How To Get To Heaven When You Die

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1508407 wrote: If religion was clear, it would have fewer attractions for the ignorant. They need obscurity, mysteries, fables, miracles, incredible things, which keep their brains perpetually at work. Romances, idle stories, tales of ghosts and witches, have more charms for the vulgar than true narrations.

It's not about a religion. It's about a relationship. Talk about attractions for the ignorant. Evolutionists prey on the defenseless children in the schools and all the way up to the universities. If it were really true, why are they so afraid to allow the other side of the story to be presented? Christians invented the education system and it's been infiltrated by liberal ideology.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1508441 wrote: It's not about a religion. It's about a relationship. Talk about attractions for the ignorant. Evolutionists prey on the defenseless children in the schools and all the way up to the universities. If it were really true, why are they so afraid to allow the other side of the story to be presented? Christians invented the education system and it's been infiltrated by liberal ideology.

That is about as ignorant a post as I have seen in a long while.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1508445 wrote: That is about as ignorant a post as I have seen in a long while.

That's because you don't understand that Christianity is not about a religion. It's about a relationship. It's about a relationship with Jesus Christ. What does Jesus say to those whom He condemns to hell? Jesus said: Mt 7:23 "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Why does He say "I never knew you"? Because they never had a genuine relationship with Him. By being "Born Again" God gives them a new spirit inside of them that is able to commune with God. A non Christian cannot have that, therefore, a non Christian cannot have a real relationship with Christ. Hence the phrase, " I never knew you". When Christians speak of relationship with Jesus Christ, this is what they are talking about. They really do feel God's presence inside of them, guiding them, and He does speak to them in various ways, although many times it is very subtle.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1508441 wrote: It's not about a religion. It's about a relationship. Talk about attractions for the ignorant. Evolutionists prey on the defenseless children in the schools and all the way up to the universities. If it were really true, why are they so afraid to allow the other side of the story to be presented? Christians invented the education system and it's been infiltrated by liberal ideology.

You religious Christians can twist the truth to make it your truth until the cows come home. It'll only make you look more ridiculous every day.

I love a good :wah:
Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

An interesting perspective.

The Christian Right Was Right | john pavlovitz

I confess that I was dead wrong about this. I have to hand it to the Christian Right, they knew what the heck they were talking about all this time. They knew this was going to happen and predicted it with astounding accuracy, over and over again.

The man is quite right, and we have seen it coming for a long time. It is right there in the book. We just tend to misunderstand what is really being foretold.

Do read the whole article before commenting.
- DH Lawrence
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

LarsMac;1508487 wrote: An interesting perspective.

The man is quite right, and we have seen it coming for a long time. It is right there in the book. We just tend to misunderstand what is really being foretold.

It's slowly becoming clearer to more and more people. Religion is evil.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1508464 wrote: You religious Christians can twist the truth to make it your truth until the cows come home. It'll only make you look more ridiculous every day.

I love a good :wah:

What did I twist? Explain.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Fuzzy;1508491 wrote: It's slowly becoming clearer to more and more people. Religion is evil.

It is not religion that is evil, I think.

I know many people who have religious beliefs that they hold dearly, and live their lives in accordance with them, and never bother other people or expect other people follow them.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1508487 wrote: An interesting perspective.

It's not the Christian Right who are hurting the poor, ect. It's Liberal policy that doesn't work and yet the Libs never stop continuing to shove it down our throats anyway.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1508497 wrote: What did I twist? Explain.

The truth mainly.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

LarsMac;1508501 wrote: It is not religion that is evil, I think.

I know many people who have religious beliefs that they hold dearly, and live their lives in accordance with them, and never bother other people or expect other people follow them.

I mean religion in itself is evil, most religious people are not. They are only gullible, ignorant and brainwashed.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1508491 wrote: It's slowly becoming clearer to more and more people. Religion is evil.

I agree that non Christian religions are evil because they are based on lies and are leading multitudes into hell. With that said, it really isn't about a religion, as I've stated before, it's about a relationship with Jesus Christ. You must actually and in reality have the Holy Spirit in your heart, which you recieve when you accept Jesus Christ. Ask anyone who is a born again Christian.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1508501 wrote: It is not religion that is evil, I think.

If you knew if your heart that people were going to die and go to hell if they didn't accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and you didn't tell them about Jesus, THAT would be evil. No one is being forced to be a Christian. Interestingly, islam forces people to be muslim with the threat of death and liberals and non Christians don't consider them to be evil.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1508519 wrote: The truth mainly.

No, I think that you are so closed minded that you won't even consider anything that goes against what you would like to be true. Have you even looked at any of the evidence that I have presented?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1508564 wrote: No, I think that you are so closed minded that you won't even consider anything that goes against what you would like to be true. ...

Pot,...Kettle,...

Hmmm?
- DH Lawrence
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1508564 wrote: No, I think that you are so closed minded that you won't even consider anything that goes against what you would like to be true. Have you even looked at any of the evidence that I have presented?

You haven't presented any evidence. There can not be any evidence for your beliefs. If anyone is close minded it's who believes stories made up by goat herders who lived during the bronze age.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1508567 wrote: Pot,...Kettle,...

Hmmm?

I think you need to look at the man in the mirror.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1508576 wrote: You haven't presented any evidence. There can not be any evidence for your beliefs. If anyone is close minded it's who believes stories made up by goat herders who lived during the bronze age.

Yes I have. You just refuse to look at it and or admit what it is. The evidence is on my side, not yours. Much of the evidence that I have provided has nothing to do with the Bible, although it is backed up by the Bible. Interestingly, that book written in the Bronze age and still God's unchanging word. It's amazing how it fits together so perfectly.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1508609 wrote: I think you need to look at the man in the mirror.

I think that you must be a lot younger than I originally thought.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1508640 wrote: I think that you must be a lot younger than I originally thought.

You must not remember the Michael Jackson song "I'm starting with the man in the mirror...I'm asking him to change his ways..." LoL Yeah I'm pretty young. That must be it..
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1508672 wrote: You must not remember the Michael Jackson song "I'm starting with the man in the mirror...I'm asking him to change his ways..." LoL Yeah I'm pretty young. That must be it..

I know what you are trying to say, but I assure you that I am fine with the one looking back at me from my mirror.

And I am certainly not expecting any change from your lot. You could be my brother-in-law, for all I know. or my Cousin in Texas, or my Uncle, the Oklahoma Preacher. I've lived with you all our lives, mate, and you don't even know me.

Your type is always telling people how they need to be someone different. I suspect what you see in us is your own mirror.
- DH Lawrence
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Sit on your ass all day, pray to god, and see if anything gets done.

Now, force yourself to work hard every day and see if anything gets done.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

LarsMac;1508673 wrote: I know what you are trying to say, but I assure you that I am fine with the one looking back at me from my mirror.

And I am certainly not expecting any change from your lot. You could be my brother-in-law, for all I know. or my Cousin in Texas, or my Uncle, the Oklahoma Preacher. I've lived with you all our lives, mate, and you don't even know me.

Your type is always telling people how they need to be someone different. I suspect what you see in us is your own mirror.

Again, you haven't gotten the message. You said "If anyone is close minded it's who believes stories made up by goat herders who lived during the bronze age." You also implied that I must be young. My reply was that you need to look at the "Man in the mirror" because I believe that you are the one who is close minded and won't look at the evidence. Additionally, I was also letting you know that I am old enough to know the song "Man in the mirror" by Michael Jackson, therefore, I must not be as young as you think. I don't think I am your brother in law, mine wouldn't go on a site like this one. Secondly, I am not from Texas, so that's out. Not from Oklahoma either. You really don't know me. I am not responsible for what other Christians have done to you. I am not telling anyone to be anything different than what you are now. All I am doing is sharing the way to heaven with people and presenting evidence for why the Bible is true. Why tell people how to live their lives if they aren't on their way to heaven anyway? I can't change you, nor can you. I am not telling you to clean up your life before you come to salvation. What I am hoping is for those who read this first post and my posts is that they submit their lives to Jesus Christ just the way that they are and let Him change their life. You can never be perfect. Christians aren't perfect, but they do have peace with God knowing where they are going when they die. It's a great feeling.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1508676 wrote: Sit on your a#$ all day, pray to god, and see if anything gets done.

Now, force yourself to work hard every day and see if anything gets done.

Name a Christian who does that? God doesn't typically reward someone who sits and does nothing, however, prayer does accomplish the impossible. God instituted work, so yes you are supposed to work. The way that I believe that it works is that we are to do the very best that we are capable of, being faithful to our calling in life, pray and in faith allow God to make up for the things that we cannot do. God has done this for me more times than I can count. He helps you do more than you are capable of. Sometimes, He performs miracles. He always leaves room for the doubters to continue doubting and the unbelievers to keep on in their unbelief.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Philosophy is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat.

Metaphysics is like being in a darkroom and looking for a black cat that isn't there.

Theology is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat that isn't there, and shouting,

“I found it!”

Science is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat using a flashlight.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1508691 wrote: Again, you haven't gotten the message. You said "If anyone is close minded it's who believes stories made up by goat herders who lived during the bronze age." You also implied that I must be young. My reply was that you need to look at the "Man in the mirror" because I believe that you are the one who is close minded and won't look at the evidence. Additionally, I was also letting you know that I am old enough to know the song "Man in the mirror" by Michael Jackson, therefore, I must not be as young as you think. I don't think I am your brother in law, mine wouldn't go on a site like this one. Secondly, I am not from Texas, so that's out. Not from Oklahoma either. You really don't know me. I am not responsible for what other Christians have done to you. I am not telling anyone to be anything different than what you are now. All I am doing is sharing the way to heaven with people and presenting evidence for why the Bible is true. Why tell people how to live their lives if they aren't on their way to heaven anyway? I can't change you, nor can you. I am not telling you to clean up your life before you come to salvation. What I am hoping is for those who read this first post and my posts is that they submit their lives to Jesus Christ just the way that they are and let Him change their life. You can never be perfect. Christians aren't perfect, but they do have peace with God knowing where they are going when they die. It's a great feeling.

You ignorance is showing, again, Brother.

xfrodobagginsx;1508691 wrote: You said "If anyone is close minded it's who believes stories made up by goat herders who lived during the bronze age."
Sorry, but, I do not recall writing those words.

Knowing about a Michael Jackson song hardly proves you're not young. But you don't really seem to have much age in you way of looking at the world.

You really haven't paid that much attention to what I have said to you. My only objection to anything you have ever posted was your simplistic Young-Earther take on things. That and you willingness to ignore The Word when it does not support you notions.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1508697 wrote: Philosophy is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat.

Metaphysics is like being in a darkroom and looking for a black cat that isn't there.

Theology is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat that isn't there, and shouting,

“I found it!”

Science is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat using a flashlight.

In accurate. I know the Lord and He is very real. He has performed miracles in my life and in my family that cannot be denied. We will all stand before Him one day and give an account for our lives. If we have Christ, we will be pardoned for our sins, if we don't, we will have to pay for our own sins by going to hell.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

In the matter of religion, men are but overgrown children. The more absurd a religion is, and the fuller of marvels, the more power it exerts; the devotee thinks himself obliged to place no limits to his credulity; the more inconceivable things are, the more divine they appear to him; the more incredible they are, the more merit he gives himself for believing them.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Bear in mind that Jesus (even if he did exist) was not a Christian, but a Jew.

Did he not supposedly tell the story of the Good Samaritan. Notably, the Samaritan wasn't Christian either. He was even of another Religion altogether. The point was that those supposedly OF the Religion who were not Humanitarians were the evil ones, whereas the one who did good was not of the Religion, and he was the good one, which is exactly the opposite of your interpretation.

I am a Humanitarian. It is for this very reason that I am Anti-Religious as the hypocrisy of Religion is, and always has been, notorious. All Religions preach of Love & Peace, whilst enforcing their individual interpretations of this Love & Peace through Torture, Hatred, Oppression & Violence. Nearly every war throughout history has been under the banner of some Religion or another. Very few actually practice what they preach. Didn't Jesus supposedly say something about it being easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into the Kingdom of Heaven? Yet who are the wealthiest corporate landholders, worldwide - the Church. From the beginning of time, Religion has been nothing but a money making venture.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1508740 wrote: In the matter of religion, men are but overgrown children. The more absurd a religion is, and the fuller of marvels, the more power it exerts; the devotee thinks himself obliged to place no limits to his credulity; the more inconceivable things are, the more divine they appear to him; the more incredible they are, the more merit he gives himself for believing them.

Or in the case of Christianity, no matter how much evidence supports it's truthfulness, mockers still mock. They close their eyes and ears to any evidence that contradicts what they would like to be true because they are scared to death that there may actually be a God that they will have to answer to some day.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Ignorance and fear are the two pivots of all religion. The uncertainty attending man's relation to his god is precisely the motive which attaches him to his religion. Man is afraid when in darkness, physical or moral. His fear is habitual to him and becomes a necessity; he would believe that he lacked something if he had nothing to fear.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1508757 wrote: Bear in mind that Jesus (even if he did exist) was not a Christian, but a Jew.

Did he not supposedly tell the story of the Good Samaritan. Notably, the Samaritan wasn't Christian either. He was even of another Religion altogether. The point was that those supposedly OF the Religion who were not Humanitarians were the evil ones, whereas the one who did good was not of the Religion, and he was the good one, which is exactly the opposite of your interpretation.

I am a Humanitarian. It is for this very reason that I am Anti-Religious as the hypocrisy of Religion is, and always has been, notorious. All Religions preach of Love & Peace, whilst enforcing their individual interpretations of this Love & Peace through Torture, Hatred, Oppression & Violence. Nearly every war throughout history has been under the banner of some Religion or another. Very few actually practice what they preach. Didn't Jesus supposedly say something about it being easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into the Kingdom of Heaven? Yet who are the wealthiest corporate landholders, worldwide - the Church. From the beginning of time, Religion has been nothing but a money making venture.

]It's easily provable that Jesus did in fact exist. He is a Jew who fulfilled the Mosaic Law and instituted the Church. The word Christian simply means "Follower of Christ". Yes He told the story of the good Samaritan. We don't know the religion of the Samaritan. The point of the story had nothing to do with his religion, it had to do with race. The Jews hated the Samaritans. Jesus clearly declared that He is the only way to heaven. Do you believe Him when He says that? The entire Bible condemns worshiping false Gods and false religions. Do you believe that part?

Great. Christians are humanitarians too. In fact, Christian charities give more to the poor than any other charities. The Red Cross is a good example. Where do you see hypocrisy? Christians don't torture, hate or oppress or get violent, but evolutionists, liberals and muslims do. Yes WWII Hitler was trying to build a master race, in effect trying to help evolution. He was an evolutionist. But you can't judge Christianity by what Christians do anyway. You judge Christianity by what the Bible actually tells them to do. If Christians don't follow what Christ says to do, it's not God's fault. The Bible also says that the Love of money is the root of all evil. Not having the money. Also, The Church is not the wealthiest group in the world. Most of those people are non Christian.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

xfrodobagginsx;1508783 wrote: ]It's easily provable that Jesus did in fact exist. He is a Jew who fulfilled the Mosaic Law and instituted the Church. The word Christian simply means "Follower of Christ". Yes He told the story of the good Samaritan. We don't know the religion of the Samaritan. The point of the story had nothing to do with his religion, it had to do with race. The Jews hated the Samaritans. Jesus clearly declared that He is the only way to heaven. Do you believe Him when He says that? The entire Bible condemns worshiping false Gods and false religions. Do you believe that part?

Great. Christians are humanitarians too. In fact, Christian charities give more to the poor than any other charities. The Red Cross is a good example. Where do you see hypocrisy? Christians don't torture, hate or oppress or get violent, but evolutionists, liberals and muslims do. Yes WWII Hitler was trying to build a master race, in effect trying to help evolution. He was an evolutionist. But you can't judge Christianity by what Christians do anyway. You judge Christianity by what the Bible actually tells them to do. If Christians don't follow what Christ says to do, it's not God's fault. The Bible also says that the Love of money is the root of all evil. Not having the money. Also, The Church is not the wealthiest group in the world. Most of those people are non Christian.

It is NOT easy to prove. Theologians have been trying to prove it for centuries, without success. If it was that easy, as you claim, why are they still trying to prove it? Where is all this so called 'evidence'. The only 'evidence' provided are word of mouth narratives which have been passed down by people who weren't even born until several hundred years after his supposed existence. The closest 'evidence' seems to be a box with the name of someone thought to be his brother written on it. There's no proof even of that being the person referred to, let alone that he even HAD a brother. The other one, Tacitus, has been proven to be a fraud, as close examination shows words to have been edited & changed to change the meaning of the text. There is no record of a supposed census - which would surely have not gone by unnoticed. Furthermore, the story of everyone having to return to their place of birth to be taxed makes no sense whatsoever - if all they wanted were their taxes the Romans wouldn't be interested in where they were born, but where they were at the time. On top of that, what about all those that had no idea of where they were born? References to 3rd party characters who are reputed to have had some sort of contact with him is not proof, any more than "I heard it from this bloke in the pub who heard it from his brother's mate's cousin". So where is all this 'evidence'?
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1508777 wrote: Ignorance and fear are the two pivots of all religion. The uncertainty attending man's relation to his god is precisely the motive which attaches him to his religion. Man is afraid when in darkness, physical or moral. His fear is habitual to him and becomes a necessity; he would believe that he lacked something if he had nothing to fear.

The whole point of the Bible is so that we are not ignorant. Interestingly, the evolutionists are the ones preying on ignorance. They refuse to present both sides of the issue in Schools and Universities. They only want to present the evolutionary side of the story. The evidence points to Christianity being true when you actually look at both sides. Christians are forced to look at both sides if they attend public schools.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

xfrodobagginsx;1508797 wrote: The whole point of the Bible is so that we are not ignorant. Interestingly, the evolutionists are the ones preying on ignorance. They refuse to present both sides of the issue in Schools and Universities. They only want to present the evolutionary side of the story. The evidence points to Christianity being true when you actually look at both sides. Christians are forced to look at both sides if they attend public schools.

You should stick with the Bible.
- DH Lawrence
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

FourPart;1508785 wrote: It is NOT easy to prove. Theologians have been trying to prove it for centuries, without success. If it was that easy, as you claim, why are they still trying to prove it? Where is all this so called 'evidence'. The only 'evidence' provided are word of mouth narratives which have been passed down by people who weren't even born until several hundred years after his supposed existence. The closest 'evidence' seems to be a box with the name of someone thought to be his brother written on it. There's no proof even of that being the person referred to, let alone that he even HAD a brother. The other one, Tacitus, has been proven to be a fraud, as close examination shows words to have been edited & changed to change the meaning of the text. There is no record of a supposed census - which would surely have not gone by unnoticed. Furthermore, the story of everyone having to return to their place of birth to be taxed makes no sense whatsoever - if all they wanted were their taxes the Romans wouldn't be interested in where they were born, but where they were at the time. On top of that, what about all those that had no idea of where they were born? References to 3rd party characters who are reputed to have had some sort of contact with him is not proof, any more than "I heard it from this bloke in the pub who heard it from his brother's mate's cousin". So where is all this 'evidence'?

It's VERY easy to prove. There are dozens and dozens of historical writings regarding Christ from His day from the Roman Historians and others. Really? Theologians can't prove it? It's very easily provable. Tons of Secular Historical writings which I can provide for you if needed, The Church History, The Apocriphical writings, The explosion of the Church during that time, The fact that New Year, Easter and Christmas revolve around Christ and much of the world celebrates it, ect. All the so called evidence? Prove George Washington existed. You only know through historical writing. Several hundred years later? No, they were written by the actual eyewitnesses to the events. All were eyewitnesses and knew Jesus personally. The NT was written between 50-90 AD well within the lifetimes of those who were alive. I am not worried about the box with the name James the Brother of Jesus on it. It may be a fraud. I don't need to easily prove Christ's existence. I also don't need the Shroud of Turin to prove it, although I do personally believe it to be the burial cloth of Christ. There's just no other way to explain it other than it is an ancient photographic negative which occured when He rose from the dead. I can't prove it, but that's my opinion. I don't need Tacticus writings either. Josephus should even be enough evidence on his own, but I don't even need him.

This link takes you to just a few of the Ancient Secular Writings Regarding Christ. You are kidding yourself.

Early Secular Writings Regarding Christ

Here is a link explaining how to New Testament was Canonized. They had criteria one being that it had to be written by an Apostle, plus they had to be an eyewitness and it had to be in the lifetime of Christ.

THIS VIDEO WILL EXPLAIN HOW THE NEW TESTAMENT OF THE BIBLE WAS CANONIZED (CAME TO BE) PART 1 AUTOMATICALLY MERGES INTO PART 2

WHOLE VIDEO:

Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

God created the Earth and Heaven in 6 days and rested on the 7th. He must have been exhausted after creating a Universe that is 93 billion light years big and expanding. More importantly are steps 1 and 4. In step 1, god created day and night, then in step 4 he created the Sun, Moon and Stars. Had he created the Sun, Moon and Stars first, he could have saved a step because it is the Moon, the Sun and other Stars that emit visible light. This creation misstep led many to conclude that god didn't know where light came from.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1508844 wrote: God created the Earth and Heaven in 6 days and rested on the 7th. He must have been exhausted after creating a Universe that is 93 billion light years big and expanding. More importantly are steps 1 and 4. In step 1, god created day and night, then in step 4 he created the Sun, Moon and Stars. Had he created the Sun, Moon and Stars first, he could have saved a step because it is the Moon, the Sun and other Stars that emit visible light. This creation misstep led many to conclude that god didn't know where light came from.

The speed of light is not a constant. It can be manipulated and also may have been much faster in the past. Why is step 1 and 4 an issue for you? Did you know that light shines from God? There may also have been a temporary source of light used at that time. It's not a creation mis tep. It's an issue of arrogance on your part to think that you know more than the God that created all things. God knew the light source.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Creation Science Links:

Creation Evidence Museum of Texas

Creation Evidence

Proof evolution is WRONG

Scientific Evidence for Creation Home page
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Whoever wrote the bible never intended it as a science lesson.
- DH Lawrence
Fisher Amen

Post by Fisher Amen »

LarsMac;1508873 wrote: Whoever wrote the bible never intended it as a science lesson.

Although it is accurate in matters of Science, it is not a science book. Correct. It is a history book that documents God's creation of all things, the fall of man, the plan to redeem man of his sins through a nation, Israel, Israel rejecting their King so the gospel is given unto the Gentiles, Israel returning to God and embracing their King and the Bride of Christ (The Church) ruling and reigning with Christ for eternity.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1508862 wrote: The speed of light is not a constant. It can be manipulated and also may have been much faster in the past. Why is step 1 and 4 an issue for you? Did you know that light shines from God? There may also have been a temporary source of light used at that time. It's not a creation mis tep. It's an issue of arrogance on your part to think that you know more than the God that created all things. God knew the light source.
Yes I agree, god said 'let there be light' and switched on his flash light. I've done that lots of times myself. God just couldn't do wrong in your eyes, but you will have to recognise that god hasn't got a clue about anything. He's a bit like you.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1508877 wrote: Yes I agree, god said 'let there be light' and switched on his flash light. I've done that lots of times myself. God just couldn't do wrong in your eyes, but you will have to recognise that god hasn't got a clue about anything. He's a bit like you.

No, God could never do wrong. Only a person who is spiritually dead would believe that. How arrogant to believe that you are smarter than the one who created everything from nothing. Let's see you do it. I have seen it many times. People who think like you, decide to say that sinners prayer to God in this first post and then their whole view on God changes. One of my best friends even a couple years ago.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

If you are not born again spiritually you have animosity against God.

Ro 8:7 because the mind of the flesh is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can it be:

8 and they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fisher Amen;1508876 wrote: Although it is accurate in matters of Science, it is not a science book. Correct. It is a history book that documents God's creation of all things, the fall of man, the plan to redeem man of his sins through a nation, Israel, Israel rejecting their King so the gospel is given unto the Gentiles, Israel returning to God and embracing their King and the Bride of Christ (The Church) ruling and reigning with Christ for eternity.

Well put.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

xfrodobagginsx;1508953 wrote: Well put.

Not really. Just the same old obsolete belief system.

Although we weren't alive then, Jesus Christ died on the cross for the sins we didn't commit.

Don't let his death be in vain. Donate $100 to your nearest church.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1508964 wrote: Not really. Just the same old obsolete belief system.

Although we weren't alive then, Jesus Christ died on the cross for the sins we didn't commit.

The truth will never be obsolete. He died for past, present and future sins. You don't think God knows the future as He said? Name a person who has never lied, stolen, lusted, hated someone, ect.? Every person has sinned as Christ said. Even sweet old ladies have sinned in their lives.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

You guys are pretty lucky. Who ever made up the 10 commandments never included 'thou shalt not tell lies'.

Smart Cookie.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Fuzzy;1508975 wrote: You guys are pretty lucky. Who ever made up the 10 commandments never included 'thou shalt not tell lies'.

Smart Cookie.

You must not know the 10 commandments either. "Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness Against Thy Neighbor" means just that. If I believed in evolution and rejected God's word, I would be calling God a liar and that would make me a liar.
Fisher Amen

Post by Fisher Amen »

Fuzzy;1508964 wrote: Not really. Just the same old obsolete belief system.

Acts 8: 20 Peter answered: "May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money!
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Jesus died on the cross so preacher Joyce Meyer could buy a $5 million private jet.

Return to “General Chit Chat”