it.

It was the 70s that got really foggy for me.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

60's, 70's, all part of the same thing.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I remember enough to be glad I was there.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
spot

Post by spot »

The 60s and 70s I recall, every word, every meal, every eye contact. The last two decades are similar. The 80s and to a smaller extent the 90s have moments which are entirely blank when I was just too busy to keep my eyes focused.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

AnneBoleyn;1504456 wrote: I am deaf from being in the front row at Fillmore East during Jimi, Janis, Led Zep, Jefferson Airplane, and a thousand others. Can't remember all, was chemically infused. Have to Google for exact content. Went every weekend, & always in front row.

Joshua Light Show, at least I didn't lose hearing from that! Sight, maybe!

I was chemically infused myself, that time was great for music ; I was digging Marley , Lennon and even Elvis; those memories I still have of all that music, are among some of my best memories in life. Jimi Hendrix playing " The Star Spangled Banner";

the good ole days!
spot

Post by spot »

Here you are - another song about The King.

I'd go back and see Elvis in his final concert just to get the full experience.

Pete Atkin sings "Apparition In Las Vegas"
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1504470 wrote: 60's, 70's, all part of the same thing.

I dunno. The 70s got really weird. Something to do with Mushrooms in the neighbor's pasture, if I remember rightly.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

spot;1504473 wrote: The 60s and 70s I recall, every word, every meal, every eye contact.

My European memories of that time are crystal clear because I wasn't burdened by Vietnam. I did take part in European protests; I did have my fun with substances; my heart & mind however felt intense relief being away from the thick of it; the intense stress was lifted and I was able to live, learn, enjoy.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

LarsMac;1504477 wrote: I dunno. The 70s got really weird. Something to do with Mushrooms in the neighbor's pasture, if I remember rightly.

Nothing was as nauseating as peyote, imo. As for psilocybin, I had chemistry major friends who were able to put the compounds in pill form & one didn't have to deal with the mushrooms. Pill form of psilocybin; better living (& tripping) through chemistry. IMO.

That's what made drugs like lsd safe. Your own friend's would make it; not for profit but for deep experience. Even the coke friends smuggled in not cut; in rock crystal form; no rat poison, thank you.

The military boys would bring back opiated hash, Black with shiny green inside. I better stop talking, I'm triggering a contact high in myself.

Peace & love.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

What about the statute of limitations Annie ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bruv;1504482 wrote: What about the statute of limitations Annie ?

MESCALINE! That's the name of the compounds for peyote in pill form; such a clean, yet gooey trip!

Bruv, I don't understand your question. Please explain.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

AnneBoleyn;1504484 wrote: MESCALINE! That's the name of the compounds for peyote in pill form; such a clean, yet gooey trip!

Bruv, I don't understand your question. Please explain.

How long ago was your criminal activities with illegal drugs ?

Unless there is a statute of limitation the authorities could still incarcerate you.................I wont stitch you up.......can't vouch for some other upstanding members.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Bruv;1504482 wrote: What about the statute of limitations Annie ?

I'm sure that 30 some years covers it.
- DH Lawrence
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

tabby;1504040 wrote:

Who would be your choice from this list?

I have only seen Freddie perform from the list. Picking one would be so tough! I would have to choose Elvis, but for the record- I love Ray Charles, Johnny Cash, Janis Joplin

and Michael Jackson.
barrykid

Post by barrykid »

I would pick either Michael Jackson or Whitney Houston.

Return to “General Music”